View Poll Results: What's your favorite part of Fall?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hockey

12 63.16%
  • Bacon

7 36.84%
  • Giada

8 42.11%
  • Freddy

5 26.32%
  • Other

10 52.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    The three people I was waiting for showed up about 6pm. I felt so bad for them. It was beautiful here when they got here. It was pretty miserable all day. Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice. Here’s hoping the event goes well.

So, here’s some potential fun news. My boss texted me yesterday to ask if I was available to go to Dublin next month. We’re sponsoring a women’s leadership conference there. She’s going to be there and needs another body. I may be able to swing staying in Ireland for the Friendship Four when BU is there. I decided not to go because of the airfare cost but now if I can get work to pay for it, I don’t mind paying for the package. It will mean being away from November 7 through November 25 though. Oh, I need to be in Austin November 7-10, then fly to Dublin November 10. Conference ends November 14. Instead of flying home on the 15th, I’d stay. The package for the hockey trip starts Sunday. I may do something like got to London the 15th through 18th. That would all be on my dime, but work could pay for my flight home. Hopefully will hear soon so I can make my plans.
    Whoa -- that sounds awesome! Fingers crossed!!

Had a talk with my immediate boss today, we both came away with something productive. A little on edge at times (a warehouse convo, YOU DON'T SAY!), but it was good overall. He trusts my decisions, just wants to understand them. I feel the same. Different philosophies, is all. Dunno if it'll get better, but at least we get each other's thinking.

What caused this was yesterday's fiasco, when we had 2 extra shuttle runs to the main building after the general 5:15 deadline. My job is rated 1.5 persons. I had no one to help until 5pm. What did you think was going to happen? I'm good, not God.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

there's a good buck in that racket.

s'upp y'all

The three people I was waiting for showed up about 6pm. I felt so bad for them. It was beautiful here when they got here. It was pretty miserable all day. Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice. Here’s hoping the event goes well.

So, here’s some potential fun news. My boss texted me yesterday to ask if I was available to go to Dublin next month. We’re sponsoring a women’s leadership conference there. She’s going to be there and needs another body. I may be able to swing staying in Ireland for the Friendship Four when BU is there. I decided not to go because of the airfare cost but now if I can get work to pay for it, I don’t mind paying for the package. It will mean being away from November 7 through November 25 though. Oh, I need to be in Austin November 7-10, then fly to Dublin November 10. Conference ends November 14. Instead of flying home on the 15th, I’d stay. The package for the hockey trip starts Sunday. I may do something like got to London the 15th through 18th. That would all be on my dime, but work could pay for my flight home. Hopefully will hear soon so I can make my plans.
    nice. learning the 'mookie way'
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

Capt

Honestly, my Dad and I had such a great time at the Friendship Four last year. Let me know if you go and I can give you some tips for things to see/do.

Very Un-Dude

Sláinte!!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

Mornin’ Lodge.

Sounds like an awesome opportunity, Scarlet, I hope it all works out!!

I presume you got your seats through BU for this weekend?

Late again.

Opposite Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Mornin’ Lodge.

Sounds like an awesome opportunity, Scarlet, I hope it all works out!!

I presume you got your seats through BU for this weekend?
    I did! Heading to MN from here (I’m in Plano, TX right now) tomorrow. Staying in St Paul and going to the Wild game. Friday morning I head to Mankato.

I did! Heading to MN from here (I’m in Plano, TX right now) tomorrow. Staying in St Paul and going to the Wild game. Friday morning I head to Mankato.
    I’ll be at the Wild game as well.

Safe travels! See you this weekend!

Good Afternoon Lodge!!

Home from Boston where it was >80 at 7pm last night. Yikes. Had a wonderful evening/ Went to eat at Durgin Park, stopped at a bakery for dessert, walked around the Common at 9p in a sleeveless top and was hot. On a sad note~ Lots and lots of homeless people. More than I remember from anytime before.
    Today it is 86F. A little crazy for Oct.

wubba lubba dub dub

So I walked into the office late today, combination of rain, road construction and me not being able to wake up on time. Upon my arrival, I found a coworker's cubicle had been purged of his family pictures. That's usually a sign of something. So I went into my weekly staff meeting about 20 minutes late, and my coworker with the odd cubicle situation is nowhere to be found. After the meeting I asked another coworker what the situation was, and she tells me that he was fired this morning for being late too many times. Seriously. Wonderful timing on my part.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Evening, Lodge.

The day started off oh so awesomely. One of the sales guys, who is a complete moron (he actually Austin Powers'd a forklift in an aisle once), apparently didn't see the four 2-ft strips of fluorescent pink caution tape attached to one our overheard natural gas heaters, and clocked the heater, creating a massive gas leak. Had to evacuate the building, call 911, etc etc. We had a dock door all the way open, and within about 2 minutes you could smell the gas outside. Yeah.

So, after everything was shut off and settled, had to have all 4 dock doors open all day, to clear the remnants of gas smell out of there. Whee fun.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Evening, Lodge.

The day started off oh so awesomely. One of the sales guys, who is a complete moron (he actually Austin Powers'd a forklift in an aisle once), apparently didn't see the four 2-ft strips of fluorescent pink caution tape attached to one our overheard natural gas heaters, and clocked the heater, creating a massive gas leak. Had to evacuate the building, call 911, etc etc. We had a dock door all the way open, and within about 2 minutes you could smell the gas outside. Yeah.

So, after everything was shut off and settled, had to have all 4 dock doors open all day, to clear the remnants of gas smell out of there. Whee fun.
    Yikes

Very Un-Dude

Why is he allowed to drive a fork truck or did he just jump on a go full Michael Scott?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

Opposite Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    I’ll be at the Wild game as well.

Safe travels! See you this weekend!
    I’ll be wearing my BU jersey at the game. If you see me, come say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyeagle View Post
    Why is he allowed to drive a fork truck or did he just jump on a go full Michael Scott?
    My co-worker and I don't know. We really don't.

We really hope he isn't allowed to come down to my building anymore after this accident. That's twice he's caused damage to a structure in the last 2 years (ran into a dock door backing up the van last year). We do have to have a "license" for power equipment that is renewed every year, he can drive stuff, but has no common sense or awareness whatsoever. He's not a rookie either*, he's been around 3-4 years.

*If you're a power equipment driver, it's not if you hit something, it's when. It will happen. Guaranteed.

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Evening, Lodge.

Perma site ban for that idiot, and if he's not selling well enough? Here's a box - pack your sh*t and get out.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Perma site ban for that idiot.
    My co-worker and I are hoping.

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

Thread Information