Clear All

Re: What's on your ballot?

Revenue is eeeeeeeeeeevil
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Flotida has a Constitutional Revision Commission that meets every 20 years, and this is their year. They've recommended 8 ammendments for consideration. There are an additional three measures that were referred from the legislature and two initiated by citizen petitions, so it's a big year here. Everything from banning dog racing to raising mandatory retirement age for judges. The one everyone is talking about would restore voting rights for 1.5 million Floridian felons, which is expected to pass. My personal favorite, though, is the one that bans offshore drilling AND bans vaping in indoor workplaces. Given the expected blue wave, it could be a good year to make some progress in multiple progressive directions.

https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_2018_ballot_measures
      Last edited by LynahFan; 10-10-2018, 05:49 AM.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Recreational marijuana treated like alcohol

Independent commission to draw districts

Expanded voting, I.e. Same day registration, no reason absentee, straight ticket voting and automatic registration when you register for a state ID. Currently you have to opt in, this would make it opt out.

Given how blue the election is supposed to be, all three should pass. Biggest issue is literally going to be making sure people flip over their ballot and fill out more than just marijuana.
        Per the Detroit News,

1. 62-35 on pot

2. 55-23 on redistricting

3. 72-19 expanded voting
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

For the last decade or so, liberal referendum/amendments tend to pass, conservative referendum/amendments tend to fail, but Republicans continue to get elected.

You tell me the American public isn't nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            For the last decade or so, liberal referendum/amendments tend to pass, conservative referendum/amendments tend to fail, but Republicans continue to get elected.
            Isn't that today's "socially liberal but * fiscally conservative" mantra?

* insert words "claims to be" here
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              Isn't that today's "socially liberal but * fiscally conservative" mantra?

* insert words "claims to be" here
              Name one thing fiscally conservative about the Republican Party.

One.

Even in Minnesota where they "pretend" they are they are not. Not even close.

But go ahead. Name one.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Did you miss the asterisk thingy in my post?
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Did you miss the asterisk thingy in my post?
                  What about fiscally conservative and socially liberal applies to Republicans getting elected? The premise was that liberal social referendums are passing and Republicans are getting elected. That has nothing to do with fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Nothing.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"Claims to be fiscally conservative" is the very definition of today's Rs.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Republicans haven't been actual fiscal conservatives since the Roaring 20s.

Comment

"Claims to be fiscally conservative" is the very definition of today's Rs.
                        Do they even claim to be anymore? Really? Haven't seen any claims like that this whole cycle. The claims since 1980 were all a lie anyway. A lie to complete the heist. And the heist continues.

Comment

Being fiscally conservative is stupid anyhow, they only use it as a boogeyman to demean minorities mostly. It's also why some of these stupid ideas floated by Pelosi and other dems like pay-go need to be shot into space.

Comment

I think it was unofan or Kepler who said it’s impossible to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative. That person had a great post about it.

Can’t find it on mobile but it’s out there.

They can’t be reconciled.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I think it was unofan or Kepler who said it’s impossible to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative. That person had a great post about it.

It would've been Kepler. I used to be a Republican in my 20s, so there's no way I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Depends on your definition of fiscally conservative. I guarantee my definition is different than Paul Ryan's.

Comment

Working...
                                X