Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avalanche are the worst. **** Landeskog. **** Mackinnon’s lightning speed. **** Colorado.

Now that I got that out of the way. Nothing but love for y’all on here, even if you’re an avalanche fan

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      Avalanche are the worst. **** Landeskog. **** Mackinnon’s lightning speed. **** Colorado.

Now that I got that out of the way. Nothing but love for y’all on here, even if you’re an avalanche fan
      😂🤣😃😅😆😉😁
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        It's not the $10 that bothers me, it's the principal. "Greedy folk have long arms."

The BTN has 2 alternate channels in addition to the main one. They are used for football but rarely after that. They are producing games (or co-producing them) otherwise BTN+ wouldn't have them. All they would have to do is flip a switch and BOOM......2 extra B1G channels worth of advertising! Somebody's going to tell us it's not that easy, but it is.

Obviously, it's not a life or death situation, but the whole B1G money grab really bugs me. Get off my (snow filled) lawn.

Anyway, Let's Talk Hockey! 1 hour away from watching my Avalanche destroy the Flying Penguins. Badgers will sweep this weekend. The Kohl Center is 10 miles from my home; I promise not to get any closer.
        Yep, exactly the response I was expecting. I hear you Rich.......
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Chris Peters has Miller as a "Confident" WJC camp invitee with Emberson as a "Moderately Confident" and S Dhooghe as an "Educated Guess"

Comment

Sean Dhooghe, Ty Emberson and K'Andre Miller all invited to USWJ camp as expected.

Miller is definitely going to be on the team, and personally I think it would really be a big mistake to not take Emberson on the final team. Almost the same could be said for Dhooghe who has picked up his game considerably over last year.

If Emberson makes it though, the Badgers are going to be really stretched thin-thin-thin in big NC games vs. Denver after the break. Peltonen has decidedly not impressed in his limited chances so far, which isn't to say he can't play, but rather that he needs a good deal of work.

Still, rather have them all on Team USA for this so hoping they all make the final cut.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Kind of interesting to note that if Sean Dhooghe does make it onto the final roster it may be due in part to space opened up by virtue of Badger recruit Alex Turcotte having played only 3 games so far this year at NTDP, (Due to some sort of injury issue which I can find no further information about anywhere) as one would think had he continued to develop at the same pace, Alex would have been very likely to make the roster as another under-ager.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Still, rather have them all on Team USA for this so hoping they all make the final cut.
                I'd rather not see UW screwed over that weekend personnel-wise, but I've always been a States rights guy over national interests.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Everyone see the new 3rd jerseys yet? I'm glad there's no black in them, but I'm not sure they are hot enough to compel me to spend some coin on one.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Everyone see the new 3rd jerseys yet? I'm glad there's no black in them, but I'm not sure they are hot enough to compel me to spend some coin on one.
                    They look alright, but still not my favorites. Won't be going out of my way to pick one up either.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Hate the stripes. I like the simple look otherwise.

Given they are white, they will probably be the "home" jerseys for United Center versus the golden domers.
                        Last edited by WiscTJK; 12-06-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I think it looks pretty terrible.

It's not even like the Burger King jersey or Gorton's Fisherman jerseys, which were at least wacky/distinctive, and you can see what someone's going for. This looks like someone said, "make a dumb Badgers jersey, but make sure any weird stuff is weird in an uninteresting way."

The stripes are like someone was absent-mindedly messing around in the graphics program, and the "Wisconsin" and number are as bland as possible. To my eyes, even doing the college arch font (i.e. exactly what Cornell does) looks way better, even if it's a similar idea.

The other alternates they've used have been way better in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            Hate the stripes. I like the simple look otherwise.

Given they are white, they will probably be the "home" jerseys for United Center versus the golden domers.
                            Or the Jan 12 game against the U18 team.

I remember seeing special jerseys for that exhibition in previous years.

Comment

Ugly is the new beautiful judging by a good number of the FB uni's around the country I've seen Nike come up with the last year or two. AZ's were particulary horrendous vs. AZ State this year.

I don't like the front number but overall they are alright and in keeping with the modern ugly trend.

Every time they do this third Jersey deal what I really hope for is a return of the Cooperalls some (but not all) Badgers wore for a few years in the early '80's. As a one off, that could be awesome.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Those vertical stripes are horrid. I have a feeling a goopher fan was the designer just so they could compare that jersey to a box of theatre popcorn.

By the way, the Wisconsin Hockey Backers are considering a bus trip to U.C. in Chicago for the Sunday 6:30 game against Neutered Dame. I went last year and had a blast, but I believe in was a 1:00 or 2:00 game. 6:30 on a Sunday might be a tough one to fill.
                                Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-06-2018, 08:58 PM.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X