What's on your ballot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on your ballot?

So, let's talk about what else is on folks' local ballots this November.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Re: What's on your ballot?

For Minnesotans:

https://myballotmn.sos.state.mn.us/
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

In ND we have Measure 1 on the ballot. It's an ethics in government initiative. However, in my mind it contains an unethical portion.

As written, Measure 1 has a supremacy clause making it more powerful than even the ND State Constitution.
      The measure has good and reasonable merit; however, that supremacy clause is a non-starter with me.
      I'd look at it with the supremacy clause removed.

With the supremacy clause it's a flat "NO".
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

No referendums. Just people. Lots of Judges, etc.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Also in ND we have Measure 3: recreational marijuana.

A medical marijuana measure passed recently but it was so poorly written the Legislature couldn't implement it without significant changes so there is that history.

But, knowing the conservative nature in ND, I see the recreational marijuana measure going up in smoke.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Yeah, I'm gonna be that guy.

What's the difference between this and the midterm election thread?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              Yeah, I'm gonna be that guy.

What's the difference between this and the midterm election thread?
              I suppose you could argue the other thread is for candidates. This is for "other" ballot measures. Quite frankly, we have 700 Association threads. I really don't care if people make extra topic threads.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Recreational marijuana treated like alcohol

Independent commission to draw districts

Expanded voting, I.e. Same day registration, no reason absentee, straight ticket voting and automatic registration when you register for a state ID. Currently you have to opt in, this would make it opt out.

Given how blue the election is supposed to be, all three should pass. Biggest issue is literally going to be making sure people flip over their ballot and fill out more than just marijuana.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK8fAUlqbow

The commission and the changes to voting laws are more important though.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    I suppose you could argue the other thread is for candidates. This is for "other" ballot measures.
                    Scoob's thoughts echo mine when I started this.

I'm scared.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Alaska has one ballot measure: A salmon habitat protection measure.

There’s a huge campaign against it, try to guess why:
                      Stand for Alaska is leading the campaign in opposition to Ballot Measure 1. The Stand for Alaska-Vote No on 1 committee reported a total of $9.01 million in contributions. The top donors included BP Exploration Inc. Alaska, Conoco Phillips, Hecla Mining Company, Kinross Fort Knox, Sumitomo Metal Mining Pogo, Pebble Limited Partnership, and Donlin Gold.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Only one for Indiana

SHALL ARTICLE 10, SECTION 5 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF INDIANA BE AMENDED TO REQUIRE THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO ADOPT BALANCED BUDGETS FOR STATE GOVERNMENT THAT DO NOT EXCEED ESTIMATED REVENUES UNLESS A SUPERMAJORITY OF TWO-THIRDS OF THE MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES AND TWO-THIRDS OF THE MEMBERS OF THE SENATE VOTE TO SUSPEND THE REQUIREMENT?
                        Other than that it's just run of the mill senate, house, state reps, auditors, and judges...
                        Last edited by MinnesotaNorthStar; 10-09-2018, 03:24 PM.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

https://www.9news.com/article/news/p...n/73-602151174

Big race is governor - incumbent John Hickenlooper (D) is termed out. Walker Stapleton (R) vs. Jared Polis (D.)

6th Congressional district is a hot race too - incumbent Mike Coffman (R) being challenged by Jason Crow (D.)

SecState and Treasurer also up.

Beyond that, ballot measures including independent state/Congressional redistricting commissions, limitations on location for fracking, campaign finance limitations, and your standard smorgasbord of transportation and education levies.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Only one for Indiana

Other than that it's just run of the mill senate, house, state reps, auditors, and judges...
                            Why are they yelling? It’s for the old people, right? Because they like to vote?
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Why are they yelling? It’s for the old people, right? Because they like to vote?
                              Cars running over a couple, thirteen, fourteen potholes in a city block can be rather loud...God forbid they do something to increase revenues to fix them
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                              X