X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018-19: Souza The Opportunity

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    I had to read that a couple of times before it clicked. Hysterical! I have to say, I get more laughs reading this thread than all of the others combined.
    It's what we're shooting for, chickod. Sometimes unintentionally even ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Olddog View Post
      Well Chuck .. I was captured by the evil empire, tortured and am now paralyzed. I had to relocate to a new location like Luke did and have been watching all things good happen 'with the force' Thank God Darth is gone! The dog!
      How did I miss this re-appearance?

I didn’t want to derail the conversation involving
      people who actually know something about UNH hockey, but I thought they played PC extremely well up until the third period of the Saturday night game where the Goons finally broke through. That ending surprised me too. And I see you handled the menace that is Dartmouth quite well...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
        How did I miss this re-appearance?

I didn’t want to derail the conversation involving
        people who actually know something about UNH hockey, but I thought they played PC extremely well up until the third period of the Saturday night game where the Goons finally broke through. That ending surprised me too. And I see you handled the menace that is Dartmouth quite well...
        Souzacats are on a Mission.

Comment

While watching Black Hawks - Pens game tonight, I got to wondering how TvR and his UNH buds are doing on the 'Canes.

TVR, 26 ga, 2+4=6 pts, -3
          Pesce, 20 ga, 3+1=4, +4
          Foegeli, 29 ga, 3+2=5, -13

JvR, 12 ga, 2+4=6, -1
          Career, 10 NHL seasons, 621 ga 203+196=399 pts

Winnik, Career, 11 NHL seasons, 798 ga, 82+169=251 pts
          Now in Switzerland, after 11 NHL seasons
          Last edited by Snively65; 12-13-2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

There may be a valid argument in a year or so CDS is the most prominent former UNH'er in the NHL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              There may be a valid argument in a year or so CDS is the most prominent former UNH'er in the NHL.
              Does CDS already hold UNH goalie alum record for most NHL games? Who am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Does CDS already hold UNH goalie alum record for most NHL games? Who am I missing?
                Uh you're missing a really big one with 215 NHL games under his belt.

Hint: his nickname was Ty Chokelin.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Hint: his nickname was Ty Chokelin.
                  Gee willikers, you must be the USCHO resident comedian??

Hint: 215 career NHL games ain't a "choke", buddy boy
                  I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
                  AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Hint: his nickname was Ty Conklin.
                    Oh, right, of course; thanks. FYP.

So, CDS second UNHer in NHL games played, games won, etc.

Comment

Cap Raeder played 28 games with the Whalers in the mid-'70's during their pre-NHL days in the WHA.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Cap Raeder played 28 games with the Whalers in the mid-'70's during their pre-NHL days in the WHA.
                        CDS already flown by Raeder, leaving Cap in his rear-view mirror.

Trivia Question: What did Robbie Ftorek say to Cap while jabbing his fingers into Cap's chest when their Needham team fell behind Mike Milbury's Walpole Rebels 3-1 with under 2 minutes left in the Massachusetts school boy championship game during March 1970?
                        Last edited by Snively65; 12-14-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Trivia Question: What did Robbie Ftorek say to Cap while jabbing his fingers into Cap's chest when their Needham team fell behind Mike Milbury's Walpole Rebels 3-1 with under 2 minutes left in the Massachusetts school boy championship game during March 1970?
                          Don’t know the answer to that, but did he hurl a bench on the ice afterwards?
                          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                            Don’t know the answer to that, but did he hurl a bench on the ice afterwards?
                            Who? Milbury? :-)

Meanwhile, CDS pitching a 2-0 shut out against B's so far at PPGPA.

EDIT: CDS makes 47 saves of 50 Bs SOG for Pens 5-3 win over B's.
                            Last edited by Snively65; 12-14-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Something to the effect of: “how many goals do you want?”
                              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                JMO - he already is.
                                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X