Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

anyone @ NU who cares to watch the Warriors ahead of our rematch tomorrow.. Merrimack vs Providence will be on NESN tonight.
    Best to the Huskies for tomorrow, Go NU.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

sounds like a sloppy gm by NU up in Andover, thus far..
      'Mack hanging around & Huskies letting 'em.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

finally showing some life, early in the 3rd.
        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

win #10 tonight. 7-2 final.
          10-3-1 for the season thus far.
          better finish. will have a bit of a hiatus for the holidays (happy holidays all) & back at it at the Catamount Cup. Best to all the folks at the WJC and best to the team up in VT in a few weeks.
          Go Huskies
          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Its 2 points, I streamed it turned off the sound and listened to the NU Radio cast. My thoughts were came out ok, not great, in the 1st, played their worst period of the year in the 2nd and wore not skating at all, then Jim and Co. chewed there asses out during the 2nd intermission and they threw it in gear in the 3rd. Game was chippy as expected but I think we play them the 1st game back after the break at the barn, that should be a good game. I am happy with 13 points in 8 HE Conf. games I mean BU has 12 PTS but has played 12 games so far...BC, PC and UMASS will be the tests to win this leauge,so we have some good hockey to look forward too. I have never seen a team NU or any other that distributes the PTS each week like this team does, I really don;t think there is a super star but collectively its good fundamental hockey, they grind, there are some gifted players, not sure there is a graduation to NHL cal. player on the team though, mot sure we need one as long as we win. Nice job tonight. The only thing is the darn penalties are still insane, with the 5MM at the end tonight I think we had 23 mins, you can't win games like that when you are playing a good team and this team is far too retaliatory in taking them. They need to work on this or it will come back to haunt them!

Comment

I too find myself somewhat pleasantly surprised at where this team finds itself at the semester break. Generally agree with the comments offered in the previous two posts, especially WRT distributed scoring, but also find myself getting a bit concerned that Primeau seems increasingly prone to letting in at least one softie per game, especially from long distance and to the short side. Also, and with due respect to his backchecking work, still looking for Matt Filipe to catch fire.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Recap: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...ks-zach-solow/

Comment

yes.. (besides gm recap, thx) you saved the best news for last.. the new videoboard.. ready for the New Yr.. nice!
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

ICYMI, Northeastern now has an alum in the US Hockey Hall of Fame. David Poile, captain of the 1969-70 team and current GM of the Nashville Predators was inducted last night. Congratulations would seem to be in order.

Comment

Took in the Lawrence Academy at Belmont Hill game last Saturday afternoon. LA won in OT, 4-3. LA should have probably lost the game but for NU commit Sam Colangelo. Colangelo scored three goals. His shot is College ready and his skating isn't far behind. 2020 recruit.

Comment

• ZAR with big gm tonight for Pittsburgh (2 g), as Pens halt the Bs winning streak, final 5-3.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Forward Brandon Schultz has left the program.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                            Forward Brandon Schultz has left the program.
                            .. tough with the injuries early, best with this tsfr to NMU if that's where he ends up indeed.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              .. tough with the injuries early, best with this tsfr to NMU if that's where he ends up indeed.
                              I know previous to being in Florida he was from Michigan, so perhaps he'll feel more at home up there. Best of luck to him in any event. #freshstart

Comment

It's not so much a matter of where he'll feel more at home but where he'll get more playing time. Obviously, there have been some conversations with the NMU people, who probably need the depth more than does NU at this point. All the best to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X