No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally, they beat Lekkas. Hold serve, let's go!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

As sloppy as UVM's powerplay is.. NU's didnt fare much better in the couple chances they got tonight.
      Matt Filipe is truly in a funk right now; not making anything happen out there. Almost looks out of place. Maybe the break will do him good. Oh & we had another 3 on 1 for naught.

Well, a win's a win.. & especially on the road. Nice going team, Happy Thanksgiving all.
      Last edited by northeastern; 11-16-2018, 08:35 PM. Reason: Edit: Congrats to Primeau on the shutout.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Vermont just plays such a BORING style of hockey. Always has as long as I've watched. Not particularly skilled to move the puck well, not overly big to play physical. Just...blah. Not even a strong forecheck or cycle like they've had in years past.

Good game by Primeau, good rebound goal by Solow. only 3 SOG against on the PK, which is great.

2 points, good stuff, on to Thanksgiving dinners and then RIT

Recap: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...iens-montreal/
        Last edited by NU_Husky; 11-17-2018, 10:52 AM.
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Zach Aston Reece with a goal for the Penguins tonight. Nice to see him back in the mix after his injury.
          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

when is that new video board coming?..
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              when is that new video board coming?..
              Allegedly end of December, ahead of the second half of the season. Not sure when they plan on installing it since basketball has home games Dec 21/28 and 30, but hockey is done at home after Nov 30.
              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                ...Not sure when they plan on installing it since basketball has home games Dec 21/28 and 30, but hockey is done at home after Nov 30.
                If I'm reading schedules correctly, the calendar is open between Dec 2 and 20, except for a Dec 8 hoops date with Oakland. I'm guessing the construction crews will go to work on Dec 3 and find some way to work around the Dec 8 commitment.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

thx for the responses. would love to see it in time for the January home gms.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• game day.. Go Huskies!
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Forgot to post here. Our preview of RIT, who is one spot ahead of us in the PWR right now. Good goalie, top-heavy scoring.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ga...eal-canadiens/
                      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• the 2 goal lead living up to its reputation.

absolutely a lazy & atrocious 2nd period by NU thus far, kudos to RIT for capitalizing.

well, hope least the turkey was good.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• turkey was good.. that 3rd period was better.

(again, kudos to RIT for no quit.. or to the Huskies for that matter)..

Good character comeback W.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• and to make the holiday wknd even better for Howlin Husky Nation, Adam Gaudette with his frist NHL goal tonight for the Canucks. Put that one to bed!.. way to go Huskies!

GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Maybe it's by design to clog the shooting lanes or something but I'm not a fan of NU getting pinned in its own zone during PK and EA situations. Many thanks to RIT for te wake-up call.
                              Last edited by Split-N; 11-24-2018, 11:31 PM.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I didn't make it in to town tonight but my son's went as they both can walk to the rink now from their homes, this Thanksgiving weekend game is always kind of a subdued spot in the schedule with many of the students home, subdued like NU's second period. I streamed a one camera grainy stream to see them turn it on in the 3rd for another come form behind win. I am not sure I like this playing well period one and having it all fall apart period two blueprint that requires draconian efforts in the third as I am not sure it can be sustained. Anyway it's a nice W before the Merrimack series next week. BTW Gaudette's potted NHL#1 tonight but the pass was a gift from his wing that said it was pretty sweet cely!

Comment

Working...
                                X