Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 363

Thread: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

  1. #301
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,734

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Hell, in 2016 he was Real Time and Bill asked him to find Trump's tax returns, Julian said he would...and funny never happened. Meanwhile the NYT's was able to put it together two years later without hacking anyone. And the Times had every reason to not do it since they had been enabling his BS since the late 70's and still equivocate for him now.
    Ah, finally, I've been waiting to see how annoyed you'd be that it was the NYT that finally exposed the methodology of Trump's fake financial rise.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  2. #302
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,249

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Ah, finally, I've been waiting to see how annoyed you'd be that it was the NYT that finally exposed the methodology of Trump's fake financial rise.
    It certainly was a dud story. It had no legs. Fact is, no one cares. The Democrats are going to have to figure out what people care about cause these things don't translate in the voting booth.

    No one cares about Trump not being really rich or lying about his taxes. No one.

    Find an issue people care about.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  3. #303
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,734

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It certainly was a dud story. It had no legs. Fact is, no one cares. The Democrats are going to have to figure out what people care about cause these things don't translate in the voting booth.

    No one cares about Trump not being really rich or lying about his taxes. No one.

    Find an issue people care about.
    See, I disagree with this 100%.

    True, it doesn't have the "legs" of say a Stormy Daniels, I screwed a porn star story that everyone here likes to hear about nightly on MSNBC. A story, by the way, which will have exactly zero impact on anything in this country.

    But the thing about the Times story that will have an impact is that it's going to cause someone, somewhere in the IRS, to take a look at these things a little closer in the future.

    What Fred Trump did goes on all over this country every single day, by people on both sides of the political aisle. It's the natural inclination of a human being to try to hide or squirrel away what that person has accumulated. You see it in the farm communities when suddenly one year the 12 year old kid "earned" $15,000, paid in December. You see it in small, closely held family businesses.

    The number of "friendly" appraisals of real estate that are performed daily in this country probably reach into the thousands, and they are all done for one purpose. To shield money from the government coffers.

    But stories like the Times always cause some mid-level bureaucrat somewhere to go on a crusade and start questioning these things. We'll never hear about it, and no one will go to jail, but the government will do just a slightly better job of collecting what it is supposed to collect. Who knows, maybe if your blue wave hits, the Dems might even pass a law or two addressing these problems, although I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  4. #304
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,249

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    See, I disagree with this 100%.

    True, it doesn't have the "legs" of say a Stormy Daniels, I screwed a porn star story that everyone here likes to hear about nightly on MSNBC. A story, by the way, which will have exactly zero impact on anything in this country.

    But the thing about the Times story that will have an impact is that it's going to cause someone, somewhere in the IRS, to take a look at these things a little closer in the future.

    What Fred Trump did goes on all over this country every single day, by people on both sides of the political aisle. It's the natural inclination of a human being to try to hide or squirrel away what that person has accumulated. You see it in the farm communities when suddenly one year the 12 year old kid "earned" $15,000, paid in December. You see it in small, closely held family businesses.

    The number of "friendly" appraisals of real estate that are performed daily in this country probably reach into the thousands, and they are all done for one purpose. To shield money from the government coffers.

    But stories like the Times always cause some mid-level bureaucrat somewhere to go on a crusade and start questioning these things. We'll never hear about it, and no one will go to jail, but the government will do just a slightly better job of collecting what it is supposed to collect. Who knows, maybe if your blue wave hits, the Dems might even pass a law or two addressing these problems, although I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
    Sure. Might happen. But the fact is that the Republicans have gutted "enforcement" dollars of white collar crimes to such a degree that until that changes none of it matters in the slightest.

    Just remember, I know I'll never forget, Martha Stewart was put in jail. Not a single banker on Wall Street went to jail for what they did to the country in 2008.

    Fact is folks, this country is lost and it's doomed. More people believe Feinstein leaked the letter than believe Dr. Ford's testimony.

    In other words, find the things people care about. And in all cases those things drive Republican votes.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  5. #305
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,249

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    Also, on this topic.

    Trump has put two white men on the bench. Obama put two women on the bench. Here's the numbers from the failing NY Times.

    Since the Supreme Court was established in 1789, 114 justices have been appointed. All but six were white men.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur

    We're not a diverse country. Anyone who says we are is lying.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  6. #306

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,445

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    @TheAnchoress: It's time to rewatch Paddy Chayefsky's brilliant Satire, "Network". Which has come true. America's future brought to you by tv ratings, since 2015. https://twitter.com/bpmehlman/status...30120468729857

  7. #307
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,249

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs


    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  8. #308
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45,493

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    How many of you had this wacko as a teacher? http://www.startribune.com/rosemount...ugh/495903561/
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  9. #309
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    38,066

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Ah, finally, I've been waiting to see how annoyed you'd be that it was the NYT that finally exposed the methodology of Trump's fake financial rise.
    It annoys me because it reminds me of the NYTs my father told me about when I was a kid. (All the News Thats Fit to Print) I applaud the work they did but at the same time they employ awful people like Haberman and others so I wish someone else got the credit.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  10. #310
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,857

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    How many of you had this wacko as a teacher? http://www.startribune.com/rosemount...ugh/495903561/
    The teacher works in ISD 917, which is a special education district - children who are all emotionally disturbed, or severely disabled. It's a district that stretches across a huge swath of land, perhaps most of the state. A GPL poster works in that very same school, likely knows the teacher in question. The normal public school district in Rosemount is ISD 196.

    That's the long way to say that the only person on this board would who qualifies to attend that school is you.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  11. #311
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,249

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    The teacher works in ISD 917, which is a special education district - children who are all emotionally disturbed, or severely disabled. It's a district that stretches across a huge swath of land, perhaps most of the state. A GPL poster works in that very same school, likely knows the teacher in question. The normal public school district in Rosemount is ISD 196.

    That's the long way to say that the only person on this board would who qualifies to attend that school is you.
    I hope whoever it is is not one of the good teachers in that field cause that field needs all the good teachers it can get and this was just a silly lack of judgement in a fleeting moment.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  12. #312
    NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    18,706

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    How many of you had this wacko as a...wait, does he have a job? https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-not-confirmed

    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

  13. #313
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    38,066

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    Just another good guy with a gun. Drew approves...since he wasnt killing fetuses joe doesnt mind either.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  14. #314

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Just another good guy with a gun. Drew approves...since he wasnt killing fetuses joe doesnt mind either.
    Take some castor oil.

  15. #315
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Just another good guy with a gun. Drew approves...since he wasnt killing fetuses joe doesnt mind either.
    Way too many extremists on both sides. Makes it tough for us folks in the middle.

  16. #316
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    21,203

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Way too many extremists on both sides. Makes it tough for us folks in the middle.
    Middle of what?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

  17. #317
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,004

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    “We need to more people in the middle”, says the guy who wants people who are too mentally incompetent to handle their own finances, to be allowed to own guns.

  18. #318
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Way too many extremists on both sides. Makes it tough for us folks in the middle.
    You? Middle? Yeah...i don't think so

  19. #319
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    “We need to more people in the middle”, says the guy who wants people who are too mentally incompetent to handle their own finances, to be allowed to own guns.
    One’s financial situation shouldn’t play any part in whether they can own a gun or not.

    I guess I am so far right I support single payer and a $15 an hour national minimum wage.

  20. #320
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,249

    Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Way too many extremists on both sides. Makes it tough for us folks in the middle.
    rotflmao
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •