This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Chief Justice Roberts lashes out at Trump.
    "What we have is an extraordinary group of dedicated judges doing their level best to do equal right to those appearing before them. That independent judiciary is something we should all be thankful for," Roberts said.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Guess who responded?

I actually suspect these weren't penned by Orange Droolius. They're a bit too eloquent for him.

Comment

I dunno...my guess Trump knows more about Law and Judges than Chief Justice of the Supreme Court...what would Roberts know about anything amirite!?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Trump has asked the Supreme Court to take up the transgender military ban.

He'll get what he wants. Pence will get what he wants. Tony Perkins will get what he wants.

F-ck us, though...
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I dunno...my guess Trump knows more about Law and Judges than Chief Justice of the Supreme Court...what would Roberts know about anything amirite!?
            Trump knows the law.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

He'll get what he wants. Pence will get what he wants. Tony Perkins will get what he wants.

F-ck us, though...
              He's already gotten it: attention

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Please forgive my ignorance but who precisely is he trying to ban? Transgenders that have fully transitioned via surgeries, those not yet there, both? If someone has fully transitioned is it easily discoverable via their records?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Please forgive my ignorance but who precisely is he trying to ban? Transgenders that have fully transitioned via surgeries, those not yet there, both? If someone has fully transitioned is it easily discoverable via their records?
                  I think all of the above?

If he doesn't want them in the military, he's free to take their place on the front line.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

If he doesn't want them in the military, he's free to take their place on the front line.
                    I believe this is right. The ban would be on anyone that in any way can define themselves as transgender.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Its just red meat.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        Its just red meat.
                        Exactly - intended for people who have probably never heard of all those distinctions, much less having thought through all the implications.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

It's a confusing area for The Boy in Chief, because unlike nearly everyone else his age on the planet, he has not yet transitioned from a seventh grader's mentality. In the world he occupies, the urge to pull girls' brastraps and make armfarts is seen as "different." There's got to be some self loathing there.

Comment

I thought Mattis had essentially been stalling/blocking the implementation of that order for months now.

Comment

Looks like the Supremes might be taking away a sweet little (post-auction) revenue source from your local poe-poe.

https://apnews.com/f60d5690704648edbf7a967cb6d6e8df

I love the Gorsuch quote in there ... Breyer's was pretty good too.

The court has formally held that most of the Bill of Rights applies to states as well as the federal government, but it has not done so on the Eighth Amendment’s excessive-fines ban.

Justice Neil Gorsuch was incredulous that Indiana Solicitor General Thomas Fisher was urging the justices to rule that states should not be held to the same standard.

Here we are in 2018 still litigating incorporation of the Bill of Rights. Really? Come on, general,” Gorsuch said to Fisher, using the term for holding that constitutional provisions apply to the states.

Justice Stephen Breyer said under Fisher’s reading police could take the car of a driver caught going 5 mph (8 kph) above the speed limit.

“Anyone who speeds has to forfeit the Bugatti, Mercedes or special Ferrari, or even jalopy,” Breyer said.
                              I see Indiana's Solicitor General takin' a whuppin'.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Who files the appeal?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...constitutional
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X