Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

there's a good buck in that racket.

Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Why watch?

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    And that will elect an individual state senator how?
    It doesn't...

Wait -- You're still thinking Maine gets a senator. Maine only gets 4/10's of a senator. Cali gets 7. And Hilly had more votes. Stop screwing the people!
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Internet Nutcase
    Quote Originally Posted by LynahFan View Post
    To be precise, you should probably say it "increased expenditures by millions of dollars per year." My guess is that all things considered, management knows that this policy *made* millions of dollars per year, due to lower turnover, higher quality workers, higher morale, etc.
    I also left out the fact that we’re a private non-profit research lab and the CEO “only” gets paid $1M per year and there are no shareholders. Not really a fair comparison when you take ceo and shareholder greed out of the equation

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

I hope Dr. Ford is ok and avoiding listening to all the women I've been listening to this morning who do not believe her.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Why watch?
    So he has an excuse to type "kjlghdeahb"
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    So he has an excuse to type "kjlghdeahb"
    I read and listen to the other side. I give them a chance. Every day, actually. Then I can make an informed opinion of how ****ing deplorable they really are.

But, bsabsvr.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

See?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

See?
    No other thing that anyone can post or say explains the voting patterns of the United States better than bsabsvr. That has what has happened since 1980. And, IMO, will continue to happen for the forseeable future.

Now that the far right has seated two new Justices in the past year, look for Roberts to continue drifting slightly more towards the center. Not saying that a W appointee is going to become a flaming lib (far from it - especially when making decisions that will favor corporations), but CJs often do this when the court starts to drift too far in one direction, which it clearly now has. Especially once Trump gets to replace RBG with Amy Coney Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Saw a meme this morning with a picture of Kavanaugh and the caption "God Had the Final Say."

I'm supposed to reason with these people?
    No, you aren't. These are the type of toxic, simple-minded, provincially-thinking people that you instead shut out of your life.

You know - morons.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Dr. Ford is being eviscerated over and over again on Fox News Sunday. This is one hell of a country.
    What a world.

Thank goodness I don't get cable at home, so I haven't seen much cable news lately. Whenever it's on in the airport lounge, I try to go find a corner where I can't hear/see it.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-07-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Now that the far right has seated two new Justices in the past year, look for Roberts to continue drifting slightly more towards the center. Not saying that a W appointee is going to become a flaming lib (far from it - especially when making decisions that will favor corporations), but CJs often do this when the court starts to drift too far in one direction, which it clearly now has. Especially once Trump gets to replace RBG with Amy Coney Barrett.

No, you aren't. These are the type of toxic, simple-minded, provincially-thinking people that you instead shut out of your life.

You know - morons.

What a world.

Thank goodness I don't get cable at home, so I haven't seen much cable news lately. Whenever it's on in the airport lounge, I try to go find a corner where I can't hear/see it.
    Fox News Sunday isn't cable news.

Lucia Apologist

100% agree. I’ve been kicking that idea around in my head for a week or two, maybe as deluded hope for the future. Hope is all we have right now.

I think unofan had some comments of judicial drift as well. Maybe four threads ago.

Kicizapi Cetan

Random comments I've been exposed to over the last 48 hours or so:

"Elections matter." -- Alan Dershowitz. Yes Alan, it's about who shows ... nevermind.

"Amy Coney Barrett is right of Kavanaugh; she makes him look almost liberal."

"Sexual predators don't change. We know this; we make them register for life. So where's this guy's bad actions in the last 10, 20, 30 years?"
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Kicizapi Cetan

Especially once Trump gets to replace RBG with Amy Coney Barrett.
    Trump's done two already. If Trump won in 2020 he'd have a shot at ... five.

Notorious RBG is 85.
    Breyer is 80.
    Thomas is 70.
    Alito is 68.
    Sotomayor is 64.
    Roberts is 63.
    Kagan is 58.
    Kavanaugh is 53.
    Gorsuch is the puppy at 51.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Random comments I've been exposed to over the last 48 hours or so:

"Elections matter." -- Alan Dershowitz. Yes Alan, it's about who shows ... nevermind.

"Amy Coney Barrett is right of Kavanaugh; she makes him look almost liberal."

"Sexual predators don't change. We know this; we make them register for life. So where's this guy's bad actions in the last 10, 20, 30 years?"
    His behavior at the hearing was surely consistent with descriptions that he was an angry aggressive person. And obviously of the belief that democrats were conspiring against him. The temperament considerations are why his own law school and the American Bar Association opposed his appointment. And the Bar Association had approved him prior to that sorry display.

I would say both sides are bad, so people just vote with what they grew up believing in. And that's sad.
    Except BSABSVR is an established meme from the Dubya and early Obama eras reflecting the trend of certain Independents to claim they aren't taking sides by claiming both sides are bad, yet always finding an excuse to vote GOP.

Why watch?
    For once, mookie makes a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    Except BSABSVR is an established meme from the Dubya and early Obama eras reflecting the trend of certain Independents to claim they aren't taking sides by claiming both sides are bad, yet always finding an excuse to vote GOP.
    I don't recall the last time I voted for GOP so him responding with that to my posts is rather silly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Trump's done two already. If Trump won in 2020 he'd have a shot at ... five.

Notorious RBG is 85.
    Breyer is 80.
    Thomas is 70.
    Alito is 68.
    Sotomayor is 64.
    Roberts is 63.
    Kagan is 58.
    Kavanaugh is 53.
    Gorsuch is the puppy at 51.
    Which is why 2020 is going to be a war for making SCOTUS a 7-2 rubber stamp for the right on 90% of cases. Expect that to be the Republican campaign strategy.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    For once, mookie makes a valid point.

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    His behavior at the hearing was surely consistent with descriptions that he was an angry aggressive person. And obviously of the belief that democrats were conspiring against him. The temperament considerations are why his own law school and the American Bar Association opposed his appointment. And the Bar Association had approved him prior to that sorry display.
    The dean of Yale Law School, Heather Gerkin, joined with the ABA in their requesting the FBI further investigate allegations against Kavanaugh after the Ford hearing. I'm not aware of the ABA or the Yalie suggesting since the investigation was completed that it was insufficient or a "sham". The ABA has reopened it's ("well qualified") evaluation of Kavanaugh this last week in regards to the temperament question, but it's not completed yet. So as of now they said their original evaluation stands. Unless there is some other info out there to cite, I'm not sure you can rightly say that either Yale or the ABA oppose the appointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Thread Information