Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Nice to get a win. Now win on a Friday and get a winning streak going.

Mersch hit and 5 minute was ridiculous. Two minutes maybe as Sheehy turns at the last second to take the hit and then folds like a rented tent.

Hit before that was fabulous though and Sheehy folded there as well hoping for a call that didn't come.

We've been missing guys like Mersch IMO. And my hardhat guy Zirbel didn't disappoint. He needs to be in the lineup every week.
    Last edited by WiscTJK; 11-12-2018, 07:34 AM.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Agree on Zirbel's performance. Thought he played one of his best games as a Badger on Saturday. Created some solid chances for himself, too. Good stuff from him.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

No longer in the top 20 and that is fine. They need to start earning a ranking.....

Pairwise early in the year is at 24 right now.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Stats thru 10 games:

GPG 3.4 16th
          GAA 3.4 35th
          PP% 21% 25th
          PK% 72% 54th (ouch)
          Pen Minutes 16 9th

Lots of penalty minutes and horrid penalty kill. Not a good combination.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            Stats thru 10 games:

GPG 3.4 16th
            GAA 3.4 35th
            PP% 21% 25th
            PK% 72% 54th (ouch)
            Pen Minutes 16 9th

Lots of penalty minutes and horrid penalty kill. Not a good combination.
            Nice job, thanks.
            Let's get the PIM down to 10, PK up to 85%, GAA down to 2.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Nice job, thanks.
              Let's get the PIM down to 10, PK up to 85%, GAA down to 2.
              Let's get the PP up to 85% and the GPG up to 10!

The PP is probably worse then even the 20.9% when you consider they were 6-12 vs the Skating Larry's plus the second Tech game. On the other hand the PK is really probably better as they gave up 5-8 vs. the Techies in one game... Although you do get count the good with the bad for both.

It hurts with Linus out, but I'd bet the PP is getting a workout this week. I don't think it's scheme, it's all in the execution. Boys are very tentative in the entry, carry no speed into the zone, and Walt has to put more pressure on the D before giving the puck up. The same when they do get it set up, boys aren't working harder the the killers and aren't confident. Just have to play faster, be sure of where every body is going all the time and it will be better. Too many good players there for it not to come around.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Let's get the PP up to 85% and the GPG up to 10!

The PP is probably worse then even the 20.9% when you consider they were 6-12 vs the Skating Larry's plus the second Tech game. On the other hand the PK is really probably better as they gave up 5-8 vs. the Techies in one game... Although you do get count the good with the bad for both.

It hurts with Linus out, but I'd bet the PP is getting a workout this week. I don't think it's scheme, it's all in the execution. Boys are very tentative in the entry, carry no speed into the zone, and Walt has to put more pressure on the D before giving the puck up. The same when they do get it set up, boys aren't working harder the the killers and aren't confident. Just have to play faster, be sure of where every body is going all the time and it will be better. Too many good players there for it not to come around.
                I know it's much easier said than done, but pass, pass, pass, move the puck. Get the box moving. Get the sieve moving. Tighten the noose or blast from out high. Shoot the ****ing puck. Eaves never had his boys shoot from the points and I still don't see it much. I watch the NHL...a lot. Those D men are constantly blasting just inside the blue line. Deflections, tips, pucks off noggins, are going in all the time.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  I know it's much easier said than done, but pass, pass, pass, move the puck. Get the box moving. Get the sieve moving. Tighten the noose or blast from out high. Shoot the ****ing puck. Eaves never had his boys shoot from the points and I still don't see it much. I watch the NHL...a lot. Those D men are constantly blasting just inside the blue line. Deflections, tips, pucks off noggins, are going in all the time.
                  To be fair, when Mike had the horses up top he'd let them sling it, but he just didn't get the studs in the fold his last years. But yeah, I think they want to do that, they just aren't doing it. Walt and Special K are there to fire away and let the boys fight for it down low. They've had some trouble the last couple weeks because the Suzies and the goofs were really pressuring up top, and that hasn't been handled very well. Puck movement has been very poor. It's not going to get easier this week because OSU has a lot of vets that skate, play hard and pressure.

Walt and K'Andre should each have a half dozen on the PP before the break if things are going right. I don't doubt they are working hard at it.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Todd Milewski indicates Holloway Lindmark, Turcotte and Caufield will be 4 of the 5 NLI's signed. If those 4 make it to campus next year it will be the moment the coaching staff has been waiting for since they were hired.

Comment

Yeah, but we can’t have nice things so we will see at most 3 of those five in a red sweater.

[/bitterness]
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Yeah, but we can’t have nice things so we will see at most 3 of those five in a red sweater.

[/bitterness]
                        Yep, I mentioned it on the recruiting thread.

There was a time when you could trust a verbal commitment. Today, the reality is, you can't even trust an NLI until the kid is on the ice.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NCAAIceHockey/st...104024577?s=19

I'm impressed. Do I dare ask what the rate is in basketball and football?

Comment

Game Day!

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Game Day!

Don't eat it, badger! They're not good nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                Don't eat it, badger! They're not good nuts.
                                I read somewhere that you have to turn the heat up real high until they crack, then smash them up good!
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X