Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

So they didn't lose on Friday, that is a step in the right direction. When they win tonight it will have been a great weekend.

The big ? is will the Finnish Hammer be able to go. I think if he's healthy, he needs to play.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      So they didn't lose on Friday, that is a step in the right direction. When they win tonight it will have been a great weekend.

The big ? is will the Finnish Hammer be able to go. I think if he's healthy, he needs to play.
      If he was healthy, he SHOULD have started last night. He's been the undisputed #1. Sure Berry played well but you know what they say about hindsight.

NOW, my confidence in the football team keeping the Axe just went from 99% to 49% with Horni starting.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        If he was healthy, he SHOULD have started last night. He's been the undisputed #1. Sure Berry played well but you know what they say about hindsight.

NOW, my confidence in the football team keeping the Axe just went from 99% to 49% with Horni starting.
        *cringes*

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

I wish UW hockey still had enough fans for a bunch of psychos to lose their minds in a blind rage when they lose a game. It's annoying, but it's (weirdly) a symptom of a strong fan base. (And no, even the most frustrated, angry comments I've seen on this site aren't what I'm talking about.)

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            I wish UW hockey still had enough fans for a bunch of psychos to lose their minds in a blind rage when they lose a game. It's annoying, but it's (weirdly) a symptom of a strong fan base. (And no, even the most frustrated, angry comments I've seen on this site aren't what I'm talking about.)
            Agreed!

Btw, I am ****ed. I mean, forget for a moment year 3 should be an NCAA year (I don’t care what excuses anyone offers), WHY in the GD flying **** does this team take so many STUPID penalties??? That’s on coaches. Kid can’t stop making mental errors? then bench them until lesson learned.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
              Yeah, I don't know if that's on the fan base as much as it has to do with expectations for this year in FB. Started in the top 5, O line on the cover of SI, Heisman trophy guy in the backfield. UW FB has much better and more experienced personnel than MN does right now. On paper it shouldn't have been competitive so people lose their minds.

With Hockey, UW was picked 6th in the B1G, doesn't have more experienced and better personnel than at least four other teams in the conference including MI, so people losing their minds should probably not happen in the same way.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Ok so that's a TIE.

Whether we win or lose the extra point it's still a TIE.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Ok, i’m Not into the semantics of these being technical ties and you get an extra point if you score in OT or shootout but it’s still a tie? If you get an extra point you just won imo. I cannot abide these rules. Win, loss or tie. This tie garbage but someone is awarded an extra point is Mickey Mouse bs.

This was a split in my curmudgeon view. Exactly what Wisconsin needs on the road but Jesus are these players in need of an *** kicking with how many penalties they take.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Also, thank god for thinner. I expected 10 wins by this point. Guess there’s Always Lewis Hamilton destroying it in F1 for fun sports entertainment!

Comment

Badgers lack of offensive skill is glaring in this 3 on 3 overtime. Michigan is literally skating circles around the Badgers. They dont have the offensive skill to make a lot of plays.

There was a 3 on 1 tonight where the dude with the puck didnt even pretend to try to make a play or pass it to a guy in the slot or backdoor. He just kept his head down and shot it from a bad angle below the hash marks. No play making ability. Looks like we have a bunch of 3rd and 4th line forwards on the team (who will stay for 4 years). Except Weissbach. Might help explain the PP being horrible.

I'm not ripping on the effort they gave tonight. They played hard and had tons of chances based on that effort. It was just glaring to me how much more naturally talented the Michigan forwards are.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                        Badgers lack of offensive skill is glaring in this 3 on 3 overtime. Michigan is literally skating circles around the Badgers. They dont have the offensive skill to make a lot of plays.

There was a 3 on 1 tonight where the dude with the puck didnt even pretend to try to make a play or pass it to a guy in the slot or backdoor. He just kept his head down and shot it from a bad angle below the hash marks. No play making ability. Looks like we have a bunch of 3rd and 4th line forwards on the team (who will stay for 4 years). Except Weissbach. Might help explain the PP being horrible.

I'm not ripping on the effort they gave tonight. They played hard and had tons of chances based on that effort. It was just glaring to me how much more naturally talented the Michigan forwards are.
                        Truth.

Comment

• Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Ok so that's a TIE.

Whether we win or lose the extra point it's still a TIE.
                          Oh stop already. I'm sure your happy with the tie in a game we dominated.

Bad teams don't win close games. And we didn't win.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by WiscTJK; 11-24-2018, 10:33 PM.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Also, thank god for thinner. I expected 10 wins by this point. Guess there’s Always Lewis Hamilton destroying it in F1 for fun sports entertainment!
                            This team in November has scored 11 goals in 8 games.
                            oooooof.

Lewis.😒. **** good driver, but I'd like to see what he can do in a Force India car!
                            BTW, I've been a Kimi Raikkonen guy since 2003. Actually met him in Indianapolis and got his autograph!
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

oooooof.

Lewis.😒. **** good driver, but I'd like to see what he can do in a Force India car!
                              BTW, I've been a Kimi Raikkonen guy since 2003. Actually met him in Indianapolis and got his autograph!
                              😀, yes Lewis is pretty arrogant and to be honest I’m more of a Max fan myself. It’s hard to know whether Hamilton could have fared well on a more even field like the 80’s when Senna, Prost, Mansell, Piquet we’re vying for first.

Love Raikkonen’s honesty!!!!

Comment

oooooof.

Lewis.😒. **** good driver, but I'd like to see that he can do in a Force India car!
                                Wow, 11 goals in 8 games is absolutely unacceptable. Terrible, offense gets an F for November.

Comment

Working...
                                X