Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Continue
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Hey, guys, I know I promised to exact revenge on my political enemies during my nationally televised job interview in a pre-written statement, but now I promise that after I am confirmed to a lifetime position on the Supreme Court from which I can never be fired, I will totally not do that.

-- Brett Kavanaugh

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

So they'll vote for the Republican who probably wants them barefoot and chained to the kitchen?

Have you ever been outside of the liberal northeast?

Maine's in the northeast. Not liberal. New Hampshire's in the northeast. Also not liberal.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Well, I finally get to post.

I could go on and on about Susan Collins, Flake, Machin, and Avenatti and how they're all complete pieces of ****. But, I won't. I will state the one thing I learned from everyone from the President on down about this issue this past week.

If you're a female victim of sexual assault you better have a blue dress. If you don't, don't bother. People saying they believe you and believe him at the same time are lying to you. They believe him.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

(((NPC)))

trix is from MN...so yes he has been outside the liberal NE

And yeah Scooby...listening to Collins say how she believed Ford then spent 5 minutes doing her best to destroy everything Ford said was the height of hilarity. She couldnt even stab women in the back with any sort of spine she had to try and pretend this was for the better good. (to bring both sides back together) She is, and always has been a fraud.

I have no ill will for Manchin over his vote...though he is a spineless jellyfish. Avenatti...his whole strategy was stupid.

Like I said the Dems have a month to use this. And as my gf said when I told her about the vote (she is out of town) no more staying home, no more third party bs its time for anyone left of center to put up or shut up. Plug your nose, vote D and try and fix this crap. No more purity tests, no more factions...its D or bust. Until things change the only way to win is to play by their rules.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    trix is from MN...so yes he has been outside the liberal NE

And yeah Scooby...listening to Collins say how she believed Ford then spent 5 minutes doing her best to destroy everything Ford said was the height of hilarity. She couldnt even stab women in the back with any sort of spine she had to try and pretend this was for the better good. (to bring both sides back together) She is, and always has been a fraud.

I have no ill will for Manchin over his vote...though he is a spineless jellyfish. Avenatti...his whole strategy was stupid.

Like I said the Dems have a month to use this. And as my gf said when I told her about the vote (she is out of town) no more staying home, no more third party bs its time for anyone left of center to put up or shut up. Plug your nose, vote D and try and fix this crap. No more purity tests, no more factions...its D or bust. Until things change the only way to win is to play by their rules.
    Manchin provided cover and took something away from Democrats. He also while interviewed said he was a West Virginian Boy when asked whether this would affect his status in the Democratic Party. What he should have done, even after voting yes, was stood up for the Democratic Party. Instead he distanced himself.

He's worthless.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Well, I finally get to post.

I could go on and on about Susan Collins, Flake, Machin, and Avenatti and how they're all complete pieces of ****. But, I won't. I will state the one thing I learned from everyone from the President on down about this issue this past week.

If you're a female victim of sexual assault you better have a blue dress. If you don't, don't bother. People saying they believe you and believe him at the same time are lying to you. They believe him.
    ...also, Scoob, it better have been done by a trans person in a public bathroom.

That's the only time Republicans care about sexual assault. Part of why I hesitated to come out for so long was because of trans bathroom panic.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    ...also, Scoob, it better have been done by a trans person in a public bathroom.

That's the only time Republicans care about sexual assault. Part of why I hesitated to come out for so long was because of trans bathroom panic.
    True.

I am hearing that Grassley has stated today that Republican Women do not want to be on the Judiciary Committee because it's too much work.

Manchin provided cover and took something away from Democrats. He also while interviewed said he was a West Virginian Boy when asked whether this would affect his status in the Democratic Party. What he should have done, even after voting yes, was stood up for the Democratic Party. Instead he distanced himself.

He's worthless.
    I’ll take him over a republican any day but there’s also zero reason for the party to throw money behind the guy in the primary either.

He's worthless.
    He voted against the tax bill and the repeal of Obamacare. We can give him a meaningless symbolic vote in exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    He voted against the tax bill and the repeal of Obamacare. We can give him a meaningless symbolic vote in exchange.
    No. I won't.

He gets zero money from the party as far as I'm concerned from now on.

And, yes, I would vote for him if I lived there and he was the Democrat running for that seat. Those are two separate things. I also wonder what he would have done if he was the deciding vote.

And just to reiterate why I feel this way. I have no purity test. But, the fact of the matter is that Judge Kavanaugh without a single sexual allegation against him was not Supreme Court material. And I think the evidence has bore that out. If this were another Gorsuch and Manchin voted for him I would have no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    You’re acting like it’s some great burden for a Democrat to vote against those bills. That says enough about the modern democrat party on its own.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I’ll take him over a republican any day but there’s also zero reason for the party to throw money behind the guy in the primary either.
    Because you spend money to get the best bang for your buck. It's basically the money spent times the difference in the Dem vs Rep for voting in Congress. You also have to weigh the likelihood that dollar will be effective.

$ * (D-R) * Effectiveness = value of that dollar

Effectiveness might be the 100 minus the abs value of the delta in the polls.

You focus your money where you can get the most Congressional vote per dollar. I'm betting it tracks pretty closely with the Trump +/- on 538.

