Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
    To not use Savory, a goalie with good credentials, at all this season would be the controversy. And if you are going to give him a shot at it, a game against a non conference opponent seems to be the best way to do it. The schedule ahead the next few weeks is tough and on the road. So having Savory get playing time on the road is a very smart move. He gets his own game and is not called upon to clean up for Marshall or to have to come in when the rest of the team is having a bad night. He passed the test. Now Coach Smith will have an option so he is not hoping for the best if he needs to use him. And it takes some of the pressure off Marshall. For me no controversy whatsoever.
    Are Savory's credentials that good? He played Jr. B last year.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I didn't know where Fredonia is.
      Chautauqua County. Where Nick Bailen's from.

Comment

Are Savory's credentials that good? He played Jr. B last year.
        From what I saw at the exhibition and the Princeton game, I'd say so. Sure, he looked a little shaky to start the Princeton game (what cold goaltender isn't), but eventually calmed down. He's going to be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Chautauqua County. Where Nick Bailen's from.
          That's upstate.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That's upstate.
            Completely and utterly false. Everyone knows the line is tangent to the southern edge of Lake Ontario, also around the southern edge of the Adirondack Park.

Comment

Completely and utterly false. Everyone knows the line is tangent to the southern edge of Lake Ontario, also around the southern edge of the Adirondack Park.
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upstate_New_York

Without even reading this, I suspect that there is a lot of disagreement in the discussion page, but it begins with "Upstate New York is the portion of the American state of New York lying north of the New York metropolitan area.".
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Without even reading this, I suspect that there is a lot of disagreement in the discussion page, but it begins with "Upstate New York is the portion of the American state of New York lying north of the New York metropolitan area.".
                Which is absolutely false. Wikipedia is not trustworthy.

Comment

FD likes to define it his way and thinks somehow that is the universal definition shared across the state. His definition is closer to what I would think of as the North Country myself. Everyone in central NY considers themselves to be part of upstate. So.. if you go by the popular vote, he is wrong. If you use the electoral college... maybe he is right.

Now moving on to more important things. I am finally optimistic about this team after attending last night. They are clearly much better coached than they were previously. My son and I used to watch and count the number of boneheaded plays that kids made with seemingly no repercussions from the previous regime (maybe there were but it never seemed to show on the ice). Last night all he could say was... I can't believe how much better they look in their end and how well they are playing together. They made a lot of nice little chip plays to the corners or out of he corners to begin the break out and get the puck up ice. I think they may have been pinned in once the entire game. Not bad at all. That game could easily have been 4 or 5 to 1 if the UM goalie hadn't made some great stops. Savory was solid but he didn't have to be spectacular which is a sign of the D doing a good job. I really like the Hayhurst.. Lacka.. Lappanin(sp?) line. Those boys can move the puck. Perhaps the days of losing are coming to an end.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Savory at last I’ve been lobbying for him for weeks. Marshall is ok but savory can be good. Just like kassie took over his freshman year. Without Seth there goalies won’t be getting miraculously better

Good win let’s do it again Sunday
                    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                      To not use Savory, a goalie with good credentials, at all this season would be the controversy. And if you are going to give him a shot at it, a game against a non conference opponent seems to be the best way to do it. The schedule ahead the next few weeks is tough and on the road. So having Savory get playing time on the road is a very smart move. He gets his own game and is not called upon to clean up for Marshall or to have to come in when the rest of the team is having a bad night. He passed the test. Now Coach Smith will have an option so he is not hoping for the best if he needs to use him. And it takes some of the pressure off Marshall. For me no controversy whatsoever.
                      I didn't post to start a controversy, I was hoping that Savory's performance would get Marshall back on track. He has been very inconsistent this season, and maybe this will get him going again.
                      And the only thing I didn't like about Smith's coaching was the way he left Marshall in after he was not at his best. I think that it really hurt Marshall's confidence. Maybe now he will get him out earlier on his bad days.
                      I love the idea of having two goalies that can step in and do a great job. But I don't like a tandem system. We need one goalie to step up and play the majority of the games.(a #1 goaltender).
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        I didn't post to start a controversy, I was hoping that Savory's performance would get Marshall back on track. He has been very inconsistent this season, and maybe this will get him going again.
                        And the only thing I didn't like about Smith's coaching was the way he left Marshall in after he was not at his best. I think that it really hurt Marshall's confidence. Maybe now he will get him out earlier on his bad days.
                        I love the idea of having two goalies that can step in and do a great job. But I don't like a tandem system. We need one goalie to step up and play the majority of the games.(a #1 goaltender).
                        The only thing that seems to be creating any sort of a controversy goalie-wise is Chase Perry ending up as the 3rd. I don't know how many times I've heard "But he's the senior!" when referring to that situation. Given what we've been seeing, Marshall could use the pine, and Savory definitely deserves his shot.

Comment

The only thing that seems to be creating any sort of a controversy goalie-wise is Chase Perry ending up as the 3rd. I don't know how many times I've heard "But he's the senior!" when referring to that situation. Given what we've been seeing, Marshall could use the pine, and Savory definitely deserves his shot.
                          I don't know what Perry did, but I have to believe that he is only being kept on scholarship to complete his degree. He could be injured and is not available to play. I don't think that anyone outside of the team really knows.
                          I can only wish him well in the future.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            I don't know what Perry did, but I have to believe that he is only being kept on scholarship to complete his degree. He could be injured and is not available to play. I don't think that anyone outside of the team really knows.
                            I can only wish him well in the future.
                            That is my thought also. I hear that he also does a great job of opening the door to the bench.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X