Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Inamoto and Tischke need to sit a game. Those two were consistently burned all weekend. Kalynuk needs to realize that hockey is a team sport and that if he passes the puck he just might get it back. I’m pretty sure Gorniak was benched for a little bit after his moronic slashing penalty on the power play. Hope Weissbach is back next weekend to bump Gorniak down a peg in the lineup.

Lastly, Lebedeff deserves the net until further notice. He was outstanding. His three goals against were a horrible turnover by Ess giving UND a shot in close, a breakaway where Inamoto got burned, and a 5-on-3 snipe.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      I think Inamoto and Tischke need to sit a game. Those two were consistently burned all weekend. Kalynuk needs to realize that hockey is a team sport and that if he passes the puck he just might get it back. I’m pretty sure Gorniak was benched for a little bit after his moronic slashing penalty on the power play. Hope Weissbach is back next weekend to bump Gorniak down a peg in the lineup.

Lastly, Lebedeff deserves the net until further notice. He was outstanding. His three goals against were a horrible turnover by Ess giving UND a shot in close, a breakaway where Inamoto got burned, and a 5-on-3 snipe.
      Agreed on all points, especially Lebedeff.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

On the bight side, the rodents possibly suck worse than we do right now. Their coach threw the team under the bus. A sweep of the rodents will be the perfect salve for our ailment.

The Finish Hammer needs to stay in goal.

I hope Linus is back this week.

We get to watch the games on tv this weekend, that will be fun.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          On the bight side, the rodents possibly suck worse than we do right now. Their coach threw the team under the bus. A sweep of the rodents will be the perfect salve for our ailment.

The Finish Hammer needs to stay in goal.

I hope Linus is back this week.

We get to watch the games on tv this weekend, that will be fun.
          Pairwise we are 36 or near the bottom third of all college hockey. Minnesota isn't much better at 23.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            Pairwise we are 36 or near the bottom third of all college hockey. Minnesota isn't much better at 23.
            When was the last time you saw these PW rankings among the so-called "elite?"

UND: 14
            UMinn 23
            UMich 27
            UW 36
            BU 42
            BC 53

Sure, it's too early for PW to make real sense, but still.

Comment

No Linus this weekend, maybe longer.....The big Fin getting the start Friday.

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Here we go. The bullschitt's behind us. League play begins against "those" guys. Both teams not where they want to be right now.

2 home games, how about 2 great games and a sweep?
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Alright, stocked up on thinner, stocked up on hatred of all things rodentsota and ready to watch Mersch hip check Ranta over the glass and Granato crush Motzko during post-game hand shakes.

Dirty lousy cheating rodents!
                  https://youtu.be/LTxOuNZop2w

https://youtu.be/Vk08xTKFcbo

https://youtu.be/cdlpafQFRJE

And the best!

https://youtu.be/kmHQO-Q_wrU

https://youtu.be/iR0sWU1HzTE

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

“Hey Herbie, it’s your turn to buy!”

Remember when the Strobels had Bonin (or was it Rasmussen?) and Crowley down on the ice wailing on them at the coliseum??

Yeah, some of that please. Bucky is ****ed off.

Comment

This will be the 287th meeting between the Mighty Badgers and the lowly goofs. With both teams getting swept last weekend, I wondered how many times, if ever, they have opened a regular season series in that state of affairs.

The answer is, as far as I can tell, only twice.

The last time was at Minnesota in February 1978 with the goofs having been swept by CC and the Badgers swept by the Pio's the previous weekend. Badger Bob's Boys lost in OT 2-3 Friday but came back Saturday night against Herbie's hoser's, 3-1, for the split.

Last time they met in Madison under these conditions was in March 1973 for the regular season finale. Like now, the Badgers dropped 2 at Sue's place and the goofs were swept by an in-state little sister (UMD) coming in. The Badger's 4-3 loss Friday turned out to be their last L of the year. They came back Saturday and blanked the goofs 3-0 before sweeping them the next weekend, beating Notre Dame for the WCHA title, and taking down Cornell, then Denver, for the NCAA title. A pretty good year.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

The Blackhawks just canned Quenneville, Dineen, and Samuelsson. The Ice Hogs coach, Jeremy Colliton is the head coach and Barry Smith is an assistant. No mention of Don Granato in any publication that I could find. There was one statement that the rest of the staff will remain.

So.....if Don left us to become the heir apparent with the Blackhawks; INSERT LOUD BUZZER HERE.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          The Blackhawks just canned Quenneville, Dineen, and Samuelsson. The Ice Hogs coach, Jeremy Colliton is the head coach and Barry Smith is an assistant. No mention of Don Granato in any publication that I could find. There was one statement that the rest of the staff will remain.

So.....if Don left us to become the heir apparent with the Blackhawks; INSERT LOUD BUZZER HERE.
                          Wonder if Quenneville will find his way to St. Louis. Yeo is probably next to go. Cool news if Don Granato is named the head coach during the offseason. I still hate the blackhawks though.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                            Wonder if Quenneville will find his way to St. Louis. Yeo is probably next to go. Cool news if Don Granato is named the head coach during the off-season. I still hate the blackhawks though.
                            Quenneville did his time in St. Louis for 7 or 8 years. They won't hire him back. If Yeo gets fired, he'd be a 2-time loser and probably won't be a HC again.

IMO, if Chicago wanted Don as the HC, they would have appointed him NOW; why would they wait until the off-season since he's already on the staff?

Comment

I wish he would have stayed with the Badgers.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                I wish he would have stayed with the Badgers.
                                That's probably agreed on by 100% of the UW posters.

Lebby has a .922 save % and Jack an .860. I think we have our answer.

Interestingly the coach for Team USA U18 5 Nations cup is a guy from Neenah, John Wroblewski.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X