Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    That seems to be the word, from what I'm hearing. Still glad y'all ok.
    I had about 2-3 hours of sleep last night because of them. My poor daughter is so nervous about them. I get twinge of anxiety when one hits, I know a bit of how my mother feels now.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      I had about 2-3 hours of sleep last night because of them. My poor daughter is so nervous about them. I get twinge of anxiety when one hits, I know a bit of how my mother feels now.
      I guess I can't even imagine that. We get tornadoes, that's about it. No comparison to earth shaking, and we get forewarned.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I guess I can't even imagine that. We get tornadoes, that's about it. No comparison to earth shaking, and we get forewarned.
        The sight and sound of large steel beams shuddering and shaking will be in my mind forever. The sound especially, the loud thundering of a powerful earthquake is simultaneously thrilling and terrifying.

On the flip side, the day after a 7.0 earthquake... I went to a mall and ate pizza with my family.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

On the flip side, the day after a 7.0 earthquake... I went to a mall and ate pizza with my family.
          This has got to be a top 10 AK (or CA) thing said ever.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

This has got to be a top 10 AK (or CA) thing said ever.
            Easily top 3.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Easily top 3.
              Fair enough.

Comment

On the other tiers of Mother Nature’s **** sandwich for Anchorage:

1. It was in the 40s causing melting and is now rapidly cooling and freezing said melting.
                2. We have a high wind warning in effect.
                3. They’re expecting snow tomorrow.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just curious, About how old is your daughter?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Sorry I have not been keeping up. A lot of issues going on. The first being that I have to find a way to convince my mom that she needs assisted living, or at least senior housing. After the Thanksgiving weekend, I have been wrapping my head around what to do. Do I find a place in Racine/Milwaukee, or move my parents to Minnesota? Second, my mom goes in for a biopsy tomorrow (if she doesn't cancel for the 3rd time) to see if a mast is cancerous or a calcium build up. Third, mom my called me to say my dad is in the hospital. He has diverticulosis and has been in and out of the hospital for the past 11 years. Last hospital stint was in 2011. At the moment, it is precautionary. No updates yet. With my dad in the hospital, my mom has to figure out a way to get to her appointment. I told her I can leave today, take tomorrow off, take her to her appointment and drive back home. It is only 360 miles one way. [/rant]
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Geez....glad Team AK is ok. Take care up dere, eh.

Last couple days have been amazing. All day private Nomandy / D-Day tour was amazing, sombering, and informative. We then spent the day/night on Mont-Saint-Michel which was a bucket list for both of us. Fantastic! Per my phone we climbed the equivalent of almost 50 stories both Saturday and Sunday! Just an amazing place and so glad we could do this.

We are now in Tours and will visit two Châteaus tomorrow, should be fun....and a bit over the top. 😀

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Just curious, About how old is your daughter?
                          She’s 9.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Comp died today. After 2 hours or so of trying to bring it back to life, I gave up. It was a 4 year run, the shortest run of my comps, but still a good run. Thankfully, was able to get another one on the way home after a fun afternoon of darts and football with some buds.

Comment

Chag Sameach, lodge.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                Chag Sameach, lodge.
                                Could I get a pronunciation on that, please? (serious) High shamay?

Comment

Working...
                                X