This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Unfortunately it is our ... President...
    If I didn't get the Presidential alert, is he really my President then?
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      If I didn't get the Presidential alert, is he really my President then?
      Yes..your phone just sucks.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Turtle Boy in two interviews this morning clarified Garland.

When the President is one party, and the Senate is controlled by the other, you cannot nominate anyone until after the election. That's the thread he has needled. And he's obstinate about it. I'm not sure he's wrong that it hasn't happened since the late 1880's but it's probably because it is so rare that he found himself a nice loophole. I bet he did study the issue and I bet he's not lying about what he believes.

Dr. Ford, however, is lying about what she believes. Oh, something happened to her but it wasn't Kavanaugh who did it.

bsabsvr.
        Wait so if the election also results in a split POTUS/Senate, you still can't nominate anyone? So we will just never fill seats in that case? (Honest question I didn't see the interview.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Wait so if the election also results in a split POTUS/Senate, you still can't nominate anyone? So we will just never fill seats in that case? (Honest question I didn't see the interview.)
          Has to be an election year for the stall to start.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Susan Collins says she doesn’t think Kavanaugh was Ford’s assailant
            After Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court confirmation, more Republicans say they believe he didn’t assault Christine Blasey Ford.
            https://www.vo*****/policy-and-polit...n-collins-ford

Victims who knew there attacker before the attack are not wrong on their ID. But, keep thinking that Republicans.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              The party has said this for like forty years and we ended up with Trump, the SC, and all houses turning red. Sorry but this isn't the 90's anymore.
              Manchin is what we can get in WV. I’d rather have him than any republican.

We ended up with Trump because too many idiots had a fit because they didn’t like Hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Yup. It was proven that the ACA helped slow the rising costs. A lot of people choose to ignore that little fact.

And again, I don’t think the aca should have been the answer. It didn’t fix the actual issues
                The ACA caused the prices to skyrocket. Because they recognized it was now artificially inelastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  I’m not sure anyone will ever get confirmed again if the senate is not controlled by the same party as the whitehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    I’m not sure anyone will ever get confirmed again if the senate is not controlled by the same party as the whitehouse.
                    That's a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Has to be an election year for the stall to start.
                      Ahh, they're still adding that crap.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        Manchin is what we can get in WV. I’d rather have him than any republican.

We ended up with Trump because too many idiots had a fit because they didn’t like Hillary.
                        Yeah and her voter enthusiasm had nothing to do with her policies or past actions as a politician.

As for Manchin when your only choice is him or expansion of the opioid crisis (Morrissey) then yeah of course you should vote for him in the general. But in the primary the party might want to consider funding and running someone who isn't a republican with a D next to their name.

Comment

You just don’t get it. This isn’t New York City where that might work. The only reason we have a Democrat there who votes with us 60% of the time is because those dumb hicks are too stupid to realize the Democrats aren’t the racists anymore.

Manchin goes away and you get Utah.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Ok Brent tell us what’s wrong with the Democrats. Enlighten us.
                            I'll help you out with this one. Democrats haven't consistently figured out how to get elected. When you figure that out, "problems" like Kavanaugh become meaningless. The Supreme Court only gets involved when issues are presented to it. Here's an idea. How about you figure out how to stop Congress and state legislatures from passing laws that fark people. When you do that, the Supremes won't have anything to decide.

I'll give you a hint about how to do that.

Get elected.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              I'll help you out with this one. Democrats haven't consistently figured out how to get elected. When you figure that out, "problems" like Kavanaugh become meaningless. The Supreme Court only gets involved when issues are presented to it. Here's an idea. How about you figure out how to stop Congress and state legislatures from passing laws that fark people. When you do that, the Supremes won't have anything to decide.

Get elected.
                              Pretty tough. The default backup position of the voter class is bsabsvr. It's never bsadsvd. If it were, Hillary and Gore would have been President.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Get elected.
                                That didn’t really answer the question. The question is where are Democrats wrong, not what are the doing wrong.

Brent is saying both sides are bad; I’ll leave out the last half. I want to know what’s bad. The Democrats losing these elections makes them incompetent, not bad.
                                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 10-08-2018, 08:42 AM.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X