Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Alright folks, what are the expectations for everyone this year?
    3 big (mostly obvious) question marks - 1. Who's in goal?; 2. Who picks up CJ and Zeb's 86 points from last year?; 3. Who steps up and fills Brickley's skates?

If we play the solid D we usually play, #1 may not be that big of a deal. I'm not saying anyone can be our goalie when we're playing the way we want to play, but I am saying that several people could be our goalie when we're playing the way we want to play. As far as #2, I don't think we'll have a real breakout Freshman, so who internally can step up? Is this the year Gerard goes from just a guy who can skate fast to a guy who presents a threat out there? Spooner, maybe? I think Tuomie and Jaremko will have big years, but they had big years last year, so there isn't a whole lot more we can realistically expect from them. We're probably going to have to win a lot more 1 goal games in order to be very successful. As for #3, I think Mackey still has a lot of unexplored up side. He won't be Brickley, but I think he'll be pretty darn good. Also, Zmolek has untapped offensive potential.

If we can kinda/sorta answer those questions, I think we'll be right in the thick of a 3 or 4 team race for the MacNaughton, and with NCAA hopes if we go 4-4 or better nonconference

Comment

Is it generally cold (compared to a normal hockey rink) in your arena?
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Is it generally cold (compared to a normal hockey rink) in your arena?
        Nope, and they sell booze to warm you up
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Alright folks, what are the expectations for everyone this year?
          I expect them to be good but i do worry about the 1st month. We play some good teams and we could easily play well and be 2-6 or 2-5-1. Starting off bad could lead to a sluggish season.

I see this team as having a season like 2016/17 where they lose games they shouldn't but still have a good season.

Like others said who steps up. If toumie steps up and lutz/jaremko continue to get better we could be better then i expect.

Personally just having boston in town makes this a good start to the season. We now get great nonconference games and I'm excited for it. I hope fans understand that this teams success had allowed for this.
          All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Unlike Scarlet and brassbonanza, this BU fan is not making the trek. Do you guys stream your games?
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              Unlike Scarlet and brassbonanza, this BU fan is not making the trek. Do you guys stream your games?
              I've never tried it since I'm at every home game, but you can try it at game time. Go to https://msumavericks.com/index.aspx?path=mhockey and click on the "more" pull-down menu. It says there's live video of home games.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                I've never tried it since I'm at every home game, but you can try it at game time. Go to https://msumavericks.com/index.aspx?path=mhockey and click on the "more" pull-down menu. It says there's live video of home games.
                More is good
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  More is good
                  Yes, they should play the local TV feed. — if not, WCHA TV should have the game, likely for a fee.
                  AF 99

Comment

Those 50 year jerseys are awesome. Who ever decided on this years uni's hit a homerun. Anyone have insider information as to whether those will be auctioned off. I want one
                    All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Comment

Well done, men! When Tuomie is good, boy is he good!

Comment

I think I still like the gold one best, but that third is beautiful. Very International Falls.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          Well done, men! When Tuomie is good, boy is he good!
                          I liked what i saw but still when a team vets only 21 shots on net you cant let 3 in. 2nd and 3rd we gave up only 10 or so shots. Need to clean that up

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                            I liked what i saw but still when a team vets only 21 shots on net you cant let 3 in. 2nd and 3rd we gave up only 10 or so shots. Need to clean that up
                            Not really sure there’s anything McKay could’ve done on all three of those goals.

Very impressive win last night, and what an important one. HUGE opportunity tonight.

These two teams really transition well, and the Mavs team speed was phenomenal. That was an excellent hockey game.
                            AF 99

Comment

. That was an excellent hockey game.
                              If you didn’t enjoy that game, you just don’t like college hockey.

Comment

No highlights of WCHA website. Is that the responsibility of the team/media department, charter cable? They were short and only showed the goals last year. I wish someone took the time and did them like MTU. Those are very well done.

Comment

Working...
                                X