Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
    Hello tLodge from the one who doesn't rule his own Roost.
    Hi Slippers! How's the fam?
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by gmann View Post
      Good morning Lodge.

Little g is doing quite well. He is a middle schooler now. 5'6" and growing............. He continues to work his azz off every day. He works hard to get good grades. He is a popular kid but he doesn't have a bunch of friends if that makes sense. He is more than likely going to participate in track this spring and cross country next fall. Granted, he will not be breaking any records but based on how his life began it is truly remarkable.

Little gII is doing well. School is easy for him and he has lots of friends. He is a pretty decent athlete in football, baseball and bouncy ball. He played aaa baseball over the summer and he has been asked to play in a elite league in cityslickerville next summer (he's 10. Not going to happen).

Aside from enjoying MN sport teams dominating their respective leagues and occasionally sporting the s&ss not much has changed.
      Really good to hear things are going well!! Reading this post made my day.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Howdy Lodge. Spent today taking my dad to two doctor appointments. I didn't take the day off as I was able to take two conference calls and keep on top of email. I head out tomorrow for Austin, TX, come home Friday night, then Sunday night I leave for Dublin. I'm there till Thursday, then I fly to London. Sunday I fly back to Dublin to start the hockey portion of my trip. I'm pretty much packed but this weekend when I'm home from Texas I'm going to go through what I packed and see if I can remove a few things. It's really full. Though, I am going to be gone for 16 days.

Looking forward to catching up on my dvd'd shows because election coverage is on all night.

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!

Hiya Slippers!

I made chicken pie from scratch. Yum!

Comment

Evening, Lodge.

It's beyond official, my aunt and uncle are moving to NC to be closer to my cousin and his wife/son. They had hoped they would move back to MN, but no go. Sold off their horse-boarding business (where they also lived) in Rochester MN, for the past 30ish years. Having a going away party this Saturday. After this, only my immediate family is in MN, which is kind of sad. I have extended family in DC (cousins who I haven't seen in decades), and an aunt in Chi-town (who I haven't seen in about a decade). Obviously, those family members are not really close.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Hoven- we used to have a bunch of family that gathered. Now they are all in the upper generations (80s). It is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Evening, Lodge.

It's beyond official, my aunt and uncle are moving to NC to be closer to my cousin and his wife/son. They had hoped they would move back to MN, but no go. Sold off their horse-boarding business (where they also lived) in Rochester MN, for the past 30ish years. Having a going away party this Saturday. After this, only my immediate family is in MN, which is kind of sad. I have extended family in DC (cousins who I haven't seen in decades), and an aunt in Chi-town (who I haven't seen in about a decade). Obviously, those family members are not really close.
                    Sad. Be happy for all the time you've had with them living nearby.

I grew up in Maryland, far away from the extended family in Michigan. Now my immediate family lives in Houston, but I still have extended family in MI. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. My parents are coming up, and we're getting together at my cousin's house with a few of my mom's siblings. However, gone are the gatherings at Grandma's where my mom and all 4 of her siblings and their kids (and their kids) would get together for Thanksgiving.
                    At least I won't have to see my uncle's ugly green Sparty vest at Thanksgiving dinner this year.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Leg one of three weeks of travel. Five minutes in to my Lyft heading to the airport, flight is delayed. Though, still looks like I’ll make my connection to Austin.

On board, no one in middle seat. Yay! All people on board, flight attendant on the PA - is there a doctor on board? Oh great. Doctor gets up, goes to passenger. Apparently not too bad, paramedics came and went.

As we pull away from the gate...you guessed it. Screaming baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Leg one of three weeks of travel. Five minutes in to my Lyft heading to the airport, flight is delayed. Though, still looks like I’ll make my connection to Austin.

On board, no one in middle seat. Yay! All people on board, flight attendant on the PA - is there a doctor on board? Oh great. Doctor gets up, goes to passenger. Apparently not too bad, paramedics came and went.

As we pull away from the gate...you guessed it. Screaming baby.
                        It's like you have the worst luck with air travel.

Comment

Good afternoon Lodge.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            It's like you have the worst luck with air travel.
                            Got to Charlotte, saw my connecting gate was in the same terminal. Wahoo that never happens. Got to the gate, that flight is delayed. Sure, why not?

On board, last people to board are a young couple with a baby in a carrier and a toddler. Both are SCREAMING right now. And they’re in my row. Because of course they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                              Hello tLodge from the one who doesn't rule his own Roost.
                              ba-BOCK
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Got to Charlotte, saw my connecting gate was in the same terminal. Wahoo that never happens. Got to the gate, that flight is delayed. Sure, why not?

On board, last people to board are a young couple with a baby in a carrier and a toddler. Both are SCREAMING right now. And they’re in my row. Because of course they are.
                                If you have time, try Terry black's bbq. Easy walk across the river south of downtown. Or take a scooter
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X