Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Tonight's game will be on WCAP at some point, I have no idea when though. They have it listed as JIP (joining in progress) on the team schedule page.
    Just got home. Tried to find it on the radio (old habits die hard) on the way then remembered that we are bush league and no coverage Tuning in now- it was a bit challenging because some script is evil according to my antiviral....

Comment

A nice solid win by the Hawks. Their play was much improved from last week. Goaltending was solid again with Wall making a huge save on a breakaway late in the 2nd period. Let's finish the job tonight.

Game highlights.
      http://www.nmnathletics.com/mediaPor...b_oem_id=90660

Comment

A late addition to the roster - a 13th freshman, forward Derek Osik. From what I was told, the team held open tryouts at the beginning of the semester (all of the teams at UML do this) and he impressed the coaches enough for a walk-on spot on the team.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          A late addition to the roster - a 13th freshman, forward Derek Osik. From what I was told, the team held open tryouts at the beginning of the semester (all of the teams at UML do this) and he impressed the coaches enough for a walk-on spot on the team.
          Good stuff

Comment

Over all I thought the Hawks had a good weekend. They had some tough luck in third period last night hitting two posts trying to tie the game. A couple of late penalties prevented them from pulling Wall for the extra skater. Over all a big improvement from the RIT weekend. Looking forward to next weekend.

Very impressed with the play of freshman defenseman Jon McDonald who made his UML debut Friday night. He played well all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              Over all I thought the Hawks had a good weekend. They had some tough luck in third period last night hitting two posts trying to tie the game. A couple of late penalties prevented them from pulling Wall for the extra skater. Over all a big improvement from the RIT weekend. Looking forward to next weekend.

Very impressed with the play of freshman defenseman Jon McDonald who made his UML debut Friday night. He played well all weekend.
              What was with the tripping call against Wall? Legitmate call?
              Tully Rink Rat
              Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                What was with the tripping call against Wall? Legitmate call?
                Yup, it was. It's the type of the call that might have been let go by some officials, but it was legit. Considering some of the stuff that didn't get called, this one was a bit surprising. Norm was yelling at the refs most of the night, especially in the 3rd, and had a long chat with them on the way off the ice after the game.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  Osik played for the South Shore Kings in the NCDC, with a 20-36-56 line in 50 games last season. He's a local kid (Shrewsbury). He's played for quite a few Juniors teams after starting at St. Mark's, including the Jr. Bruins, and then two teams in the BCHL, and one in the CCHL, before ending up at South Shore. He's 6', 176, and born in 98.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    Osik played for the South Shore Kings in the NCDC, with a 20-36-56 line in 50 games last season. He's a local kid (Shrewsbury). He's played for quite a few Juniors teams after starting at St. Mark's, including the Jr. Bruins, and then two teams in the BCHL, and one in the CCHL, before ending up at South Shore. He's 6', 176, and born in 98.
                    He was tied 5th in the NCDC in scoring last season as well. Of the top 8 scorers in that league last season, Osik was the only one that was not playing for a team in the ECAC or Hockey East this season.

Comment

Any chance they bump up the game on Friday to a 6PM puck drop?
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

I don't see them doing that. I understand why you're asking but it's tough enough for many to get there for the 7PM (or 7:15PM) already.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I think it's to late to try

Comment

I agree. I'd rather a 6pm start too, but it's probably lose-lose for them, very few people show up either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              I agree. I'd rather a 6pm start too, but it's probably lose-lose for them, very few people show up either way.
                              It's "bring a friend night" and there are some free passes floating around so hopefully it will be a decent crowd. Sox will only be 3-4 innings in by the time it's over, I'm ok with that.

By the way, think it'll be Wall on Friday and give Hernberg another chance against Bentley or does Wall get the start until he falters?
                              Last edited by Fishhawk; 10-23-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Who's making the trek down to Waltham? I'm curious to hear feedback on the new barn.
                                Bentley University Hockey
                                On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Working...
                                X