Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Registered Loser

Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Big weekend in Grand Forks. Need a split, but a sweep would be huge.
    UND can't score. Just put up 3 a game and victory is yours.
    "My greatest achievement."
    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Quote Originally Posted by darker98 View Post
    UND can't score. Just put up 3 a game and victory is yours.
    Well, 6 through 2 periods...

Well, 6 through 2 periods...
    Saw the highlights on YouTube. Some really nice goals. Tuomies little pass on i think #4 goal was a great heads up touch pass. A lot of players might have taken a shot there.

Good win for uson the road though.

Listened to Hastings interview on inside college hockey. Your usual interview but a couple things. 1. We are playing duluth the next 4 years if i understood him correctly which is understandable as Sandelin son i assume will be here then. 2. He talked about wanting not only good players but good character guys. Which he's done. Last year when CJ left my son wrote him a letter wishing him luck. CJ is his favorite player and i thought it wouldnt go anywhere but would make him feel better. Well his teacher knows Hastings who got it to CJ in winipeg who then took a picture of himself with it and sent it back for my son to see that he got it. He was floored. It made his year. Not every guy does that but i think it shows the type of character hastings is and his player are. I'm eternally grateful for that.
    Last edited by MavsFan19; 10-20-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Great to see the PP respond after giving up two quick ones this evening.

Great to see the PP respond after giving up two quick ones this evening.
    Pretty good pace ó I really love how the Mavs just continue pushing when they see a little adversity. Next goal is a big one.

Sloppy period for the most part outta the Mavs. Few good chances the last couple of minutes, but need to get the PP rolling now.

Sloppy period for the most part outta the Mavs. Few good chances the last couple of minutes, but need to get the PP rolling now.
    Or no shots on goal instead...

Or no shots on goal instead...
    SHORTY!!!

What a HUGE goal to end that period. .4 seconds remaining.

3-3 end of 2, and the Mavs with a big response. Remarkable.

Mavs need to play more 5 on 5. Speed and possession game is working, just need to keep pushing.
    Last edited by MavHockey14; 10-20-2018 at 08:44 PM.

McKay likely wants that one back. Tough one to give up ó looked a lot like the one BU gave the Mavs last week.

Well, sweep at home, split on the road.

3-1 through the first 4, I think weíd have taken that before the season started.

Time to head home and get 2 WCHA wins.

Well, sweep at home, split on the road.

3-1 through the first 4, I think weíd have taken that before the season started.

Time to head home and get 2 WCHA wins.
    UND is lucky, l-u-c-k-y to get the W. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Goalie giftwrapped the GWG. Will take it though.

Mankato is good. As much as Iíve been frustrated watching UND this weekend, I was impressed by MSUís play. Really good team. I wish UND had a PP like MSUís!

Iím planning on going to Mankato for the games next year and really looking forward to it. Despite UNDís play, atmosphere-wise, it felt like these two teams have been playing every single season since realignment.
    Last edited by SiouxFanatic; 10-21-2018 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    UND is lucky, l-u-c-k-y to get the W. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Goalie giftwrapped the GWG. Will take it though.

Mankato is good. As much as Iíve been frustrated watching UND this weekend, I was impressed by MSUís play. Really good team. I wish UND had a PP like MSUís!

Iím planning on going to Mankato for the games next year and really looking forward to it. Despite UNDís play, atmosphere-wise, it felt like these two teams have been playing every single season since realignment.

Yea it was a tough one to give up but hopefully a mistake learned now and not to be repeated at a more important time like NCAAs.
    A split feels worse now because i feel like they could and should have tied/won last night. Things to clean up and i think as the season goes McKay will become more solid. Hes playing well but there are some plays i bet he wishes he could have back in all starts.
    Alaska at home. Need to win both. Important to beat the teams we should and not overlook these two games. Alaska plays is tough.
    3-1-0 is a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan19 View Post
    Yea it was a tough one to give up but hopefully a mistake learned now and not to be repeated at a more important time like NCAAs.
    A split feels worse now because i feel like they could and should have tied/won last night. Things to clean up and i think as the season goes McKay will become more solid. Hes playing well but there are some plays i bet he wishes he could have back in all starts.
    Alaska at home. Need to win both. Important to beat the teams we should and not overlook these two games. Alaska plays is tough.
    3-1-0 is a good start.
    Not to get off subject, but does anyone know anything on who the Mavs are recruiting? If so can someone post plz. Go Mavs.

Thread Information