Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    I've noticed a lot of buzz today on twitter regarding UConn's new arena plans. Apparently only 500 of the 2,500 seats will have chair backs

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...0/30_U-Con.php

FWIW, Bentley's new arena (with many more real seats) cost roughly the same amount...
    It just doesn't make sense. What a waste of money.

Comment

Why bother such a joke

Comment

Because competition is fun? I know fun is a foreign concept to you but some humans get something called "enjoyment" out of competing against other humans.

Comment

I've noticed a lot of buzz today on twitter regarding UConn's new arena plans. Apparently only 500 of the 2,500 seats will have chair backs

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...0/30_U-Con.php

FWIW, Bentley's new arena (with many more real seats) cost roughly the same amount...
          Freitas is no better than watching a game at Skate 3. I only had the "pleasure" of seeing a single game there, but I'd rather see them continue to play in Hartford is this is going to be the case. HCC was built for hockey perfect sightlines on the lower level, probably doesn't help they drew under 1K for the Lowell game last year. I can imagine the fixed cost of just opening the building is pretty expensive.

You know they are going to schedule Lowell for Storrs and leave BC and BU for Hartford.

Uconn should have taken the money they have ****ed away on D1 Football and put it towards hockey.
          Tully Rink Rat
          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
            Because competition is fun? I know fun is a foreign concept to you but some humans get something called "enjoyment" out of competing against other humans.
            We will get em in football u loser

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
              Freitas is no better than watching a game at Skate 3. I only had the "pleasure" of seeing a single game there, but I'd rather see them continue to play in Hartford is this is going to be the case. HCC was built for hockey perfect sightlines on the lower level, probably doesn't help they drew under 1K for the Lowell game last year.
              Attendance for that game was 3177. http://www.collegehockeystats.net/17...s/mconuml1.n18
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                Tickets sold was 3177, butts in seats was under 1K. The Uconn ticket office was selling discounted tickets on stub hub half off the box office price.
                Tully Rink Rat
                Youngstar
                UML Class of 09

Comment

Tickets sold was 3177, butts in seats was under 1K. The Uconn ticket office was selling discounted tickets on stub hub half off the box office price.
                  I went to a UML/Uconn game in Hartford a couple of years ago and thought there were far less in the building than what was reported. There's been a few of nights at the Tsongas where I've wondered if they counted the entire empty student section as part of the attendence.
                  Last edited by Middle Street; 11-01-2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

NESN has BU at Northeastern tonight at 7:00 pm.

Comment

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

I went to a UML/Uconn game in Hartford a couple of years ago and thought there were far less in the building than what was reported. There's been a few of nights at the Tsongas where I've wondered if they counted the entire empty student section as part of the attendence.
                      Since they aren't for sale to the publc I would assume that would be the case no different than counting season tickets in the gate number whether or not the tickets are actually scanned.
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        It just doesn't make sense. What a waste of money.
                        Buddy and I think there’s a portion in there that will basically go to the developer. None of it makes sense. For those of you who view only on mobile. I spent 5 years atUConn getting my Ph.D.

I haven’t seen corruption from the school but it smells bogus. As is creating their own facility management group whereas all other facilities are contracted out for arena management.

Edit: UConn football was the right idea... they just got screwed over by conference realignment in the arms race. I will defend the existence of UConn football at the 1A level
                        Last edited by Patman; 11-02-2018, 08:00 AM.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

2-1 on the road this year, 1-2 at home. Three weekend splits.

Anyone confident we'll do more than 2 points this weekend? I'm a little concerned we might not even get that.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            2-1 on the road this year, 1-2 at home. Three weekend splits.

Anyone confident we'll do more than 2 points this weekend? I'm a little concerned we might not even get that.
                            Win tonight, tie tomorrow is my ideal scenario.

Swayman is riding a 3.36 GAA in 6 games played so he might be in that Sophmore slump early in this year.

Insert the usual cliche of its better to score first. Wall between the pipes, some better decesion making from the blue liners and a little more grit.

I'd like to see Lohin back on the ice getting at least 19 mins TOI.
                            Tully Rink Rat
                            Youngstar
                            UML Class of 09

Comment

Win tonight, tie tomorrow is my ideal scenario.
                              My "ideal" scenario is a shutout win for Lowell tonight and a shutout win for Lowell tomorrow.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Aaaaaand the feed to the hockey game is messed up. Bob is not audible but the mike to the rink is. Yup. Another beautiful evening of D I Hockey with...... crowd noise

Comment

Working...
                                X