Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    If you didn’t enjoy that game, you just don’t like college hockey.
    Seriously. That was high level, skilled hockey. Really fun to watch, and both teams are extremely well coached.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Lots of good, some stuff that can get cleaned up but can't ask for a better start. Hate losing 3 goal lead but love the response.

Looking forward to UND games.

Those uni's are the best ive seen in my 18 years watching them
      Last edited by MavsFan19; 10-13-2018, 10:16 PM.
      All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Broooooooms!!!!!! GIGANTIC weekend.
        AF 99

Comment

Great start to the season!
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Another big weekend. Not sure UND is the juggernaut they have been in the past especially at home but always a good team.

Anyone have an insider as to whether they will auction off those 3rd jerseys. I'd love just to be able to go to the bookstore and buy one but I don't foresee that happening. Definitely a huge hit with anyone that seen them. Even got a mike madano comment on twitter.
            All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
              Another big weekend. Not sure UND is the juggernaut they have been in the past especially at home but always a good team.

Anyone have an insider as to whether they will auction off those 3rd jerseys. I'd love just to be able to go to the bookstore and buy one but I don't foresee that happening. Definitely a huge hit with anyone that seen them. Even got a mike madano comment on twitter.
              I am not a Maverick fan, but those old school jerseys are nice! But I am a sucker for the old school, classic looks. I even liked Tech's cream colored ones last year.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Those MSU jerseys are MASSIVE upgrade. Can't wait to see them in person in Az and Mankato.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post

I believe they will — don’t outbid me
                  AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    I believe they will — don’t outbid me
                    I already told the wife that it's going to cost me a pretty penny to get one of those. I have to think though that given how popular they seem to be with everyone I've talked to making them and selling them at the bookstore might generate more Revenue because people will still bid high on game-worn versions

Comment

Big weekend in Grand Forks. Need a split, but a sweep would be huge.
                      AF 99

Comment

Big weekend in Grand Forks. Need a split, but a sweep would be huge.
                        UND can't score. Just put up 3 a game and victory is yours.
                        "My greatest achievement."
                        Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                          UND can't score. Just put up 3 a game and victory is yours.
                          Well, 6 through 2 periods...
                          AF 99

Comment

Well, 6 through 2 periods...
                            Saw the highlights on YouTube. Some really nice goals. Tuomies little pass on i think #4 goal was a great heads up touch pass. A lot of players might have taken a shot there.

Good win for uson the road though.

Listened to Hastings interview on inside college hockey. Your usual interview but a couple things. 1. We are playing duluth the next 4 years if i understood him correctly which is understandable as Sandelin son i assume will be here then. 2. He talked about wanting not only good players but good character guys. Which he's done. Last year when CJ left my son wrote him a letter wishing him luck. CJ is his favorite player and i thought it wouldnt go anywhere but would make him feel better. Well his teacher knows Hastings who got it to CJ in winipeg who then took a picture of himself with it and sent it back for my son to see that he got it. He was floored. It made his year. Not every guy does that but i think it shows the type of character hastings is and his player are. I'm eternally grateful for that.
                            Last edited by MavsFan19; 10-20-2018, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Great to see the PP respond after giving up two quick ones this evening.
                              AF 99

Comment

Great to see the PP respond after giving up two quick ones this evening.
                                Pretty good pace — I really love how the Mavs just continue pushing when they see a little adversity. Next goal is a big one.
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X