Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

You guys have discussed the game pretty well so far, but you missed the most important thing. Why didn't the Badgers have the ****** on the back of their jerseys? Since BC also had UA jerseys, it would have been nice to show off that one extra * that we have!

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Really enjoyed listening to Andringa. A lot of great insight. He was commenting quite a bite how the D where making sure they had the O covered and gave Berry the right sight lanes. Berry seemed to play higher up on the crease. Confidence shows.

Really nice game to watch last night. Great starting point. Now a good test, back to back games. Go Red!

Comment

Really excited to come down from Point to see the game tonight! Let’s go RED!!!

Comment

**** YOU, BTN. I'm in Rochester MN house~sitting and want to stream on BTN2GO like I did last night. First, the women's game was on BTN PLUS, now the men's game. (Plus requires a separate fee). I already pay a subscription to DirecTV; BTN isn't going to double dip me. **** THEM and get off my lawn.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            **** YOU, BTN. I'm in Rochester MN house~sitting and want to stream on BTN2GO like I did last night. First, the women's game was on BTN PLUS, now the men's game. (Plus requires a separate fee). I already pay a subscription to DirecTV; BTN isn't going to double dip me. **** THEM and get off my lawn.
            Again, the reason it's not in btn2go is because it's not a game you could watch on anything with your DirecTV subscription. It's not a televised game, thus it's not on btn2go. The whole point of btn+ is to let you watch games that aren't otherwise televised.

Comment

I'm watching the BC game. BC isn't that good. UW scored once I think but I can't tell what the score is. They don't show the scoreboard, there's no audio. I take that back the audio is of some random volleyball game interspersed by random cut aways to the football game. Very chaotic.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Uw 2-1
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Uw 2-1
                  Thanks for the update

Comment

WHEEEEEEEE! Nice way to start the season. Also, "HEY" guy actually got on the screen this game.
                    Last edited by WiscDC; 10-13-2018, 11:56 PM.

Comment

That was an exciting game to attend. I love the hustle of the freshmen forwards and the poise of the freshmen defensemen. Great start to the season! Sweep!

Comment

I'm good with that too. Let's build up the B1G's PWR and SOS.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                          Again, the reason it's not in btn2go is because it's not a game you could watch on anything with your DirecTV subscription. It's not a televised game, thus it's not on btn2go. The whole point of btn+ is to let you watch games that aren't otherwise televised.
                          My direct tv has 4 big ten channels, rarely are 2 even used. They need to use what they have if they want channel to succeed ?

Comment

Regarding the BTN Plus feed, had you guys that oppose paying for it actually paid for it last night, you would have been even more ticked off, as normally they tie the radio broadcast to the the video on the scoreboard and it's sort of, almost, kinda, a little bit...like watching a regular game. But as was mentioned earlier, we had nothing on audio, then we had about ten minutes of the Badger Volleyball announcers, then we had a bunch of weird buzzes, and then a hot arena mike in one ear and intermittent buzzes in the other. Normally I would have just synced the radio feed myself, but I was watching it an hour after it started on replay so I didn't even try to work it out. Needless to say, it takes almost no effort on the av crew side to get the BTN plus feed together but they completely failed. Plus they missed the first several minutes of the game. A lot of little schools put together really quality broadcasts on their own. When a B1G giant school like Wisconsin doesn't make the smallest effort to even just plug in a mike or open an app, or check if something's working, it looks pretty freakin' sloppy. Very disappointing.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

As to the game and the weekend, one of the really good takeaways is that probably 9 of 10 goals on the weekend were produced from just working harder than the other guys. (K'Andre's first was mostly talent and skill in moving the puck to him and him sniping it home.) Best thing about that is it's reproducible. Sometimes snipers get hot and sometime they cool off, but the boys can work hard every night and create chances and score goals off them.

Second takeaway is that when BC rolled and tied it in the second, guys came out and went straight to work in the third, drew a couple PP's early and then just stayed on their horses until something good happened. Caufield's GWG bounced in off a BC stick, but they had a couple of pipe's there too, especially Johnson's, which I couldn't believe didn't go in. Stuck together, kept working and good things happened. Nice play by Kalynuk coming out of the box in the last minute, realizing he was a forward, and then jumping in deep and aggressive on the forecheck to turn the puck over and ice the game.

2 games in and 14 Badgers have points, 8 have goals. That's gotta be the formula all year.

The first PP was awful, couldn't get it in and couldn't get set up if they did. Needs more urgency to say the least. The second PP unit was actually pretty good I thought. Got it in pretty good and set up Freytag's big shot for some nice one-timers. I think that's going to produce some goals, and if it does, it's going to open up the back side guys as well. I like what they're doing.

The other really big concern is that we were terrible all weekend on faceoffs. 41% I think? It is just way too much work to lose that many, and in close games late when you get that O zone faceoff, or especially a PP faceoff, we gotta win a lot more of those. Of course BC has some premier talent taking draws, but still...

All in all, could hardly ask for a better start to the season. No doubt York is going to get all the talent BC has working together soon and they're going to win a lot of games, so the sweep could have huge PWR implications down the road if the Badgers can be in contention late.
                              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 10-14-2018, 10:04 AM.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Some notes. #1C (in my heart) Tarek Baker leads the team in points. The top three shot producers are all defensemen: Kalynuk (7), Miller (7), and Ess (6). 5 out of our top 6 scorers are underclassmen. Badgers are tied for 2nd in goals/game, tied for 23rd in goals against. They have not converted on power play (0-6). Penalty kill is 75% (6-8).

Also, I really didn’t like Tischke on the power play.

Comment

Working...
                                X