Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other HE news it appears that a loss at then 14-2-0 (#4 PWR) Quinnipiac will not derail UMass' season after all. The Minutemen win the return game tonight, 3-1, and improve to 13-2-0 (with their only other loss to date being part of a split on the road at then #1 Ohio State)...

Elsewhere, Vermont has a third period lead and BU knocks off Lowell...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018-19: Souza The Opportunity

Originally posted by Karnac the Magnificent View Post
      UNH will sweep Dartmouth this weekend. Both goalies will play, one will earn a shutout. Discuss.
      Hopefully some of you folks matched my Friday lunchtime brilliance.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        We’ll take it anyway we can get it Taylor had some great saves! Hitting Molly’s for some post game victory Margs 😉
        What I meant by my "dead lucky" comment about Friday night game is that Dartmouth clanked the post three times in the third, all from out front, and two of which Taylor had no chance of stopping. Sometimes being lucky is better than being good.

Good call of the UNH shut out tonight, Chuck. That should earn you a free beer from someone here at Libby's. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Oh most definitely Oh great prognosticator!! 😉 Way to nail it!
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            I called for six HEA OOC W's this weekend, so went down in flames on that prediction. But, I will take the four points by our state U anytime. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              What I meant by my "dead lucky" comment about Friday night game is that Dartmouth clanked the post three times in the third, all from out front, and two of which Taylor had no chance of stopping. Sometimes being lucky is better than being good.

Good call of the UNH shut out tonight, Chuck. That should earn you a free beer from someone here at Libby's. :-)
              Well you are absolutely right there! Was re-watching today in and out and it was crazy how many clangers Dartmouth had! Well, hats off to the 'Cats...they found a way to win last night and came to play tonight! Yep..being lucky IS better than being good sometimes! See you the 30th....which jersey will you wear, hmmm??? (And as always good to watch some Wildcat hockey with ya..)
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                In other HE news it appears that a loss at then 14-2-0 (#4 PWR) Quinnipiac will not derail UMass' season after all. The Minutemen win the return game tonight, 3-1, and improve to 13-2-0 (with their only other loss to date being part of a split on the road at then #1 Ohio State)...

Elsewhere, Vermont has a third period lead and BU knocks off Lowell...
                Also, there were over 8,000 at the game. Bodes well for the future for UMass. And as I said the other day, wins will increase attendance.

Comment

That’s quite a weekend for Liam Blackburn and Angus Crookshank; clutch GWG Joey Cippolone. Justin Fregona has a 3 point weekend. Excellent job by the PK all weekend. Strong play by Ty Taylor and a first career shutout for Mike Robinson. Players stepping up to fill D slots and doing well at it. Way to go ‘Cats enjoy the break.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Agreed. I think injuries, while entirely unfortunate, have certainly given Blackburn a chance to prove he belongs in the top six and Fregona has also take advantage. To me he's proven his ability to play an energy role as well as a number of other options, while also having some offensive gifts that can help UNH with that depth they truly need...

If (hopefully) healthy after the break I'd run out...

Nazarian - Pierson - Kelleher
                    Crookshank - Blackburn - Fregona
                    BVR - Vela - Grasso
                    MacAdams - Miller - Esposito
                    XF
                    McAdams with cast on right forearm.
                    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Our Cats clawed their way from 49th to 36th in PWR this weekend, and leaped to 7th in PWR for HEA teams, not that either means anything at this point. But, the lower HEA PWR teams (BU, UVM, Yukon, and Mack) should be targets for UNH in conference games looking ahead.
                      Last edited by Snively65; 12-09-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Well you are absolutely right there! Was re-watching today in and out and it was crazy how many clangers Dartmouth had! Well, hats off to the 'Cats...they found a way to win last night and came to play tonight! Yep..being lucky IS better than being good sometimes! See you the 30th....which jersey will you wear, hmmm??? (And as always good to watch some Wildcat hockey with ya..)
                        One of my favorite novelists Tom Robbins wrote: "Meet me in cognito, where I will be in disguise."

Comment

Huge BG congrats on your sweep of us and this while you guys are short-handed on the back end; this will bode well for you guys in the future as guys stepping up in an undefined role and being more than serviceable. Last night was almost a carbon copy of the previous night in Hanover although some names changed like the goalies and that prove to be the difference. When you don't score you cannot win. Your boys fought harder and again maximized on your opportunities (with the help of the BG). Good luck the rest of the way as your squad gets healthy!

FWIW category: Robinson looked more solid, relaxed, and in total control/command compared to the other. Yes , the other made acrobatic saves but he also looked shaky on routine shots with lack of rebound control. Robinson is your man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                            McAdams with cast on right forearm.
                            That’s too bad...and here's hoping Anthony Wyse returns to the line up sooner than later as well. ...hopefully not too severe for the both of them!

Can someone tell me how we played last night? Was not there and can only go by the score. ‘Cats deserve a ton of credit for the weekend! Had to feel good. And Snively65 I did note our jump in the PWR! 36th beats 51st

Here's the highlights; wow, Crookshank...loved his comments in the presser "I live for scoring goals". Agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIRLfXJdP4A
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-09-2018, 08:46 AM.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              "Ahhh sounds like words from the north country … has the WIS Estate arisen from the dead"

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                                Huge BG congrats on your sweep of us and this while you guys are short-handed on the back end; this will bode well for you guys in the future as guys stepping up in an undefined role and being more than serviceable. Last night was almost a carbon copy of the previous night in Hanover although some names changed like the goalies and that prove to be the difference. When you don't score you cannot win. Your boys fought harder and again maximized on your opportunities (with the help of the BG). Good luck the rest of the way as your squad gets healthy!

FWIW category: Robinson looked more solid, relaxed, and in total control/command compared to the other. Yes , the other made acrobatic saves but he also looked shaky on routine shots with lack of rebound control. Robinson is your man!

Nice sentiments!

I was born in Hanover and remember the days when Dartmouth was the Indians and not the BG! Many people do not realize this but the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts, now called the University of New Hampshire, was founded in Hanover 1866 in partnership with Dartmouth College. Dartmouth later kicked out the redneck farm boys and a bill was signed in 1891 to build a college on Ben Thompson's farm in Durham, NH.

It's only fitting that a bitter in-state rivalry has ensued ever since!
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X