Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Good to hear about your kids, gmann. Not good to hear about the s&ss. How old is Little g now?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Flying is getting more and more unenjoyable every time I travel. I don't know how people stand doing this often.

I also want to ****** about rental cars which have what seem to me to have unusual ways of doing things. They really should hand out sheets with instructions about how to do things which one usually needs to do, like starting the car, turning on the headlights, turning on the wipers, refueling, yadda, yadda, yadda. It took me ages to figure out this time how to turn on the headlights. The manual gave several alternatives depending upon which options one had on the particular car, and even when I guessed it wasn't clear where to look for the knob since there was no overview of the dashboard.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Good to hear about your kids, gmann. Not good to hear about the s&ss. How old is Little g now?
        Little g is 12.5.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
          Little g is 12.5.
          Time certainly goes fast.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Time certainly goes fast.
            Yes, yes it does.

Mornin', Lodge. Usual Sunday routine: church and then the corner store, and of course, football. Day off tomorrow, too, so bonus long weekend. Side note: cannot wait until Wed, so I can actually watch some TV or listen to the radio again.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Yes, yes it does.

Mornin', Lodge. Usual Sunday routine: church and then the corner store, and of course, football. Day off tomorrow, too, so bonus long weekend. Side note: cannot wait until Wed, so I can actually watch some TV or listen to the radio again.
              unlikely. 2020 presidential campaigns start after midterm.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Yes, yes it does.

Still a beerologist? Each year at work we have a silent auction to raise money for United Way. A co workers brother works at Surly and he provided numerous 4 packs of Surly that are not available to the public yet. Even though I’m not a big beer drinker and have never tried Surly I won the bid............
                sigpic

Comment

Still a beerologist? Each year at work we have a silent auction to raise money for United Way. A co workers brother works at Surly and he provided numerous 4 packs of Surly that are not available to the public yet. Even though I’m not a big beer drinker and have never tried Surly I won the bid............
                  Beerologist....I like it. I am. Surly.....is meh, but that's just me. They've lost a few brewers in the past couple years who have gone on to bigger and better things.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Beerologist....I like it. I am. Surly.....is meh, but that's just me. They've lost a few brewers in the past couple years who have gone on to bigger and better things.
                    I have like 10 4 packs. It will take me forever to drink them all. I also got a 12 pack of Schnell’s harvest brew. A couple of them are pretty good IMHO but I’m not a beerologist.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      unlikely. 2020 presidential campaigns start after midterm.
                      I am getting sick.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Even when I leave late and stop to get gas, I’m still the first one here at the restaurant.

Comment

Good morning Lodge.

Little g is doing quite well. He is a middle schooler now. 5'6" and growing............. He continues to work his azz off every day. He works hard to get good grades. He is a popular kid but he doesn't have a bunch of friends if that makes sense. He is more than likely going to participate in track this spring and cross country next fall. Granted, he will not be breaking any records but based on how his life began it is truly remarkable.

Little gII is doing well. School is easy for him and he has lots of friends. He is a pretty decent athlete in football, baseball and bouncy ball. He played aaa baseball over the summer and he has been asked to play in a elite league in cityslickerville next summer (he's 10. Not going to happen).

Aside from enjoying MN sport teams dominating their respective leagues and occasionally sporting the s&ss not much has changed.
                          w00t!! My favorite sports! Besides obvious bias- great stuff. It isn't about winning, it is about getting better. XC has to be the most accepting, supportive team oriented sport ever. Kids know when another kid did something better than last time and the kids that finish first go back out and yell for the kids who are still running. Track is also the most diverse of sports- kids who have different interests and strengths as well as the only sport that it seems to be OK to be smart in. (weird but in this town- true)
                          Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I am getting sick.
                          I need a trip to a spa somewhere out of country. A Caribbean island maybe...

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            w00t!! My favorite sports! Besides obvious bias- great stuff. It isn't about winning, it is about getting better. XC has to be the most accepting, supportive team oriented sport ever. Kids know when another kid did something better than last time and the kids that finish first go back out and yell for the kids who are still running. Track is also the most diverse of sports- kids who have different interests and strengths as well as the only sport that it seems to be OK to be smart in. (weird but in this town- true)
                            Agreed. He has been contemplating about it for some time. After he watched the attached video he became inspired to do it.

https://youtu.be/oonaOfHb4Yc
                            Last edited by gmann; 11-04-2018, 06:03 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Agreed. He has been contemplating about it for some time. After he watched the attached video he became inspired to do it.
                              www.Youtube.com/oonaOfHb4Yc
                              I heard that guy interviewed on NPR. It was cool
                              This one is the one I posted on the XC page i admin for lilnls HS team- https://ovalsandtrails.com/blog/2018...m5Kahdgpx0jtt0

I would say at least 2 teams in our league have runners who have challenges of some sort right now. Been that way since lilnsl started 9 yrs ago. By the time the kids are seniors most of us parents who have been around to watch over the year(s) and a lot of the teams are yelling for the kid by name, right along with the team they come from. We all know when the kid runs faster than before. It isn't a pity thing. If the kid runs faster then people are excited for them.

Comment

Good morning Lodge.
                                Little g is doing quite well. He is a middle schooler now. 5'6" and growing............. He continues to work his azz off every day. He works hard to get good grades. He is a popular kid but he doesn't have a bunch of friends if that makes sense. He is more than likely going to participate in track this spring and cross country next fall. Granted, he will not be breaking any records but based on how his life began it is truly remarkable.
                                Little gII is doing well. School is easy for him and he has lots of friends. He is a pretty decent athlete in football, baseball and bouncy ball. He played aaa baseball over the summer and he has been asked to play in a elite league in cityslickerville next summer (he's 10. Not going to happen).
                                Aside from enjoying MN sport teams dominating their respective leagues and occasionally sporting the s&ss not much has changed.
                                Middle School and 10 - I cannot get over how time flies!!! Happy to hear that they are both doing so well!
                                Little g is 12.5.
                                Almost a teenager!!
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Heh - nice. I think beerologist is fitting.
                                tcbg and I have been singing the praises of Barrel Theory out East! Also I have a box of beer things to send to you. I'll PM you re: address.

Hello, Lodge. Night 4 of 4 including a lovely 13 hour shift thanks to DST. They also decided that was a good time to have a 5 hour computer system upgrade. *sigh* Just trying to get through tonight (and teaching for 2 hours in the morning), then off for 2 with some time spent at our local taphouse for trivia and dinner with the MIL and her SO (time is getting short for him -- he is quite ill).

Comment

Working...
                                X