Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    By the way, the Wisconsin Hockey Backers are considering a bus trip to U.C. in Chicago for the Sunday 6:30 game against Neutered Dame. I went last year and had a blast, but I believe in was a 1:00 or 2:00 game. 6:30 on a Sunday might be a tough one to fill.
    Martin Luther King Jr. Day the next day, some of us will be off...
    Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Here’s hoping for a sweep over the safety school this weekend!

I mean c’mon, what’s MSU’s entrance requirements? 10 act score?🤣
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Still, rest assured boys, I'm staying outside the 10-mile cushion.
        Badger sweep and attendance trends upwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRv6PIgkDTM
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          Still, rest assured boys, I'm staying outside the 10-mile cushion.
          Badger sweep and attendance trends upwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRv6PIgkDTM
          Going to the game tonight so I expect a stinker. But I am have some optimism we may have turned the corner.

I want to watch Miracle right now.....
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Good first period. Awful second. Linus was missed. He looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

.500, woot

****, Weissbach is a hell of a player.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Listened to Posick and Perrin. Other than about 10 minutes of the second, it sounded like they played well. Posick's calls are great and I love Perrin's candor.

Apparently, Lebedeff's father was listening from Finland and got a shoutout from Posick, but he was struggling to pronounce his name...... Aleksanteri. 🤣

"Finnish" them off tomorrow.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

They picked it right back up in the third. Way to finish....

Comment

I don't know that putting the all Fr line against their top line worked, they did get 3 goals.

The faceoff deficit was only 5!
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I don't know that putting the all Fr line against their top line worked, they did get 3 goals.

The faceoff deficit was only 5!
                      So I got a really cool tour of the locker room after with a group from work by Brad Winchester. Talked to Strobel for a bit and he said they want to play much more physical against that line tonight. *******https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5e.jpg********

Faceoffs appeared much worse than minus five but it is what it is. MSU was kicked out repeatedly and I'm not sure why.

Comment

3rd jerseys are....ok. I kind of like the candy cane stripes but otherwise pretty underwhelming. It is better to go underwhelming than overwhelming to the point where it hurts the eyes (remember the late 90s when they had an alternate sweater that had bucky on a diagnol covering 2/3 of the jersey. It was awful.

Sadly, the hockey team used to be able to operate under their own umbrella with respect to sweater design and font styles. I believe that is no more, as font styling has been standardized across all Wisconsin sports. Wish they would bring back the outlined letters from the late 80's/90's as their alternate. Those by far I think are the most iconic. It's what they wore in the 06 NC year and all the way up until I believe 2008 or so.

Comment

Can the Wi Hockey Backers just please change course and call it the Blue Line Club again? And for goodness sakes, their lack of visibility is frustrating. If they are going to try and drive fan interest, participation and following (especially creating new fans) then they need to be MUCH more visible. They should be embedded into the fanbase and having functions every home weekend at a minimum. eeegad.

Comment

Question: years ago Shawn Hill left school after his Junior season and word was he boarded a Denver or CC player and maybe there was more to it but referees essentially told Sauer that Hill would be a marked man if he came back. Is this true? Does anyone here know the real story behind this? Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
                              Can the Wi Hockey Backers just please change course and call it the Blue Line Club again? And for goodness sakes, their lack of visibility is frustrating. If they are going to try and drive fan interest, participation and following (especially creating new fans) then they need to be MUCH more visible. They should be embedded into the fanbase and having functions every home weekend at a minimum. eeegad.
                              From what I understand, The Emperor (who of course only knows hockey exists because somebody told him) wants NOTHING to do with a hockey booster club, so that's it.

I would suggest you go to the Facebook page (it's a public group), like it, pin it, and follow it, and you'll get info as soon as they send it out. Also, follow them on Twitter @wishockeybackrs. I invite everybody I know that follows the Badgers.

I'm not an organizer, I just try to get to the luncheons, viewing parties, and the bustrips. I'm sure those boys have worked their butts off since organizing 2 years ago.
                              Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-08-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Question: years ago Shawn Hill left school after his Junior season and word was he boarded a Denver or CC player and maybe there was more to it but referees essentially told Sauer that Hill would be a marked man if he came back. Is this true? Does anyone here know the real story behind this? Just curious.
                                OOOOO, good question. I never heard that, but I remember he was one tough, mean sonuva*****.

Are we sure Sean D isnt a sophomore in high school rather than UW?
                                Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-08-2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X