X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Since the Red states filed the suit, the blue states can now cover the appeal if Trump's flunkies sit on their hands.

https://twitter.com/nicholas_bagley/...51169800044545

Judge is also an idiot, since he tossed it because he said it was "impossible" to separate the mandate from the entirety of the bill, which must be news to the GOP Congress that did just that in 2017. Judicial activism?
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Merry Xmas to those with pre existing conditions!!

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Now that we tried in all efforts to stop Obamacare...and when we couldn't, sabotage Obamacare...and then campaign against Obamacare...we'll find a way to stop Obamacare...so we can institute Obamacare. All because its about us, the GOP, and not the American people.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

We'll have 80%+ of Americans that want Medicare for All within five years, but the GOP will still get 50% of their seats out of habit and laziness (Edit: And racism. Forgot that.). After all, we've had 70-90% in favor of background checks for half a dozen years already.
            Last edited by bronconick; 12-15-2018, 01:32 PM.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              We'll have 80%+ of Americans that want Medicare for All within five years, but the GOP will still get 50% of their seats out of habit and laziness (Edit: And racism. Forgot that.). After all, we've had 70-90% in favor of background checks for half a dozen years already.
              Sounds about right.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Any state that complied with Obamacare and has a financial stake in the matter would/should (might?) have standing to appeal. The people running the defense during this trial were there on behalf of other states. So it stands to reason that they should have standing.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

They all cover for eachother. Too bad the Democrats never cared about the Judiciary.

Comment

Interesting read

https://www.firstthings.com/article/...st-douglas-won
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Yeah Douglas didnt win. Popular Sovereignty was awful (ever hear of Bleeding Kansas) and the South had no claim against the Compromise of 1820. SAD was lazy and weakwilled and feared that his station within the Democratic Party would be lost if he didnt appease the Slave Masters. That is why he drew a hard line in the sand on the concept of Negro Rights unlike Lincoln.

Sorry I know you think it is "interesting" because it backs up a State's Rights agenda (especially based on religious beliefs) but the author is wrong. He also lets his ridiculous bias shine through and overshadow the basic thesis being weak.

I get what he is trying to say and I could MAYBE allow the argument if made another way but considering he is a Professor of the Civil War Era at Gettysburg College I expect better from him. I know freshmen in American History 1001 who could make a better argument than that and not try and use "God and Morality" to prove the point.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Hilarious complaint that state governments are no longer allowed to hate on minorities due to the tyranny of the majority at the federal level (Congress or Supreme Court, take your pick) when conservatives have shown time and time again that they would do the same darn thing in spades when THEY have the federal votes. Cry me a river and win some more elections.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

This will cause some dyspepsia

@WTOP: BREAKING: Supreme Court: Justice Ginsburg has cancerous growths removed from lung. https://wtop.com/national/2018/12/su...ved-from-lung/ https://twitter.com/WTOP/status/1076...365312/photo/1
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, underwent surgery Friday to remove two malignant nodules from her left lung, the Supreme Court said.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, underwent surgery Friday to remove two malignant nodules from her left lung, the Supreme Court said.
                              Trump needs one more.

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Friday refused to revive a Trump administration initiative barring migrants who enter the country illegally from seeking asylum.

The court was closely divided, with Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. joining the four-member liberal wing in turning down the administration’s request for a stay of a trial judge’s order blocking the program.

The court’s brief order gave no reasons for its action. Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel A. Alito Jr., Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh said they would have granted the stay.
                              https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/21/u...rQNWqkp_hZM9WY

Pretty sad that liberals have to count on Roberts to get anything out of the Supreme Court right now.

Comment

Roberts is the Chief Justice, acutely aware that history will remember this period as the "Roberts Court".

Comment

Working...
                                X