X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Prawdzik gets his first start tonight. Defense unchanged. Some line reshuffling.
    And he lasted all of 3 minutes and 11 seconds, giving up two goals.

Nico Lynch, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

Nico Lynch, anyone?
      Rico Suave?

Rico? Suave!

Comment

Wow, these announcers for the BU-NU game on NESN ... can they get much more droll? They are horrible.
        And the poor sideline reporter ... yikes! Feel bad for her. She is more nervous than a BU defenseman infront of his own net with the puck.
        And it is a pretty entertaining game, otherwise.

Is it a Northeastern production, rather than a NESN production?
        Whatever, they need Red Bull as a sponsor.

Comment

This is a Northeastern production

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            This is a Northeastern production
            It was certainly an NU broadcast product! Nonetheless, quite a bit to feel good about for a change. Good pressure on the puck, dogged pursuit, some nice play-making and much improved puck possessions. Maybe we're starting to get it together. I almost didn't watch, the past performances having been so depressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
              Wow, these announcers for the BU-NU game on NESN ... can they get much more droll? They are horrible.
              And the poor sideline reporter ... yikes! Feel bad for her. She is more nervous than a BU defenseman infront of his own net with the puck.

The sideline girl said she was an “alumni” of Northeastern. I assume not an English Major.

Comment

FWIW I’ve long thought our announce team lacked any flair, volume, or bravado you’d come to expect for a team’s nightly commentator. I agree with the droll comment. I was there live but have heard them enough on the radio to imagine how it was.

Good game to BU. Lots of skill, size, chippiness, and swings of momentum. Exactly what I’ve come to expect from these games. See y’all again Saturday. If Albie wants to see how Prawdzik does with a little more leash, that would be cool too
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  The sideline girl said she was an “alumni” of Northeastern. I assume not an English Major.
                  It is Northeastern … so it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                    It is Northeastern … so it is possible.
                    ha, ha.. its good to see that you complain about the freep reporters & ours, ..equally.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Nico Lynch, anyone?
                      Big mistake by the coaches to give Jake the night off on the road here, have to do that at home instead of in a raucous road venue. Credit to them though for quickly realizing the error and making the change before it was out of hand.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Big mistake by the coaches to give Jake the night off on the road here, have to do that at home instead of in a raucous road venue..
                        fire Albie!.. oh sorry, i stole BU Fan 84s thunder
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Agreed there was a lot to like, and picking up a point at Matthews is not an easy task these days, especially after falling down 2-0 so quickly.
                          - That being said, the turnovers were maddening throughout, though more in the first half. Farrance had multiple turnovers in the offensive zone, trying to do too much. Krys with a terrible pass trying to exit the d-zone intercepted at the blue line. Wise with a "drive your coach crazy" blind drop pass at the blue line that turned into a rush the other way.
                          - Kotkansalo made the bad failed pinch play that led to NUs 5th goal (I think). And Wise failed to cover his man on the second goal. So lots of things to improve on for sure.
                          - A couple tough breaks: Bowers going just a little too far on the aggressive penalty kill forecheck that looked so good but turned into a 5-on-3 and the tying goal. And the play that ended with Oettinger sprawled across the crease and the puck under him started when the ref couldn't get out of the way of three Terriers breaking out of the zone and it stayed in for about 60 seconds
                          - 50 shots on net is certainly a big improvement from the lack of offensive flow we've seen the last two games.
                          - I thought Harper looked much better.
                          - 4th line saw very little time down the stretch. Kudos to the coaches for seeing the offensive rhythm the other lines were getting in and running with them.
                          - Blixt also saw very limited action.
                          - A nice spread of offense: out of 14 points awarded (5 goals, 9 assists), only Fabbro and Bobo had 2 point nights.

Now we need a win!
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                            Sounds like you’re looking for a Latin major.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                              Sounds like you’re looking for a Latin major.
                              Unfortunately, the days of folks recognizing the gender, and singular/plural, distinctions between 'Alumnus,' 'Alumni', 'Alumna' and the now almost obscure 'Alumnae', are almost gone.

Classical educations, R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                                Unfortunately, the days of folks recognizing the gender, and singular/plural, distinctions between 'Alumnus,' 'Alumni', 'Alumna' and the now almost obscure 'Alumnae', are almost gone.

Classical educations, R.I.P.
                                +1 it's/its less/fewer loose/lose ...and many more...

Comment

Working...
                                X