Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by Innova View Post

Hrmmmm....Goalie coach for the boys?
    Interesting.....She played against boys for a long time, she said she had to slow down to adjust to playing against women, so I know that not all of her goods would be able to translate, but a lot probably wood. Are you limited on numbers of volunteer coaches?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Interesting.....She played against boys for a long time, she said she had to slow down to adjust to playing against women, so I know that not all of her goods would be able to translate, but a lot probably wood. Are you limited on numbers of volunteer coaches?

I think she may be a student this year, and there's really no limit on student assistants AFAIK.

The men's game is about 9x faster than the women's game, so the actual execution in goal is going to be a lot different, but you obviously don't need to be able to do something yourself to teach it, you just need to understand it really well. So I would think it actually could work. The biggest thing she could really bring though is helping with the mental aspect of playing consistently at peak performance shot after shot, shift after shift, night after night -- that's the real thing in goal.

Virtually every single goalie that is brought in to play D-1 has had spectacular performances at times in their previous careers or they wouldn't have been called up. What percentage of your time in goal over the long haul can you be spectacular though? That is the question hanging over all of them. 50, 60, or 70% isn't going to cut it. 95+ is what's needed.

Speaking of goalies, Jack Berry named B1G 3rd star of the week. Congrats on a Berry good performance Jack!
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        https://www.uscho.com/2018/10/15/wis...te-stays-no-1/

#15 in the polls, #1 in our hearts.
        The next question to be answered is how do the boys handle some success? Because last year's team answered that question with a firm, "not very well!"

It's one thing to be getting no respect, that's a great motivator and it allows you to sneak up and ambush a few unsuspecting people. But it's another thing to get the respect and suddenly have those roles reversed. When you become the fastest draw in the west, every two-bit gunslinger North of the Pecos comes after you trying to make a name for themselves. You gotta have a plan for that, too.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Anyone find it interesting that one of the players said the guys are a lot closer this year as compared to last year? I believe it was Linus Weissbach.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
            Anyone find it interesting that one of the players said the guys are a lot closer this year as compared to last year? I believe it was Linus Weissbach.
            Yes! I think maybe two guys said that post-game.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I heard that as well. Team chemistry is the biggest wildcard in any sport, let's hope the coaches and players develop that bond help drive teams to success.

Comment

I hope the team chemistry is good. That will help this year. I am excited for the freshman glue guys that I think we got this year.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I think we all speculated as to what could be wrong in the locker room last year as the season wore on. Jurusic, who was well liked, being shown the gate. Greenway, whatever his problem was it really couldn't have been good, and it was certainly disruptive. Maybe it was other unrelated stuff, but the results in main were one of the most schizophrenic teams I've ever watched play night to night. And how could it be that the team that schlepped it's way to a 6-3 loss ending the Skating Larry's 17-game losing streak, was the same team that completely destroyed Notre Dame in a 5-0 whomp-down that ended ND's 16-game unbeaten streak?

Tony touches on last year in a few quotes in this article: Wisconsin named College Hockey News - "Team of the week".
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

So, both of the Badger games are on ESPN+ this weekend, which is my first reason to consider the service this year (even though they have NHL coverage every night.)

I just hate that I have to keep adding streaming services to be able to watch all of the teams that I want to watch. (More of a problem for me being out of state.)
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

So, both of the Badger games are on ESPN+ this weekend, which is my first reason to consider the service this year (even though they have NHL coverage every night.)

I just hate that I have to keep adding streaming services to be able to watch all of the teams that I want to watch. (More of a problem for me being out of state.)
                      $5 per month for ESPN+, $10 per month for BTN+ to watch literally a few hockey games. I pay extra to get the tier that has ESPN & BTN (and their apps for additional programming) and still have to dish out more? Who do they think they are, the UW Athletic Dept?
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I went to check out ESPN+. Looks like there is a 7 day free trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

Tony touches on last year in a few quotes in this article: Wisconsin named College Hockey News - "Team of the week".
                          Thanks for the link, reading that there were underlying issues helps with the closure for last year, though part of me what like to have a beer with Hayton just to understand his situation specifically, I'm sure we all feel bad about the way it didn't go. The coaches understand what happened and have made adjustments to it.

Comment

I went to check out ESPN+. Looks like there is a 7 day free trial.
                            I'm sure you give them the CC# for the trial, then you pay in perpetuity because the unsubscribe is buried somewhere. Everyone who lives in WI should be coming to the women's Princeton game primetime Friday night anyway, so you won't be able to watch the men's game. I may pony up for the Saturday game, we shall see.

Comment

ESPN+ is sweet as. However, whether it's worth it will vary person by person. I would never pay for the NHL package (or NCAA-conference-specific packages), because I'm not going to get close to my money's worth - as much as I love hockey, I can't just sit around watching multiple games a night (especially with the playing, coaching, and watching college hockey during the season). ESPN+ has a game of the night. Nice. (MLB has the same situation.) I wish I could watch DC United from afar, and they've got pretty much all the MLS games (minus the weekly national games). Nice. Rugby union? I like it, but not enough to go and buy streaming services. But all of the Pro14...and the SANZAAR/Super Rugby stuff? That South Africa - New Zealand game alone was worth the 5 bucks. (Look like they'll have the sevens too?) All the 30 for 30 collections? Cool.

I did the trial and realized yes, it's totally worth it for me. THEN they throw in the ECAC as a nice surprise. For some people, it'll be all the games they DON'T want, but I've been very satisfied with it.

Don't have cable, so I don't get BTN, the main ESPN channels, etc at home, but I also go to lots of Badgers games and made the cord-cutting decision a while ago. And I pay less per month for ESPN+ than I do for the bonus Puck Soup podcast content, so......yeah I think it's really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                ESPN+ is sweet as. However, whether it's worth it will vary person by person. I would never pay for the NHL package (or NCAA-conference-specific packages), because I'm not going to get close to my money's worth - as much as I love hockey, I can't just sit around watching multiple games a night (especially with the playing, coaching, and watching college hockey during the season). ESPN+ has a game of the night. Nice. (MLB has the same situation.) I wish I could watch DC United from afar, and they've got pretty much all the MLS games (minus the weekly national games). Nice. Rugby union? I like it, but not enough to go and buy streaming services. But all of the Pro14...and the SANZAAR/Super Rugby stuff? That South Africa - New Zealand game alone was worth the 5 bucks. (Look like they'll have the sevens too?) All the 30 for 30 collections? Cool.

I did the trial and realized yes, it's totally worth it for me. THEN they throw in the ECAC as a nice surprise. For some people, it'll be all the games they DON'T want, but I've been very satisfied with it.

Don't have cable, so I don't get BTN, the main ESPN channels, etc at home, but I also go to lots of Badgers games and made the cord-cutting decision a while ago. And I pay less per month for ESPN+ than I do for the bonus Puck Soup podcast content, so......yeah I think it's really cool.
                                Does ESPN+ get you college lacrosse that are normally on ESPNU? Also what is the cost of ESPN+?
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X