Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Finally. Using the school colors even, crazy isn’t it?
    I'm ecstatic there's no black to be found. When your school doesn't have black as a color, it belongs on your skates and tape, that's it.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Huge win again tonight.

Really liked the team speed we saw tonight and they used it well on the big ice.

Was good to see a lot of Mavs fans in Mariucci.
      Well done! Congrats!!
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Great win last night, Mavericks! The WCHA thanks you!
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          I'm ecstatic there's no black to be found. When your school doesn't have black as a color, it belongs on your skates and tape, that's it.
          Amen!
          If a team wants appear scary good, show it on the ice, field, or court. By that standard the Mavericks don’t need to wear black.

Comment

Brooms.

7-1 to start the season — would’ve signed up for that to start the year. I love how fast this team plays — when they get their transition game going and possess the puck, they’re scary good.

Goaltending has been solid so far — would really like to see one of these guys win the job and roll with it.

I presume some people’s expectations from the preseason may be changing a little at this point...
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Congrats on the sweep, Mav fans. Very much deserved, and good luck the rest of the way.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Thanks D2D. Very classy of you!
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                  Great win last night, Mavericks! The WCHA thanks you!
                  Good Job MSU!

Comment

You beat us. Soundly. *sigh*

Congrats.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I can cheer for Mankato again!

Congrats on the sweep.

Comment

Brooms.

7-1 to start the season — would’ve signed up for that to start the year. I love how fast this team plays — when they get their transition game going and possess the puck, they’re scary good.

Goaltending has been solid so far — would really like to see one of these guys win the job and roll with it.

I presume some people’s expectations from the preseason may be changing a little at this point...
                        Mankato has always had a very fast team. I bet they are fun to watch! Congrats on the sweep.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The questions I had about replacing the scoring seemed to be answered. Im never confident about goaltending until 1 takes the job and runs with it but so far both have looked good.

What i really have liked so far is goals have been both grinding and pretty. From the point and in close. They have scored a bunch to win or like last night found a way to get what they needed to win. If we start getting a little more from lutz/jaremko we are going to be deadly.

Ill be honest i was hoping for 6-2. Thought 5-2-1 was going to be where we were at today but nope. Ill take 7-1 and the lone loss was lost on a fluke.

Great sweep. Does anyone have word on when new jerseys will be for sale. Cant fathom why at games they are trying to sell old ones at full price.
                          All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            I can cheer for Mankato again!
                            Funny how when you win new fans will emerge from the cornfields.
                            (jk, best of luck the rest of the way)
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Brooms.

Glad to admit I was wrong! Things I didn’t see coming -
                              1. Goaltending has been way better than I thought it would be. Friday was a very solid performance from Izzy.
                              2. Forward depth has been great. Napravnik, Rivera, Spooner, and Coatta have all stepped up to help fill in for the huge holes left by CJ, Zeb, and McClure. But I’m especially impressed by the leap Charlie Gerard has taken. He’s been the fastest skater on the team since his Freshman year, but this year he is using that speed in an intelligent and purposeful way. Good on ya, Charlie!
                              As pleased as I am, I still think we can get more. Jake has more in him. Last night I thought was his best game. Yes, the goal was lucky, but he was driving play all night. If he can get back to last year’s level, we’ll be even better. And I think the D can provide a lot more O. Mackie and Zmolek have a lot of scoring potential, and we’ve seen what Scheid can do for a couple years now.
                              Well done, boys! Enjoy your week off!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                Funny how when you win new fans will emerge from the cornfields.
                                (jk, best of luck the rest of the way)
                                I'm a Gopher fan. I went to Mankato so I'm also a Mankato fan. I can cheer for them again because they aren't playing the Gophers anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X