Thread: Wednesday Women is back

Wednesday Women is back

Hey gang, our first Wednesday Women of the season was published today. Hope you all got a chance to read it:

https://www.uscho.com/2018/10/10/wed...rly-surprises/
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Re: Wednesday Women is back

Glad to see this weekly column is back. It is always well done. Seems a lot of people have eyes on Maine this year. Maine will be expected to earn two wins vs Sacred Heart this weekend, and if they get those wins I think a lot of people will be paying attention to Maine vs Northeastern next weekend.

Re: post Olympic growth discussion, positives Iíve noticed is The Ice Garden starting to cover college more. There appears to be a fan base that was NWHL focused that is now following college too. As far as the Whitecaps, itís interesting how a team thatís been around 14 years, gets that pro/ semi-pro label and all of a sudden they can sell out a rink, and Iím sure some of that is post Olympic bump. I hope they can sustain the interest; It looked like a fantastic atmosphere.

With the 4 Nations coming up, a real test of if thereís been a bump in interest in womenís hockey will be the coverage of that event. Please correct me if Iím wrong, but last year I think it was streamed on Hockey TV and the closest thing to mainstream coverage was the Tampa Bay Lightning Twitter handle live tweeting. I really hope we can watch some of it on tv this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
    Hey gang, our first Wednesday Women of the season was published today. Hope you all got a chance to read it:

https://www.uscho.com/2018/10/10/wed...rly-surprises/
    Yes, and thank you to both you and Nicole for your contributions...
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Re: post Olympic growth discussion, positives I’ve noticed is The Ice Garden starting to cover college more. There appears to be a fan base that was NWHL focused that is now following college too. As far as the Whitecaps, it’s interesting how a team that’s been around 14 years, gets that pro/ semi-pro label and all of a sudden they can sell out a rink, and I’m sure some of that is post Olympic bump. I hope they can sustain the interest; It looked like a fantastic atmosphere.
    It's Minnesota, so the support should remain strong because Minnesota is different from anywhere else for supporting hockey of any kind, not just NWHL.
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

Thread Information