Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    What was really ugly (unless my eyes deceived me) was Scott Borek stomping off at the end of the game and refusing to shake hands with the NU coaches. Not their fault for Bo starting an untested goalie against the #2 team in the league and having a defense that put two goals in their own net. Barring something else that happened out of sight, not the classiest move I've seen.
    they shook hands at center ice, I saw it. all the coaches did
    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      Simply amazing how NU has become a model of stability over the past few years while the wheels seem to be wobbling on Comm. Ave. (especially the far end).
      Pretty much ! Take advantage of it and keep winning trophies while the two Comm Ave schools can’t get out of their own way .

Comment

Borek did shake hands quickly. Very quick interaction. As Borek was heading for the tunnel, Madigan did say something to him and Borek looked back while he kept walking. My impression is that Borek was mostly steamed at his teams performance. There were times last night when I wondered if Merrimack was really THAT bad or if the effort just wasn't there. I also wondered why Borek didn't pull the starter after the third goal? You might make a game of it if you make the switch at 3-1. At 5-1? Not likely. In the middle of the second period, things were so one sided that I expected Borek to use his TO to give his team a talking to. Next two League games are against Merrimack. Will be interesting to see how that team responds.

Comment

• Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
          Next two League games are against Merrimack. Will be interesting to see how that team responds.
          they will respond strong, especially at home. we had better be prepared, stay humble & stay hungry. Coaches need to remind team at practices, all week nxt week. And no way should fatigue be a factor with these 1 gm weekends.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Last time NU scored 9, was a 9-0 win on 2/13/2015 against UConn. I was hoping they would get 10, last time they scored 10, was 10/11/2002 also against UConn.
            Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
            —H. L. Mencken

Comment

from ZooMass to TrueMass.. Massachusetts is the #1 ranked team in the country.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Recap of MC Game 1

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...andon-hawkins/
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                  thorough recap, thx. Fully expect Pantano to start the nxt gm for them. I think it will be a competitive outing this time around.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be chippy game, given the fact that the Mack players must be thinking "Payback" after being on the receiving end of a 9-spot last week. And if that's not enough, Scott Borek looked to be anything but a happy camper. But a chippy game could work to NU's advantage if they stay disciplined, let Mack take the retribution penalties, and turn the power play loose.
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• this for bit further down the road (full roster to be announced Wed).. but per Jeff Cox, looks like Cayden Primeau from NU & Spencer Knight from NTDP are locks for the WJC @ goalie, with 1 more G to be determined.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Post on the Lowell board says NU picked up a commitment from Connor Murphy of the Carleton Place Canadians, a CCHL team. Murphy is a goalie.

Comment

Madden is also expected to make the WJC camp at very least.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                            Madden is also expected to make the WJC camp at very least.

Madden did make the Preliminary Roster - great opportunity for him.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/s...wjc-u-s-roster

Comment

• Originally posted by scorer View Post
                              Madden did make the Preliminary Roster - great opportunity for him.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/s...wjc-u-s-roster
                              That is awesome. I did not realize he was a candidate. Will do great, best to Primeau & him! (and Keefer)
                              Go Huskies
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

So NU will be down an Assistant Coach (Keefe), starting goalie (Primeau), and top line forward (Madden) for the Catamount Cup and the Jan 5 home game vs Merrimack. A potential problem but a happy problem. Good opportunity for others to emerge.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X