Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Woohoo, let's rock and roll! Put together a nice little win there with a shutout!

(Hopefully the Badgers don't keep saying so many naughty things that get them penalized.)

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      Woohoo, let's rock and roll! Put together a nice little win there with a shutout!

(Hopefully the Badgers don't keep saying so many naughty things that get them penalized.)
      That was a great win tonight. Really great play throughout.

So nice to see a weekend sweep.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        That was a great win tonight. Really great play throughout.

So nice to see a weekend sweep.
        Now THAT was a quality win, looked a lot like the UW women, really suffocating the opponent, at least thru 2 periods. Solid 3rd period, most importantly preserved the shut out for the Hammer. That one save late in the 3rd on the blast from the backside of the slot was awesome. Game changer for sure.

Linus is really good. It's amazing what one guy on 1 line and the pp can do for a team. I'm shocked he's a 7th rounder. Him with the 2 first rounders next year will be unstoppable. He will set up them up all day and night.

We're in first place????!!!!!
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Looks like a totally different team from a month ago. Its weird.

Either way that was %$#@^%" fun to watch! Power play looked amazing. Nice passing all around. I'd pay to go watch a team like that.

Comment

• Really nice to have Weissbach back and it was really noticeable how much his speed and creativity influence games.

6-2-0 with Weissbach in the lineup.
            Last edited by digitalbooya; 12-09-2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              From what I understand, The Emperor (who of course only knows hockey exists because somebody told him) wants NOTHING to do with a hockey booster club, so that's it.

I would suggest you go to the Facebook page (it's a public group), like it, pin it, and follow it, and you'll get info as soon as they send it out. Also, follow them on Twitter @wishockeybackrs. I invite everybody I know that follows the Badgers.

I'm not an organizer, I just try to get to the luncheons, viewing parties, and the bustrips. I'm sure those boys have worked their butts off since organizing 2 years ago.
              I was not trying to come down on the WHBs, so I apologize if it was coming across like that. I do understand that the Emperor is the biggest obstacle, and that the booster club idea for the hockey program is a DOA idea, hence why any donation I make to UW is directly to the men's hockey program. I also did no know that they just recently started up the WHBs, so I applaud their ability to at least get something started. Being an out of town person (multiple states away), I can only do so much from afar, including planning one weekend a year to go to a home series and go to as many away series as I can, including an annual donation to the hockey program.

My hope for the future would be for the WHBs to start planning get together's for every home series. At least for Saturday games. Really start driving fan recruiting and involvement. Get people excited about the program and involve people. Beer and brats for $5 or $10 a person at a stated place of gathering goes a heck of a long way to getting people involved Just one humble fan's opinion from afar.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                Really nice to have Weissbach back and it was really noticeable how much his speed and creativity influence games.

6-2-0 with Weissbach in the lineup.
                He certainly does make a noticeable difference, especially in terms of opening up ice and creating opportunities. Between him and Gorniak's speed, if they stay healthy, it will be pretty exciting the rest of the way. I was impressed with the shutdown D against MSU. Yes, the Finnish Hammer had a couple of big saves, but the way the D simply shut off the shot spigot for MSU was darn impressive. Excellent poke checks and back checking to constantly make them fight just to get a shot off. That coupled with the harassing fore check that created opportunities was great to see all weekend.

Concern moving forward is PK% and face-off win %. FOW% Wisconsin ranks dead last in the NCAA now. The best teams know how to quickly convert those into SOG, and once those pile up, it increases the pressure on Goalies...and sooner or later the shots turn into goals. Make no mistake, series against Denver, Notre Dame (2), Penn St., Ohio St. will decide the season and ability to climb the PW (sitting at 19 now).

Comment

Maybe Don Granato wiil end up back here and coach power plays and face-offs. The Blackhawks are really stinking up the place and he's the lone survivor of Q getting whacked. Watching tonight, he looks like he's aged 15 years since 2 years ago. He's not long in Chicago.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    We're in first place????!!!!!
                    The team is absolutely playing well right now, but let's tap the breaks just a little bit.

Yes, we are at 16 points in the B1G. But we have also played 10 conference games.

OSU is also at 16 points, but has only played 8 conference games.
                    ND is at 15 points, with only 8 games played.

We are solidly ahead of Michigan, they have 12 points with 10 games played.

We are within reach of Minnesota (12 points) and PSU (11 points) who have also only played 8 games.

Even after our sweep of MSU, they are at 8 points with 8 games played.

I think it is crazy that all of the teams are this close to each other. With 6 points up for grab every conference series, there is a lot of room for movement.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Stat's after Penn State:

PWR 24th of 60 improvement of 13 spots!
                      GPG 3.06 improved 11 spots to 25th
                      GAA 3.00 moved down 4 spots to tie for 34th
                      PP% 17.65 33rd improved 2 spots
                      PK% 74.32% 55th down 2 spots
                      Pen Minutes 14.19 improved four spots and at 12th worst
                      Stats after sweep of MSU:

PWR 19th of 60 improvement of 5 spots!
                      GPG 3.17 improved 7 spots to 18th
                      GAA 2.83 moved up 1 spot to 33rd
                      PP% 18.67 30th improved 3 spots
                      PK% 75.95% 53rd up 2 spots
                      Pen Minutes 13.5 improved three more spots and at 15th worst
                      Faceoff % 41.3% 60th (figured we should start tracking this)
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Stats after sweep of MSU:

PWR 19th of 60 improvement of 5 spots!
                        GPG 3.17 improved 7 spots to 18th
                        GAA 2.83 moved up 1 spot to 33rd
                        PP% 18.67 30th improved 3 spots
                        PK% 75.95% 53rd up 2 spots
                        Pen Minutes 13.5 improved three more spots and at 15th worst
                        Faceoff % 41.3% 60th (figured we should start tracking this)
                        Man, that PK is still really bad. Mostly because it was just so awful to begin with. That's going to take a very long time to correct.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                          Man, that PK is still really bad. Mostly because it was just so awful to begin with. That's going to take a very long time to correct.
                          Special teams are glaringly disturbing. We're starting to get elite players again, so I'm putting this on whoever coaches the special teams. Those players don't come here and suddenly forget how to play.

(Again, the Avalanche PP is still on a 32% clip....STUDY THEM!)
                          Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-10-2018, 10:00 AM.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Literally a full month / 4 weeks between games. That seems crazy. Why can't we get something scheduled after finals but before Jan 4.

All momentum will be lost by then and Denver will come in off two N/C games the weekend before.

I don't understand why we can't get a team in the Kohl Center over that time period.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Literally a full month / 4 weeks between games. That seems crazy. Why can't we get something scheduled after finals but before Jan 4.

All momentum will be lost by then and Denver will come in off two N/C games the weekend before.

I don't understand why we can't get a team in the Kohl Center over that time period.
                              That's why we used to have that Badger Showdown at the Bradley Center and then the Kohl Center. Man, the good old days...

Comment

How could we ever draw a crowd when everyone in Wisconsin will be focusing on the football team playing their "big" bowl game in Yankee Stadium? 🙄

Comment

Working...
                                X