BGSU Falcons 2018-19 - The length of Lake Erie from Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BGSU Falcons 2018-19 - The length of Lake Erie from Buffalo

2-2 tie with the Buckeyes tonight. They came at us with everything they had. We struggled at the beginning but as the game wore on our play improved and we hung in there for the tie. We'll take it. Beat Western last Tuesday then a win and tie with OSU. Good week. Very good week. Next up is Northern in a revenge series from last year's playoffs. Roll along!

Edit - Oh...and a sellout crowd tonight.

Comment

After the game the ref admitted he blew the call against Ohio State on the faceoff violation. Most BG fans seemed to think OSU won the non call battle but that penalty sure made up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        After the game the ref admitted he blew the call against Ohio State on the faceoff violation. Most BG fans seemed to think OSU won the non call battle but that penalty sure made up for it.
        I still don't get what that call was about. No one in our immediate area could figure it out either.

Comment

Nice job, folks. A win and a tie against a B1G team will certainly help the conference in the Pairwise later on.
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
            I still don't get what that call was about. No one in our immediate area could figure it out either.
            On TV, it looked like he tried to cover the puck when he fell down. Puck was very near his hands. But it's ok, he made up for it with the no call on the charging the goaltender and subsequent faceoff location. The stripes will make this a very frustrating season.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
              Nice job, folks. A win and a tie against a B1G team will certainly help the conference in the Pairwise later on.
              Don't forget that our week started on Tuesday with a Nacho sweep. We finally held up our end of the OOC bargain for the league despite not showing up for that first RMU game.

Comment

So we kill and then tie Ohio State and they stay two spots ahead of us in the rankings......LOL....what a joke.

I know the polls are meaningless as far as the tourney, but it just shows WHY college hockey had to go to the Pairwise.......

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
                  So we kill and then tie Ohio State and they stay two spots ahead of us in the rankings......LOL....what a joke.

I know the polls are meaningless as far as the tourney, but it just shows WHY college hockey had to go to the Pairwise.......
                  Same thing happened when BSU took a win and a tie off of UND. The Hawks stayed in the top 20, BSU received a few votes.
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Love this breakdown of Max Johnson's between-the-legs goal against WMU.

Comment

For me personally, I don't hate Tech or Tech fans. I am both amused by and jealous of Tech fans. Nothing it seems stops them from making dumb, eye rolling comments about their team.
                      That's me. 😃

We owe you for your non conference work. Impressive.

I personally like your arena and fans. Fun place to visit and everyone was friendly.

Comment

I'm having problems with BGSU's TicketBastard site... It won't load tonight's game for me...

Is there any chance of a sellout? The team is obviously riding high and it was mentioned that tOSU sold out (rivalry game). Just wondering what kind of crowds lowly NMU will bring in... Don't need anything fancy, just need to be in the door

Decided to make this trip on a whim and don't want to drive 3 hours to find nothing available
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          I'm having problems with BGSU's TicketBastard site... It won't load tonight's game for me...

Is there any chance of a sellout? The team is obviously riding high and it was mentioned that tOSU sold out (rivalry game). Just wondering what kind of crowds lowly NMU will bring in... Don't need anything fancy, just need to be in the door

Decided to make this trip on a whim and don't want to drive 3 hours to find nothing available
                          You'll be fine. Enjoy the game!

Comment

Cool... Thanks for the reply!

Looking forward to checking Slater off the list

It'll be interesting to see if you guys are the real deal. It's early but you've got quite the resume to start the year.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Tolvanen out-dueled Bednard on Saturday. PP was 0-fer on the weekend. Potulny and the coaching staff consumed a lot of film on us throughout this past week. On to Anchorage.

Comment

Tolvanen out-dueled Bednard on Saturday. PP was 0-fer on the weekend. Potulny and the coaching staff consumed a lot of film on us throughout this past week. On to Anchorage.
                                Potulny & his staff consume a lot of video on every team. Every coach does. Enjoyed the weekend at BG, always do. Coach Bergeron and the BG staff are always a pleasure to deal with and it’s always great to catch up with BG staff and fans I’ve met over the years. Thanks for the great hospitality BG, hope some of you can make it up to Marquette in February.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X