UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

OK, I do this every year ... what's your prediction for UML hockey this year? Both HE and overall records?
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    OK, I do this every year ... what's your prediction for UML hockey this year? Both HE and overall records?
    I didn't see anything on Sunday that made me think they will be any better than they were last season. I'm thinking they will have close to a .500 record overall and will be on the bubble to make the HE tournament, 7th or 8th place. Obviously I hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
      I didn't see anything on Sunday that made me think they will be any better than they were last season. I'm thinking they will have close to a .500 record overall and will be on the bubble to make the HE tournament, 7th or 8th place. Obviously I hope I am wrong.
      Not to positive wonder if norm has any second thoughts big group of forwards next year hope for the best

Comment

Thanks Monty!

Let's hope we see a big improvement in play on Friday and Saturday.

Comment

I believe we are in for another bridge year so to speak. I think our blue line is still to shallow in terms of depth and talent. Sunday felt like last year where they failed to break out of their zone cleanly, passes to nowhere or just off the tape, and not getting a clean entry into the attacking zone especially on the power play. This offense used to revolve around the strech pass but I don't know what happened there.

The only thing I would like to see this year and establishing some talent in the lower classes. Charlie Levesque for one I would like to see more of an impact there. Chris Schutz as well, kid has a nose for the net so to speak I wonder how much of an impact he can make. If one Freshman or multiple Freshman can emerge this year I think it is a step in the right direction and I would even be willing to call the season a sucess if that is the case.

Goaltending? Are we going to see a tandem throughout October? Still a big question mark there as well.
          Tully Rink Rat
          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Thanks Monty!

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              Thanks Monty!

Amen

Comment

Article from today's Sun. River Hawks seek a rebound

In other HE news:
                Northeastern and NESN announce 2018-19 hockey TV schedule. The Lowell game on November 10th will be broadcasted live on NESNplus.
                Last edited by boblav1; 10-11-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Comment

We got two d men that are drafted young yes let's roll with it

Comment

Weekend preview: https://goriverhawks.com/news/2018/1...g-weekend.aspx

Former River Hawks will join Bob Ellis on the broadcasts this weekend. Cleve Kinley will provide analysis on Friday night, Riley Wetmore on Saturday night. Are the games on WCAP this season?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Weekend preview: https://goriverhawks.com/news/2018/1...g-weekend.aspx

Former River Hawks will join Bob Ellis on the broadcasts this weekend. Cleve Kinley will provide analysis on Friday night, Riley Wetmore on Saturday night. Are the games on WCAP this season?
                        For now at least, only on the App.
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

From the Sun: River Hawks opponent features strong top line

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            For now at least, only on the App.
                            That's a bummer. I found getting the audio on my phone a frustrating experience last season. The app doesn't deliver the audio, it just loads a page on goriverhawks.com where the audio is delivered, and it won't continue to play if your screen goes to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              That's a bummer. I found getting the audio on my phone a frustrating experience last season. The app doesn't deliver the audio, it just loads a page on goriverhawks.com where the audio is delivered, and it won't continue to play if your screen goes to sleep.
                              When I was using the App on my tablet last year, I never had that problem. Even when the screen went to sleep, the audio kept going. Sounds like it could be a setting on your device.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                              X