Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Scoooooooooooooooooooooore!!!

Comment

Well, that was better.

Comment

We can chalk last night up as a solid 60 min effort. Going beyond the high SOG count. They won a lot of puck battles and 50/50s. Played a really physical game, Lucas Condotta in particular is brigining a nice presence to something I think we lacked last year in winning loose pucks and playing with high energy.

Hernberg throws the wrench at Norm again and I think we might see a tandem weekend now.
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
          We can chalk last night up as a solid 60 min effort. Going beyond the high SOG count. They won a lot of puck battles and 50/50s. Played a really physical game, Lucas Condotta in particular is brigining a nice presence to something I think we lacked last year in winning loose pucks and playing with high energy.

Hernberg throws the wrench at Norm again and I think we might see a tandem weekend now.
          A huge win last night. A very solid game by the team, especially in their own zone compared to Friday night where Maine players were left uncovered around the net for easy goals.

Offense still needs to get going. PP was 0-11 for the weekend, although I though it looked better last night with extended time /pressure in the Maine zone.

I agree about the play of Lucas Condotta. I also like the play of Sam Knoblauch who currently leads the team in scoring with 6 points (4-2-6). According to the box score he got the game winner last night after it was initially awarded to Conner Sodergren.

Any word on when Ryan Lohin will return?

Comment

Nice article on Joe Gambardella:
            http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/nyhoc...ticleId1439495

(Note - The NY hockey journal is still free)

Comment

Sam Knoblauch named Hockey East Rookie of the Week.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Another thing I like about Lucas is he's not afraid to take the puck to the net.

Comment

Off topic: The Men's Basketball team opens their season tomorrow night at UMass Amherst. The game will be on NESN Plus @ 7:00 pm.

Lowell Sun article: http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_3...owell-fortunes
                  Last edited by boblav1; 11-06-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    Another thing I like about Lucas is he's not afraid to take the puck to the net.
                    He is very strong on his skates and that is something you can't teach
                    Tully Rink Rat
                    Youngstar
                    UML Class of 09

Comment

Lowell playing in the Men's Soccer AE Semifinal game at UNH right now. Game's on here, if anyone wants to follow along. https://portal.stretchinternet.com/u...reamType=video
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

So still nothing on Lohin's status. I'm sorry that I continue to harp on this, but I think this shows why this team needs a beat writer. Nothing on Twitter either and I'm not expecting UML Athletic PR officer to comment on the matter. No offence to Barry he does a good job with what he has at the Sun. But how hard is for someone to ask Norm if he's hurt without going into specfics. Is that frowned upon in College Hockey?

Hockey injuries by nature are either Lower Body or Upper Body injuries. Is this kid alright? I mean he was our leading scorer last year. My apologies again for being nosey.
                        Tully Rink Rat
                        Youngstar
                        UML Class of 09

Comment

So still nothing on Lohin's status. I'm sorry that I continue to harp on this, but I think this shows why this team needs a beat writer. Nothing on Twitter either and I'm not expecting UML Athletic PR officer to comment on the matter. No offence to Barry he does a good job with what he has at the Sun. But how hard is for someone to ask Norm if he's hurt without going into specfics. Is that frowned upon in College Hockey?

Hockey injuries by nature are either Lower Body or Upper Body injuries. Is this kid alright? I mean he was our leading scorer last year. My apologies again for being nosey.
                          Hopefully Ryan will be back as the team needs to find some more offense. Important points on the line this weekend.

NESN-Plus will be showing the Providence at UMass Amherst game tonight at 7:00 pm.

Comment

UMass is legit.

And while they don't have the history, I bet if their success continues, their recruiting will pick up to higher levels as well. I don't see Carvel choosing to go the route that Bazin did, rather he'll go the route that PC is.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              UMass is legit.

And while they don't have the history, I bet if their success continues, their recruiting will pick up to higher levels as well. I don't see Carvel choosing to go the route that Bazin did, rather he'll go the route that PC is.
                              Carvel currently has 19 recruits on the Heisenberg site, including a couple of '03s. He all ready has at least 6 recruits slotted for 2020 and 2021.

I watched some of last night's game. UMass looked quick, fast and very aggressive. They have a nice blend of skill and grit. They'll be a very tough match up this season.

Comment

How does everyone feel about this weekend? Was last Saturday's effort a sign of the team turning a corner, or did Maine just not show up?

Comment

Working...
                                X