Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

First game I've seen this year. Disappointed is an understatement. I can't blame Berry for some of those goals... but he looks slow and un-athletic when he drop to the ice. Doesnt seem like he can recover well and move across the crease.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Power play sucks, penalty kill sucks, even strength sucks? Goalie had been average. One was a terribly weak goal but no chance on others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I coach lax and if my guys played like this they would be off the field.

Effort takes zero skill!

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

This is yet another year where we see stories that come out in the papers of how the team is "coming together" and how "close the team is" and they put in a performance like this.

I get that they are a young team, but watching them play, they don't even look like they know where each other is supposed to be on the ice.

That was a putrid performance.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Pathetic.

This is why they lost ticket holders.

And it’s Going to take at least 4-6 Consecutive NCAA tourneys appearances to reestablish UW as a power.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

And it’s Going to take at least 4-6 Consecutive NCAA tourneys appearances to reestablish UW as a power.
              Without a doubt. And here we are again with another 3-2 start. Sigh.

Comment

It's nights like these I thank my lucky stars for the triple thinner.

Going into this game I would have said you are going to win zero percent of the games you give up 5 Power Play goals in.

Turns out I was right about that.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Wew.

Comment

I thought they looked different than last year in the beginning of the game. They were winning battles and were fast and moving the puck. Then they fell behind and looked like they threw in the towel and started doing the same crap as last year....the circling, not crashing the net, not trying as hard as the other team, yadda yaddda.

The lack of heart and grit is concerning because this rediculousness should have been fixed already and these kids should have some fricking pride when they play for the Badgers, or any team for that matter. The team is going to lose some games but to have that kind of effort is pathetic. And it's why we turned the channel to watch volleyball.

Comment

From the 95-96 season forward:

13 seasons above .500
                      10 under .500

10 NCAA appearances in 23 years.

Wisconsin is not a perennial power and i’m far beyond tired of it.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                        I thought they looked different than last year in the beginning of the game. They were winning battles and were fast and moving the puck. Then they fell behind and looked like they threw in the towel and started doing the same crap as last year....the circling, not crashing the net, not trying as hard as the other team, yadda yaddda.

The lack of heart and grit is concerning because this rediculousness should have been fixed already and these kids should have some fricking pride when they play for the Badgers, or any team for that matter. The team is going to lose some games but to have that kind of effort is pathetic. And it's why we turned the channel to watch volleyball.
                        To be fair, after the 5 & Game on Baker (and the 5x3 and 5x4) to start the game which also scrambled all the lines (None of these guys have played yet this year with anybody but their regular line mates) I still thought the boys were mostly getting the best of the 5x5 play, what little there was. The Ess penalty early in the second and the ensuing 4th goal just did them in though. It was over right there.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I have never seen a 5 for grabbing the facemask before. The dude he yanked on tried to remove his head by snapping it off his neck, I thought that could have been 5 or a double minor, it was pretty egregious. Berry did seem mega slow across the crease on that one goal in the 1st period and the 3rd goal was soft, it wasn't even a cookie shot. The penalties really did them in flow-wise as well and losing Baker screwed up 2 lines, so that would make them look disjointed.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Wisconsin is not a perennial power and i’m far beyond tired of it.
                            I guess what I'm tired of is my belief is that I think we can get back to it. It's something that should have sunk in years ago, but we should all finally accept. We're a team with a history of greatness. And at this point, that's what we've got. And for now, we'll have to be OK with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              I guess what I'm tired of is my belief is that I think we can get back to it. It's something that should have sunk in years ago, but we should all finally accept. We're a team with a history of greatness. And at this point, that's what we've got. And for now, we'll have to be OK with that.
                              I won’t be Ok with that ever.

In the same time period, Boston College.

20 seasons above .500

17 NCAA appearances and 8 FF appearances. THAT is where Wisconsin hockey should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                To be fair, after the 5 & Game on Baker (and the 5x3 and 5x4) to start the game which also scrambled all the lines (None of these guys have played yet this year with anybody but their regular line mates) I still thought the boys were mostly getting the best of the 5x5 play, what little there was. The Ess penalty early in the second and the ensuing 4th goal just did them in though. It was over right there.
                                I don't agree at all. They made us look like we were on the penalty kill 5x5. Effort was pathetic. Even captain Tische lacked effort at times.

Give me Zirbel. At least he will be working hard all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X