This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    This is true, no one should feel good about it. The problem is virtually everyone who is on the right DOES feel good about it, and a near universal number of the representatives they elect feel good about it. People are positively gleeful that Kavanaugh was confirmed. These same people are often the ones who also gleefully cheer when their president mocks a woman who may have been sexually assaulted, possibly by the guy their representatives in government just confirmed to a lifetime position on the most important court in the world.

There is nothing left about our government that functions for the needs of the vast majority of the people in this country. On one hand we deserve better than this. On the other hand we get the government we deserve when women vote for men who abuse women, or the poor vote for people who will take money out of their pockets so a billionaire can pay less in taxes, or a union member who expects his union to fight for better wages and working conditions votes for people who espouse the fallacy of "right to work" laws, or hunters and hikers vote for people who couldn't care less about protecting the environment from corporate interests who think nothing of warming the planet a little more for a few more buck in stock prices...
    I don’t disagree but when the Dems give the alternative of someone who also doesn’t support most peoples’ interests I’m realistic about what the turnout is going to be like.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Joe doesn't like Jesuits. Too academic and not fire and brimstone enough for him.
      Heretics.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        omg***bbgrazzledazzlewhatever you're talking about.

Jesus, if you really think all Dems are angels who look out for the common person...here's some more Kool-Aid. Remember, kids, I am not a Republican, because I think what they have become is pure bullsh*.
        No, but you are believing and pushing the "both sides" narrative, which is exactly what causes people to sit out elections and not vote, which puts the party of greater evil in power.

If it comes down to Corporate Hegemony vs. Corporate Hegemony Lite, I'm taking the diet version every time and twice on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          No, but you are believing and pushing the "both sides" narrative, which is exactly what causes people to sit out elections and not vote, which puts the party of greater evil in power.

If it comes down to Corporate Hegemony vs. Corporate Hegemony Lite, I'm taking the diet version every time and twice on Sunday.
          That was the whole point of the original post about the meme. It's still evil. And it makes me sad.

To put it in more basic terms, do you want a punch in the face, or a punch in the gut?
          If ANYthing, this whole Trump thing revealed the country's true colors, and frankly, I would love to blow the whole political system up and start from scratch. I fear it's too late for that, without a major MAJOR uprising from the people, and it won't be with votes. It'll be like some non-power country revolting against the ruling powers.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That was the whole point of the original post about the meme. It's still evil. And it makes me sad.

To put it in more basic terms, do you want a punch in the face, or a punch in the gut?
            If ANYthing, this whole Trump thing revealed the country's true colors, and frankly, I would love to blow the whole political system up and start from scratch. I fear it's too late for that, without a major MAJOR uprising from the people, and it won't be with votes. It'll be like some non-power country revolting against the ruling powers.
            That type of change can't happen without ceding world authority to China, which none of us want, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              That type of change can't happen without ceding world authority to China, which none of us want, trust me.
              I agree with you there. China is one scary friggin' country for ruling. USSR is the name on the product, China really puts the screws to you.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

ghdjkl
                GOP Hypocrites Disregarded Judge Kavanaugh's Lies?
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  GOP Hypocrites Disregarded Judge Kavanaugh's Lies?
                  Scooby is speaking Klingon or something, so I'll respond in kind.

Comment

bsabsvr
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

*sigh* BSABSVR
                      Both
                      Sides
                      Are
                      Bad
                      So
                      Vote
                      Republican
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        bsabsvr
                        Oh, the Babadook. Great movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          *sigh* BSABSVR
                          Both
                          Sides
                          Are
                          Bad
                          So
                          Vote
                          Republican
                          I would say both sides are bad, so people just vote with what they grew up believing in. And that's sad.

Comment

If you really think the Democratic Party platform is evil there is no point in discussing anything with you.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              If you really think the Democratic Party platform is evil there is no point in discussing anything with you.
                              The mark of a true "you don't agree with me, so eff you" person. *sigh*

BTW, the same stance that the herpaderp Republicans take. The ones that many condemn. And no one (Rep or Dem) will admit it.

Comment

The mark of a true "you don't agree with me, so eff you" person. *sigh*

BTW, the same stance that the herpaderp Republicans take. The ones that many condemn. And no one (Rep or Dem) will admit it.
                                Ok Brent, answer the *ing question: What about the Democrats is evil?
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X