Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Good Afternoon Lodge!!

Home from Boston where it was >80 at 7pm last night. Yikes. Had a wonderful evening/ Went to eat at Durgin Park, stopped at a bakery for dessert, walked around the Common at 9p in a sleeveless top and was hot. On a sad note~ Lots and lots of homeless people. More than I remember from anytime before.
    Today it is 86F. A little crazy for Oct.

Comment

So I walked into the office late today, combination of rain, road construction and me not being able to wake up on time. Upon my arrival, I found a coworker's cubicle had been purged of his family pictures. That's usually a sign of something. So I went into my weekly staff meeting about 20 minutes late, and my coworker with the odd cubicle situation is nowhere to be found. After the meeting I asked another coworker what the situation was, and she tells me that he was fired this morning for being late too many times. Seriously. Wonderful timing on my part.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Evening, Lodge.

The day started off oh so awesomely. One of the sales guys, who is a complete moron (he actually Austin Powers'd a forklift in an aisle once), apparently didn't see the four 2-ft strips of fluorescent pink caution tape attached to one our overheard natural gas heaters, and clocked the heater, creating a massive gas leak. Had to evacuate the building, call 911, etc etc. We had a dock door all the way open, and within about 2 minutes you could smell the gas outside. Yeah.

So, after everything was shut off and settled, had to have all 4 dock doors open all day, to clear the remnants of gas smell out of there. Whee fun.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Evening, Lodge.

The day started off oh so awesomely. One of the sales guys, who is a complete moron (he actually Austin Powers'd a forklift in an aisle once), apparently didn't see the four 2-ft strips of fluorescent pink caution tape attached to one our overheard natural gas heaters, and clocked the heater, creating a massive gas leak. Had to evacuate the building, call 911, etc etc. We had a dock door all the way open, and within about 2 minutes you could smell the gas outside. Yeah.

So, after everything was shut off and settled, had to have all 4 dock doors open all day, to clear the remnants of gas smell out of there. Whee fun.
          Yikes

Comment

Why is he allowed to drive a fork truck or did he just jump on a go full Michael Scott?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              I’ll be at the Wild game as well.

Safe travels! See you this weekend!
              I’ll be wearing my BU jersey at the game. If you see me, come say hi.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                Why is he allowed to drive a fork truck or did he just jump on a go full Michael Scott?
                My co-worker and I don't know. We really don't.

We really hope he isn't allowed to come down to my building anymore after this accident. That's twice he's caused damage to a structure in the last 2 years (ran into a dock door backing up the van last year). We do have to have a "license" for power equipment that is renewed every year, he can drive stuff, but has no common sense or awareness whatsoever. He's not a rookie either*, he's been around 3-4 years.

*If you're a power equipment driver, it's not if you hit something, it's when. It will happen. Guaranteed.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Evening, Lodge.

Perma site ban for that idiot, and if he's not selling well enough? Here's a box - pack your sh*t and get out.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Perma site ban for that idiot.
                    My co-worker and I are hoping.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning Men!
                          Good Morning Lodge! Coffee 2 is in the works. Watch out world!!
                          Off to get the car fixed.

Comment

My co-worker and I are hoping.
                            When we went live on our new system (August) our building was basically locked down unless you were providing critical support. Feel free to send food otherwise we got this.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                              When we went live on our new system (August) our building was basically locked down unless you were providing critical support. Feel free to send food otherwise we got this.
                              Does mother still have those wierd cylindrical doors to get from area to area? I just remember on a tour as a kid going through them.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!
                                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Working...
                                X