Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I did. This board was the first "social media" platform I joined, and all the others after that, I chose The Rube. Figured get them all in sync (minus Facebook).

Mornin', Lodge.
    I really should do that also. I assume that you can't do it yourself, and Board must do it for you.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I really should do that also. I assume that you can't do it yourself, and Board must do it for you.
      Correct. And it will take a while. I emailed them about a week ago, and it just got changed today.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        Been thinking about the same. Worried people are confusing it with twitch.tv (video game/art/whatever livestreaming site.) I know, I know, my lawyers are on it.

(I don't livestream - I'd love to try it, but I wouldn't be up for the task of sustaining an audience over time. Even the medium-ish names put in serious effort, and I can't sustain that.)
        Sent you a ridiculous Miata I saw at Lowe's the other night on FB messanger.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          Sent you a ridiculous Miata I saw at Lowe's the other night on FB messanger.
          I ducked the Zuck when I got my new phone.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Hi lodge. Been a while since I visited. Brent changing his username threw me for a loop this morning at work.

Also, I too track my PTO with a spreadsheet, only because it's quicker and easier open Google Drive from my phone than to find my work laptop to log into our time app (and the mobile version doesn't show PTO earned).

Taking two weeks off over Christmas and New Year, and I'll still have 10 days+ to use up plus what I continue to earn. My company decided to do away with the old policy of carrying over 40hrs max, and instead is adopting a rolling cap.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

All my time off comes from one giant pool, including vacation/sick/personal/holiday. It's some hospital thing I guess. This year was insanely busy so I didn't take much time off, so I've amassed like 120 hours of PTO by year's end. Fortunately we roll it over. I'd take some time next week but I'm on call this week and next. I'd take Christmas-New Years week off, but I have a big milestone of a project due 12/26.

Friggin healthcare. People need to stop getting sick at inconvenient (for me) times.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Correct. And it will take a while. I emailed them about a week ago, and it just got changed today.
                I've thought about changing mine. Don't know what I'd change it to though. Signed up when I was still in school and to make some comment related to the hockey band. I occasionally worry that my posts will somehow reflect on the band and sometimes find myself censoring my comments.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  I've thought about changing mine. Don't know what I'd change it to though. Signed up when I was still in school and to make some comment related to the hockey band. I occasionally worry that my posts will somehow reflect on the band and sometimes find myself censoring my comments.
                  For a long time people thought I was mocking SCSU, posting as a fan from another school. People will think whatever they like, you're not claiming anything to do with the current band.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It shouldn't be on mgmt to figure out how many days you have left. We earn per month, so we see our "projected balances" of PTO for the year, each month. I screwed up a little. I also don't like days off for no reason. Next year, I'll remedy that.

And so starts my 4 day weekend.
                    115+K posts and now a new man??!!
                    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    He changed his name!
                    I was all messed up when I saw this

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    All my time off comes from one giant pool, including vacation/sick/personal/holiday. It's some hospital thing I guess. This year was insanely busy so I didn't take much time off, so I've amassed like 120 hours of PTO by year's end. Fortunately we roll it over. I'd take some time next week but I'm on call this week and next. I'd take Christmas-New Years week off, but I have a big milestone of a project due 12/26.

Friggin healthcare. People need to stop getting sick at inconvenient (for me) times.
                    Can I just say how much teaching makes me happy, yet again!!

Happy Birthday bigblue_dl!!

Good Afternoon Lodge!

All sorts of new and rarely seen people in here today. Threw me off my stride.

Comment

I had to remind myself how to check rep. Man, I haven't been remotely active in a while. And there were a few people who really, really didn't like me.

Shrug.

Comment

It was probably the piercing.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Eh. Whatevs.

Comment

My work schedule is pretty black and white, so I just use the calendar on my phone.

Speaking of work, if we can just fast forward to Jan 3, that would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              Speaking of work, if we can just fast forward to Jan 3, that would be great.
                              No sir. I want my 2 weeks off.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                For a long time people thought I was mocking SCSU, posting as a fan from another school. People will think whatever they like, you're not claiming anything to do with the current band.
                                I thought you were going for self-deprecating humor.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X