Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Great weekend. I was gone so I didn't see the games.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
      Again, the reason it's not in btn2go is because it's not a game you could watch on anything with your DirecTV subscription. It's not a televised game, thus it's not on btn2go. The whole point of btn+ is to let you watch games that aren't otherwise televised.
      I don't give a duck about BTN+. My rant was about the game NOT being on BTN2GO, or even one of the BTN sub channels as Brat put it.

.....and if they're going to put on a garbage production, just don't do it! 😀
      Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-14-2018, 08:59 PM.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Umm, well that was impressive. Low scoring tightly played win Friday, barn-burner Saturday, withstanding a huge comeback from BC to win going away in the 3rd period.

I wasn't surprised TG decided to change his mind and start Berry again after publicly declaring Lebedeff would get the Saturday start, but I wonder what that does to Lebedeff's confidence. I did not see the Saturday game, how did Berry look? TG does want 1 guy to take the reigns, does he ride Berry next weekend too or give Lebedeff a shot?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Lebedeff is a goalie, should be used to that type decision. Only position that gets treated that way. They learn real early to have tough skin.

The Saturday feed on BTN+ was the stadium feed used for the tvs in the stadium. Was weird to watch, but happy to watch it and see the win. Better than that other Badger game on ABC.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Umm, well that was impressive. Low scoring tightly played win Friday, barn-burner Saturday, withstanding a huge comeback from BC to win going away in the 3rd period.

I wasn't surprised TG decided to change his mind and start Berry again after publicly declaring Lebedeff would get the Saturday start, but I wonder what that does to Lebedeff's confidence. I did not see the Saturday game, how did Berry look? TG does want 1 guy to take the reigns, does he ride Berry next weekend too or give Lebedeff a shot?
            On the weekend Berry is 2-0 /.919sv%/2.5GA, so if he does that all year he gets the net pretty much every night I'd guess. I think Berry was pretty good Saturday despite the 5 goals. I'd say 3 he had no chance on and the other two were iffy chances, so nothing glaring against him. Taking a couple weak penalties with a big lead in the 2nd helped BC a lot in climbing back in it. Like Friday when Jack stopped a one on none breakaway that turned out to be a huge play, he stoned a perfect wide open back door attempt right after Kalynuk scored to make it 2-1 in the first. He really had no business getting there, but it was a game changing kind of save as it preserved the lead and the momentum for the Badgers.
            I also think his calm demeanor is a real asset, he's the same whether a puck goes in or doesn't, and with all the young Badgers, it's pretty important to have a guy that is maintaining an even keel when things appear to be coming apart at the seams. If the D can keep the lanes clear like they did a lot of the weekend, and the F's can back check and support like they did a lot of the weekend, Jack appears to be able to make all the saves he should, and chip in with one or two he probably shouldn't each night. That's all you can really ask for. I give him a pretty good grade.

I won't be surprised if Tony sticks with Jack, nor will I be surprised if he sits him a night this weekend to get Daniel some game experience and see what he really has.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

https://www.uscho.com/2018/10/15/wis...te-stays-no-1/

#15 in the polls, #1 in our hearts.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                You guys have discussed the game pretty well so far, but you missed the most important thing. Why didn't the Badgers have the ****** on the back of their jerseys? Since BC also had UA jerseys, it would have been nice to show off that one extra * that we have!
                I've been wondering the same thing since Friday night. Haven't heard or read anything. Do Posick or Milewski monitor this site? If you do, please follow up, boys!
                #Fashionmatters

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

Tapped the "LIKE" button.

Comment

Great article on Ben Street in the Athletic.

https://theathletic.com/587847/2018/...ld-ben-street/

Good quote from him in reference to his first NHL goal, “So I put in there, ‘Just like ‘ol Bill Howard would say. Short-side high.’ Somewhere he’s groaning.”
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      I've been wondering the same thing since Friday night. Haven't heard or read anything. Do Posick or Milewski monitor this site? If you do, please follow up, boys!
                      #Fashionmatters
                      This must be a recent change. I remember seeing the stars there in previous years...

Even the custom jerseys that they made for Metallica a few months ago had the stars

Comment

That's way to high.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                          This must be a recent change. I remember seeing the stars there in previous years...

Even the custom jerseys that they made for Metallica a few months ago had the stars

Cool, I don't remember LaPointe doing that. If anybody went, did they wear them?

Comment

Great article on Ben Street in the Athletic.

https://theathletic.com/587847/2018/...ld-ben-street/

Good quote from him in reference to his first NHL goal, “So I put in there, ‘Just like ‘ol Bill Howard would say. Short-side high.’ Somewhere he’s groaning.”
                            great article. My subscription to the Athletic was the best money spent on sports in a long time. You get articles like this and lots of Badger football/bb, Brewers, Packers and any NHL teams you want to follow.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              Cool, I don't remember LaPointe doing that. If anybody went, did they wear them?
                              They did not.

Comment

Hrmmmm....Goalie coach for the boys?

Comment

Working...
                                X