1. Jon Tester - D/2012 - MT - 47.3% delta from expected alignment w/ trump - DSCC spent $4.14 million in that race or 6.7% of their total expenses.
    2. Sherrod Brown - D/2012 - OH - 40.2% - $7.0M - 11.3%
    3. Claire McCaskill - D/2012 - MO - 37.4% - $3.9M - 6.2%
    4. Heidi Heitkamp - D/2012 - ND - 36.3% - $4.5M - 7.2%
    5. Doug Jones - D/2018 - AL - 32.2% - ??? - ???
    6. Joe Manchin - D/2012 - WV - 32.0% - $0.0M - 0.0% * $0 in 2012 likely because he was polling +30. So that's where the effectiveness factor comes in.
    7. Tammy Baldwin - D/2012 - WI - 32.0% - $7.9M - 12.7%
    8. Joe Donnelly - D/2012 - IN - 28.5% - $4.2M - 6.8%
    9. Al Franken - D/2012 - MN - 25.9% - $0.0M - 0.0% - Likely because he was polling well but public polls had him at +10-15%
    10. Jeff Merkley - D/2014 - OR - 24.4% - $0.0M - 0.0% - Won by 20%
    11. Robert Casey - D/2012 - PA - 24.2% - $0.2M - 0.3% - Won by 9%
    12. Debbie Stabenow - $0 - Won by 20%
    13. Gary Peters - D/2014 - MI - 21.4% - $5.0M - 6.8% - won by 13%
    14. Tina Smith - D/2018 TBD
    15. Amy Klobuchar - $0 - Won by 35%!!
    16. Maggie Hassan - D/2016 - NH - 19.4% - $22.2M - 18.7%
    17. Cory Booker - $0 - Won by 13%
    18. Ron Wyden - $0 - Won by 33%!
    21. Catherine Masto - D/2016- NV - 15.3% - $15.3M - 12.9%
    23. Michael Bennett - D/2010 - 14.5% - $8.5M - 16.3%
    24. Bill Nelson - D/2012 - FL - 14.1% - $5.0M - 8.0%
    31. Tim Kaine - D/2012 - VA - 8.6% - $9.0M - 14.5% - ????????? Probably just a raw numbers game here. Protect the seat.
    33. Chris Murphy - D/2012 - CT - 5.2% - $4.3M - 6.9%

Losses:
    78. Mary Landrieu - D/2014 - LA - (-9.2%) - $5.1M - 7.0% - Lost by 11.8% :-\ w t f were they spending money here for?
    79. Baron Hill - D/2016 - IN - (-9.6%) - $12.7M - 10.7% - Lost by 9.7% - more wt f? Both of these top ones are so bizarre since the people who were elected there aren't voting out of line with their state.
    81. Mark Begich - D/2014 - AK - (-14.2%) - $6.4M - 8.8% - Lost by 2.2%
    82. Jason Kander - D/2016 - MO - (-12.7%) - $13.0M - 11.0%
    87. Richard Carmona - D/2012 - AZ - (-23.6%) - $4.0M - 6.3% Fixed
    88. Bruce Braley - D/2014 - IA - (-19.3%) - $12.4M - 17.1% - Lost by 8.3%, again w t f?
    94. Deborah Ross - D/2016 - NC - (-33.1%) - $24.3M - 20.6% - Lost by 5.7%
    94. Kay Hagan - D/2014 - NC - (-33.6%) - $15.0M - 20.7% - Lost by 1.5%
    97. Katie McGinty - D/2016 - PA - (-35.8%) - $24.8M - 21.0% - Lost by 1.5% - $10.2M in 2010 (Spector) as well. Lost there too.
    99. Shelley Berkley - D/2012 - NV - (-43.1%) - $5.4M - 8.7% *Lost by 1.2% - Dean Heller is second most out of favor with the Dems relative to his state. Votes with Trump 92% of the time.
    100. Mark Udall - D/2014 - CO - (-46.5%) - $10.1M - 14.0% - Lost by 1.9%. MOST out of favor with dems relative to the state. Gardner votes w/ trump 90.9%.

*There's always math, so shut up.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 10-05-2018 at 08:40 PM.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

I suspect this take may be true.

When Drumpf complains: “It’s a very scary time for young men in America,” but “women are doing great.” A Kremlin propagandist Dmitry Kiselyov commiserates on TV: “Guess what stands in Kavanaugh’s way? Certainly, the disease of malignant feminism… used to destroy promising careers and eliminate political opponents.”
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-kr...-court-nominee

Yes, it's The Daily Beast, but it's a relevant article.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

WSJ owns the libs:

https://t.co/8D8GZH4DnH?amp=1

To be honest, imo we need a big change to our system of governance. Top down change. No more D’s or R’s because we’re aftaid of the bogeyman constructed to keep us fighting each other.

Imo, without some form of revolution we would need someone like a Dr. King or RFK to emerge to get us on the right track but no-one has the guts (nor brains and charisma) to pull that off, the willingness to pay the ultimate price for change so we get this ****. Another deep state connected elitist ***** on the bench. And the opposition doesn’t appear much better. Imo.

Compare all of them to this speech: https://youtu.be/77IdKFqXbUY

EDIT: or this magnificent speech: https://youtu.be/OC1Ru2p8OfU

https://youtu.be/OC1Ru2p8OfU

We don’t people like this running for office or in office. “That is why we fail”, to quote that green thing from empire strikes back.

With moral courage from our leaders Kavanaugh doesn’t get a whiff of this power but here we are.
    Last edited by solovsfett; 10-06-2018 at 01:52 AM.

I missed the circus today working and traveling, but why did Susan grandstand for so long? Why not just make a simple statement

Thread Information