X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by Elbowing View Post
    Good hard fought win for BU.

Does anyone know why the BU coach denied the local host broadcast crew an interview after the 1st period? Based on announcers, he was too upset with the team’s play. During the friendship four tournament to expose hockey in Ireland? If so, that’s a little immature and unprofessional for the occasion, not to mention it’s a college hockey game in November. Get over yourself.
    I think you are being a little harsh. If you want to send a message to the team about how they played in the first period, not being able to address it as soon as they are in the locker room makes it a more challenging message in my opinion (I'm assuming the interview was to be right after the period ended, I could be wrong). Yes this is a "friendly" tournament, but two conference points were up for grabs, and the team would have been that much closer (with a loss) to being out of the NCAA picture - not what a first year coach wants.

And for what it's worth, it sounds like his message got through effectively.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
      Any word on why Jake Wise sat out 2nd and 3rd periods? He was on the bench.
      The Chicago Steel ADDED Wise today. Doesn’t guarantee he’s leaving BU.....but?
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        The USHL seems to be making a bunch of speculative adds lately.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Hard to be too upset about the loss. If they can continue the high energy and fast pace for the vast majority of the game like they did tonight, I like their chances. They won’t always get robbed by an unconscious goalie.
          Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
            Hard to be too upset about the loss. If they can continue the high energy and fast pace for the vast majority of the game like they did tonight, I like their chances. They won’t always get robbed by an unconscious goalie.
            The stop with 20 seconds left was highway robbery. Very well played game by both sides that could've gone in either direction. Union got the extra bounce their way on that first goal, so a tip of the cap to them.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

oh no!!! we stink again!!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                The stop with 20 seconds left was highway robbery. Very well played game by both sides that could've gone in either direction. Union got the extra bounce their way on that first goal, so a tip of the cap to them.
                With BU’s record well played games aren’t enough. I don’t call that save on Amonte “robbery” he shoveled the puck into the goalies pad that was already in place. Needed to lift the puck. BU benefitted from a huge ice surface with their skating ability but still only put in 4 goals on the weekend same as last weekend. Team needs some finishers very inept in that category. An angry BC team could bury them next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  An angry BC team could bury them next weekend.
                  I come here for the comedy.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    I come here for the comedy.

Just make Sure you tip mookie well
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

A few quick observations after watching the 3rd period yesterday.
                      • Until they improve their ability to finish, this is a .500 team. Three golden opportunities late, but just didn't have enough skill/mustard to put the puck in the net.
                      • Irish College Hockey Fans >>> Boston Area College Hockey fans (That building looked 90% full.)
                      • I loved the enthusiasm of the announcers. I felt like it was a National Championship game. And oh, that Irish accent #Gold
                      • Over/Under on crowd size Friday at HAA? I'm setting it at 4.9k. I'm taking the under.

BU Hockey: When Irish Eyes are Frowning
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Until they improve their ability to finish, this is a .500 team. Three golden opportunities late, but just didn't have enough skill/mustard to put the puck in the net.
                        Agreed. As I think about it, did they score ANY goals from further than five feet in front of the net off of a scramble? Seriously. There are no snipers on this team that can get you a quick one. I WILL give them credit for how hard they played; it seemed as though they were skating and playing fast, especially the puck movement on the PP. Better than early in the season. But they just don't have any natural scorers that can consistently put the puck in the net.

A few quick observations after watching the 3rd period yesterday.Irish College Hockey Fans >>> Boston Area College Hockey fans (That building looked 90% full.)
                        Not sure about the 90%. I think a lot of the upper seating and ends were empty, but I get your point. There was a lot of enthusiasm. Scarlet would be able to confirm...I believe she was there?

I loved the enthusiasm of the announcers. I felt like it was a National Championship game. And oh, that Irish accent #Gold
                        Absolutely. I thought they did a great job. They obviously have a passion for the game and are eager to promote it.

Over/Under on crowd size Friday at HAA? I'm setting it at 4.9k. I'm taking the under.
                        Yeah...me too...

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          I wonder if these adds are academic-related speculations (I have no info whatsoever, just trying to figure out what is going on). Two high draft picks added to a league that would do very little for their development. Sure, neither Wahlstrom or Wise are lighting it up at the moment, but for some players there is a definite adjustment period.

As someone pointed out, Farrance was added last year and nothing came of it. I don't know what the "cost" is to add a player. Perhaps very little, so it is worth just taking a flyer.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Not sure about the 90%. I think a lot of the upper seating and ends were empty, but I get your point. There was a lot of enthusiasm. Scarlet would be able to confirm...I believe she was there? Absolutely. I thought they did a great job. They obviously have a passion for the game and are eager to promote it.
                            It definitely was not full, but the games were very well attended. They bused in a lot of children from schools in the area for the games and they seemed to really enjoy themselves.

The enthusiasm that was heard on the broadcast, and the same enthusiasm from the locals in the arena, was much more a testament to their sheer joy for having four teams from the USA there. Those could've been four exhibition games between any four NCAA teams and I think everyone there and on the broadcast would've had the same level of enthusiasm.

For a city trying to promote itself as a tourist destination, after being considered one of the unsafest places in the world as recently as two decades ago, it was incredibly heartening to see how much respect and gratitude they had that teams and fans from the USA would visit their hometown and play in this tournament. That was palpable all weekend in the arena. The locals genuinely loved the sport of hockey, despite being so far removed from a high-level professional league. I was asked multiple times what it was like to see hockey in the US and told how much they follow the NHL and love it.

It was a phenomenal event and I'd 100% go back again if BU played in it. This kind of event is precisely the kind of "grow the game" thing hockey needs more of, not a gimmick event whatsoever.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              It was a phenomenal event and I'd 100% go back again if BU played in it. This kind of event is precisely the kind of "grow the game" thing hockey needs more of, not a gimmick event whatsoever.
                              That's good to hear!

Comment

• Over/Under on crowd size Friday at HAA? I'm setting it at 4.9k. I'm taking the under.
                                I'll take the over (by a tiny bit). As of this moment, there are dozens and dozens of tickets available on the Ticketmaster site.

Comment

Working...
                                X