UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

5-0 final. Perfect example of a game where you look at the shots and say maybe the score isn’t indicative of how the game went. Wrong. Shots were even but the game was all UND.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      5-0 final. Perfect example of a game where you look at the shots and say maybe the score isn’t indicative of how the game went. Wrong. Shots were even but the game was all UND.
      Third period was a little weak. Put the third and fourth lines in more.

Comment

• Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
        Third period was a little weak. Put the third and fourth lines in more.
        True but when they are up by 4 I can see a little let down
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Very pleased with the way the boys played last night. If they keep that up they will be very difficult to beat. Of course, Wisconsin had some plane issues that may have played a part, but at least the team took advantage. Here's to UND coming out strong again tonight and getting the sweep!
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Thinner, check! Water bottle video, check! Hate, check!

Drop the gd puck!

https://youtu.be/3jXsmGTQz-I
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Bucky got away with a major there. Textbook checking from behind
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                Bucky got away with a major there. Textbook checking from behind
                I didnt think it was a major, but they blew the tripping call. Not that it would have mattered...the powerplay is 0-4 thus far in this one.
                North Dakota

Comment

Big 10 >NCHC

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    I didnt think it was a major, but they blew the tripping call. Not that it would have mattered...the powerplay is 0-4 thus far in this one.
                    It would have been a borderline major call, but weaker hits have been called majors. The two that followed (the hit in the corner that lead to 2 UND players and 3 Wisconsin players in the box, and the elbow to the head of Gardner that lead to the 5 on 3) easily could have been called majors. One of the more undisciplined Wisconsin teams I’ve seen. Good win.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      It would have been a borderline major call, but weaker hits have been called majors. The two that followed (the hit in the corner that lead to 2 UND players and 3 Wisconsin players in the box, and the elbow to the head of Gardner that lead to the 5 on 3) easily could have been called majors. One of the more undisciplined Wisconsin teams I’ve seen. Good win.
                      Yeah, I thought the Janatuinen hit was worse. I thought the elbow was borderline. You are right though, Wisconsin was terribly undisciplined. That being said, I would be less than thrilled with the officiating if I were a Badger fan.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Not talking the one on Gardner. Talking the other one on Janatiunen
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Yeah, I thought the Janatuinen hit was worse. I thought the elbow was borderline. You are right though, Wisconsin was terribly undisciplined. That being said, I would be less than thrilled with the officiating if I were a Badger fan.
                          They have a chance to be a decent team, but doing things like slashing the stick out of a player’s hand when you’re on the pp is just undisciplined.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Game 3 highlights
                            https://youtu.be/c575kuhE33k
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

3-1 over Miami

Comment

Make that 5 in a row for the good guys
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!