Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

I listened to the first but that was it. Sounds like it was another Friday disaster.

They won't be making the NCAA tournament if they don't start winning consistently.

Year three should be showing improvement.

Paging Don Granato......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

I wouldn't say Wisconsin really played bad, OSU I thought finally played their first complete game of the season. Miller putting Dakota Joshua all the way into your bench was certainly an eye opener!
      I think the biggest mistake we capitalized on was when OSU was on the PP and Wisconsin committed too many men to try and freeze the puck along the boards leaving two of our guys wide open in the middle of the ice, one of who was Laczynski who received the puck and had a sniper shot to kill for if you'll pardon the pun.

Comment

• Wait, Ohio State has hockey fans?

Last night can be forgiven with a nice fat “W” this afternoon. C’mon boys!

Comment

Well on their way to getting swept...

Comment

There is one word to describe badger hockey right now: pathetic. 23 years of mostly mediocre bs hockey and i’m tired of it.

I’m tuning this off now. Many other more pleasant things to watch or listen to.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Badgers easily the better team 5x5 that period with more and much better chances. PP is sucks and just haven't solved the OSU goalies, Nappier is playing great.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Badgers easily the better team 5x5 that period with more and much better chances. PP is sucks and just haven't solved the OSU goalies, Nappier is playing great.
                0 for 10 on the PP at this point for the weekend. That isn't good.

Special teams are absolutely killing this team so far, and as soon as I type this... they give up another goal on the PK.
                Last edited by gwhinwi; 11-17-2018, 05:27 PM.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  0 for 10 on the PP at this point for the weekend. That isn't good.

Special teams are absolutely killing this team so far, and as soon as I type this... they give up another goal on the PK.
                  Badgers the worst team 5x5 by quite a bit that period, PP still sucks. Berry was very good there.

Yeah, I mean give some credit to OSU which is clearly a very good team this weekend, but special teams have been the death of us. Working hard and have drawn enough penalties, but are just awful every time on the PP. It's not scheme, it's terrible execution and just doing the same things wrong over and over again. I'm pretty sure in practice this stuff has been addressed over and over again, but guys are still making the same mistakes. It's not rocket science, we have 5 they have 4, move the puck to the open man.

Would be good to just buy a goal some how, some way, whatever else happens the rest of the way.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I haven’t gotten the impression Wisconsin is better than tOSU in any facet of either game. This team cannot kill penalties, cannot score on the PP and of course cannot stop making STUPID mental errors with penalty after penalty.

And I want to get this off my chest as well. When the 1 and dones leave after next season is the outlook really brighter than say this season?

Take a hard look at what’s happening and also take into account the last 23 going on 24 seasons. I’m ****ed. Wisconsin hockey must be treated like Alabama football and Duke basketball. WIN or get the hell out of the way.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      I haven’t gotten the impression Wisconsin is better than tOSU in any facet of either game. This team cannot kill penalties, cannot score on the PP and of course cannot stop making STUPID mental errors with penalty after penalty.

And I want to get this off my chest as well. When the 1 and dones leave after next season is the outlook really brighter than say this season?

Take a hard look at what’s happening and also take into account the last 23 going on 24 seasons. I’m ****ed. Wisconsin hockey must be treated like Alabama football and Duke basketball. WIN or get the hell out of the way.
                      Caufield won’t be one and done. Holloway, where’s he gonna go? Straight to the NHL right after being drafted? I don’t think so. Turcotte, I’m worried about him.

Miller was awful on the power play tonight. I was hardly watching but what I did catch he was bobbling and losing the zone, not in position, etc. And... oh my god, the all lefty top of the power play unit is garbage.

Idk if Berry did well or not but man I hope Lebedeff can play soon (healthy).

Comment

• Currently we dont have any one & dones, or 2 or 3 & dones. If somebody thinks we do, tell me who and why, but you're still wrong. Next year? Who knows? But suddenly this year I dont trust anybody or any situation.

As stated by solo, just get here and just ****ing win. Enough of this stupid, ***** hockey.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          Currently we dont have any one & dones, or 2 or 3 & dones. If somebody thinks we do, tell me who and why, but you're still wrong. Next year? Who knows? But suddenly this year I dont trust anybody or any situation.

As stated by solo, just get here and just ****ing win. Enough of this stupid, ***** hockey.
                          Maybe I've had too much thinner in the Eastern Time Zone already, but I have no idea what five letter swear word you used there.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

$hity Could be ya never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                              Caufield won’t be one and done. Holloway, where’s he gonna go? Straight to the NHL right after being drafted? I don’t think so. Turcotte, I’m worried about him.

Miller was awful on the power play tonight. I was hardly watching but what I did catch he was bobbling and losing the zone, not in position, etc. And... oh my god, the all lefty top of the power play unit is garbage.

Idk if Berry did well or not but man I hope Lebedeff can play soon (healthy).
                              If Caulfield and Turcotte are top 10 picks I feel like they’re flight risks after one season. Turris was a one and done and I think at this juncture Caulfield/Turcotte are regarded as better prospects at the same stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                If Caulfield and Turcotte are top 10 picks I feel like they’re flight risks after one season. Turris was a one and done and I think at this juncture Caulfield/Turcotte are regarded as better prospects at the same stage.
                                Caufield won’t be a top 10 pick. I’d bet money on it. Turcotte is up in the air as he hasn’t really been healthy yet this year (played 4 games).

Comment

Working...
                                X