Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I received $8.5M from Mr. Richard Markham. The total is now $949,841,655.08.
    I received $2M from Conselho Gestão. The total is now $951,841,655.08.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Finally, some decent weather. Snow on the ground for the last week, single digit temps. So refreshing.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I spent some time yesterday taking down a ceiling fan and light where the wiring with the light had some sort of short in it. Going into the little mini-project, I thought that I had localized the issue within the device itself and not the wiring within the house. So I go through the process of tearing down the old one and then installing the new one. With exception to dropping some screws and little things like that, the replacement process went pretty smooth. And then I flipped the light switch on the wall. Nothing happened. So I start disassembling the new fan and looking to see if my wire connections separated or the like. Nope, they're all good, and a bit of despair starts seeping into my head, thinking that maybe there's a wire shorting in the wall or ceiling. Ugh. Then I look at my wife after halfway disassembling it for the second time, tell her my assessment, and she asks, "Did you try pulling the cord on the cord on the light fixture?" D'oh! No, no I did not. And yes, the light came on immediately.

Yeah...
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Thank you for making me laugh.

Comment

Been there, done that.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I spent some time yesterday taking down a ceiling fan and light where the wiring with the light had some sort of short in it. Going into the little mini-project, I thought that I had localized the issue within the device itself and not the wiring within the house. So I go through the process of tearing down the old one and then installing the new one. With exception to dropping some screws and little things like that, the replacement process went pretty smooth. And then I flipped the light switch on the wall. Nothing happened. So I start disassembling the new fan and looking to see if my wire connections separated or the like. Nope, they're all good, and a bit of despair starts seeping into my head, thinking that maybe there's a wire shorting in the wall or ceiling. Ugh. Then I look at my wife after halfway disassembling it for the second time, tell her my assessment, and she asks, "Did you try pulling the cord on the cord on the light fixture?" D'oh! No, no I did not. And yes, the light came on immediately.

Yeah...
              Because I’m am “mechanically challenged” it would have taken an electrician and some cash to figure that out.

Good evening Lodge.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Finally, some decent weather. Snow on the ground for the last week, single digit temps. So refreshing.
                Agreed. I hunted pheasants all day yesterday and today. I walked about 15 miles through the usual stuff from knee high grass to the nasty thick shiat and all I wore was a T-shirt and a heavier wind breaker and my hunting vest and I still worked up a sweat.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Good Evening Lodge. They have used the s word for later this week. Yay?

How is the team looking Mavsey?
                  We’ve got some good, young forwards. Two very good defenseman, but need a couple others to step up and for a goaltender to emerge from the two returners we have.

Great group of young men, though, which is always fun to see.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
                    Agreed. I hunted pheasants all day yesterday and today. I walked about 15 miles through the usual stuff from knee high grass to the nasty thick shiat and all I wore was a T-shirt and a heavier wind breaker and my hunting vest and I still worked up a sweat.
                    Pantless hunting seems ... dangerous.

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Found out T-Day will be at my brother's/fiancee's place, which means about 30-some people. While I've met them all, I still don't really know more than 2-3 of them (not counting my family). There's a whirlwind of stress right there. Additionally, dinner is at 5pm, which goes against every family tradition I've ever come across with our family, my brother's previous in-laws, my past gfs' familes, etc.

It's always been between 12-2pm start time, so you can get your afternoon nap in, then socialize in the evening. I cannot count how many times the whole house has been zonked out at 3pm after a good holiday meal.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                        Northeast Regional:
                        West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Yeah...
                            Mookie had a similar event occur with his tenant long ago.... tried to fix, replaced. Still no work. Then turned the fade dial..... voila

Also had tenant flush a tampon

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Yeah...
                              Glad you figured it out, Griz!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I received $2M from Conselho Gestão. The total is now $951,841,655.08.
                                I received $2M from Mr. Pedro Hills. The total is now $953,841,655.08.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X