Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

What happened to Mersch?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      What happened to Mersch?
      He got a DQ (5 min major) for a charge/hit from behind on the pussie Sheehy who turned at the last second. IMO it was bullschitt. He sure goes down easy when somebody brushes him.

Tonight's game was similar to last night's except for that 1min 14 sec.
      Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-10-2018, 09:34 PM.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        He got a DQ (5 min major) for a charge/hit from behind on the pussie Sheehy who turned at the last second. IMO it was bullschitt. He sure goes down easy when somebody brushes him.

Tonight's game was similar to last night's except for that 1min 14 sec.
        Thanks! I only caught the last 10 minutes on radio.

Now I just heard S. Dhoogie was injured? ****.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Thanks! I only caught the last 10 minutes on radio.

Now I just heard S. Dhoogie was injured? ****.
          Shoulder, but he came back out. Maybe they gave him a 6-pack of oxy, but he played.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Shoulder, but he came back out. Maybe they gave him a 6-pack of oxy, but he played.
            Ok, thanks!

Comment

What happened to Mersch?
              https://youtu.be/ILq4OBDWAag

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                https://youtu.be/ILq4OBDWAag
                Wow. That should be 2 mins. What a weak call.

Comment

Agreed. Oh well.

Lebby was awesome tonight. Good game overall. Man, the PK... I tell you what, that garbage isn’t a box. It’s an awkward triangle and a straggler pursuing the guy with the puck. The PP, for the love of god, stop doing the drop pass in the neutral zone!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Good series, guys. I'll take a split on the road against a rival.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      He got 5 min for the hit the DQ for second hit after the whistle that is not on the video.

Comment

Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
                        He got 5 min for the hit the DQ for second hit after the whistle that is not on the video.
                        No.

First - Mersch didn't get a DQ, which is this game plus one, he received a game misconduct, which is the remainder of this game only.

Second - Hitting from behind into the boards when deemed a flagrant violation is an automatic 5 minutes plus a game misconduct. Which is what was called.

Third, Mersch didn't hit Sheehy after the whistle, he stood there and Sheehy gave him a shove, the ref jumped in and that was it.

Mersch had just crushed Sheehy head on in the same spot about 10 seconds before this hit which wasn't a penalty. I don't like Sheehy turning his back when he sees Mersch coming again because that is creating a dangerous situation and players should NOT be doing that to draw a penalty. But the NCAA has decided that is a less important factor on the whole and the entire burden is going to lie with the player delivering the hit. Not always fair but that's what it is. I don't like the 5, but it's pretty clear they are going to call these plays 5 and game way more often than not in an over abundance of caution, because it can be such a dangerous situation. Not a whole lot Mersch could do once committed, he thought he had the shoulder, but when Sheehy turns so late, that's the way it's going to go.

I should add, that what will be frustrating next week will be the same play against us being called a minor. That's what drives everyone crazy.
                        Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-11-2018, 10:27 AM.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Do you guys think that Ranta understood the “safety school” chant? I mean he barely speaks English...

Comment

This is awesome!

https://t.co/ccmjzEHTPJ?amp=1

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                              Do you guys think that Ranta understood the “safety school” chant? I mean he barely speaks English...
                              Not a chance. At least he didn't look all that great, though going there may be holding him back.

It was a great win last night. Of course after Ess scored I had a feeling of impending doom just because the last few years they've managed to wet themselves in tight games like that. What a relief to have the impending doom not happen. If they can get through the Lunis injury period playing .500 hockey I'd be cool with that.

I still hate the PK scheme and the pp should be pass pass shoot, to quote Howie.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                                Do you guys think that Ranta understood the “safety school” chant? I mean he barely speaks English...
                                Nope, and the rest or the goofs were scratching their heads as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X