X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    I would say you are more like a "the glass hasn't had a drop of water in more than 20 years" kind of guy.
    I suspect March 29, 1998 might be the date on Jofa's BU Hockey tombstone...The day UNH beat BU in OT in the Regional Final in Albany, and the last game of Chris Drury's legendary BU career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
      I suspect March 29, 1998 might be the date on Jofa's BU Hockey tombstone...The day UNH beat BU in OT in the Regional Final in Albany, and the last game of Chris Drury's legendary BU career.
      Good one yes I do think of that game as end of an era for me starting in 1971. With Drury Poti OConnell Cavanaugh Degerman LaRouque they were still 28-7 and a #1 regional seed but not the team they had been for most if not all of the 90s then bottomed out shortly after. That was the first year BC started their comeback and it’s been painful ever since as they surpassed us for the #1 program in the East .The 80s were spotty and even in the good years with Cullen Young Cleon Marshall they didn’t get to the Final 4. But nonetheless the hockey was exciting, uptempo and WBA rocking.

Comment

would (could) it not have been the weekend before that when mack came to wba and won the best of 3 series? bu had to then worry about getting the #1 seed.... and the rest was history.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          would (could) it not have been the weekend before that when mack came to wba and won the best of 3 series? bu had to then worry about getting the #1 seed.... and the rest was history.
          Point, mookie!

That HE QF series vs. Merrimack was indeed the precursor.

On a different note, attendance for tonight's game...Over/under on 3,100?

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
            Point, mookie!

That HE QF series vs. Merrimack was indeed the precursor.

On a different note, attendance for tonight's game...Over/under on 3,100?
            Oh my God, you read my mind! I came on here to post some over/unders. I like your attendance #.

Over/under attendance - 3,100 (I'm taking the under. December break/mediocre team/LOLowel = ZZZZ
            Over/under total Goals - 3.5. I'm taking the under (This game as 2-1 written all over it.)
            Over/under Goals scored by the 3rd or 4th line. 0.5. I'm taking the under

BU Hockey: Under the Weather

PS: That Mack attack at WBA still hurts. Ron Anderson's best moment as a coach. He skated 2 lines that entire weekend and pulled it off.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Even the one game BU won that weekend was nothing pretty. Wish Merrimack could've done more with that victory when they headed to the Garden.

Question for Rogie (probably should email you but if you don't have an answer, maybe someone else here does) - Dave Tomlinson reached out to me that a broadcast friend of his has some radio recording footage of goalie Dan Brady playing in an exhibition game against the Montreal Canadiens and thought Dan would like to have it. Do you happen to have an email for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Question for Rogie (probably should email you but if you don't have an answer, maybe someone else here does) - Dave Tomlinson reached out to me that a broadcast friend of his has some radio recording footage of goalie Dan Brady playing in an exhibition game against the Montreal Canadiens and thought Dan would like to have it. Do you happen to have an email for him?
                I know someone who has Dan's email. Will send info to you. Brady was M.O.P. of the 1971 NCAA championships, BU's first title. Some good save sequences shown in the championship game video. Compare his tiny pads to the whitewater-raft sized pads used today.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Thank you mookie for that wonderful memory! Ron Anderson's swan song. MC's Rejean Stringer hardly ever left the ice, and Tom Welby came up huge in net.
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Over/under total Goals - 3.5. I'm taking the under (This game as 2-1 written all over it.)
                    Over/under Goals scored by the 3rd or 4th line. 0.5. I'm taking the under
                    Take the NU series out of the mix and BU has scored a paltry 18 goals in their other 11 games. Have been shut out 3x and scored 1 goal 3x. That's 3 goals total in nearly half of the team's 13 games.

Comment

No Jake Wise.
                      Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                        No Jake Wise.
                        He and Krys listed as injured.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Completely disagree. Jake hasn't given up more than 3 goals in a game since the PC debacle in October and played outstanding in Ireland and both BC games. He's been one of the few bright spots of late.
                          Lowell's 3rd and 4th goals called....

Ooof.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            He and Krys listed as injured.
                            Twitter says Krys is out for the rest of the Semester. Odd way to put it (that's two games.)

https://***********/BOShockeyblog/st...42282177847296
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

The under wins.

Comment

Oh, and putting Cloonan on the ice the last 3 minutes of a one-goal game is a fireable offense.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X