Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

RPI's defense may not have looked as impenetrable as we might have liked, but they only allowed Husson's offense to score seven points. Husson had averaged 40.7 points per game this season, even after being held to 7 by Union in their opener.

In the only other game involving a Liberty League team today, Ithaca, which hadn't surrendered more than 21 points in a game all season, coughed up 44 in losing the Scotty Whitelaw Bowl to Utica. Note that one of Ithaca's opponents earlier this year was Brockport, and Brockport only scored 13 against them.

Brockport probably deserves to be favored next week, but you never know what's going to happen until the game is played.
    Last edited by Waite21; 11-17-2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

The most interesting thing is that the QB for Brockport St. is Joe Germinerio who played at LaSalle Institute in TROY.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        RPI's defense may not have looked as impenetrable as we might have liked, but they only allowed Husson's offense to score seven points. Husson had averaged 40.7 points per game this season, even after being held to 7 by Union in their opener.

In the only other game involving a Liberty League team today, Ithaca, which hadn't surrendered more than 21 points in a game all season, coughed up 44 in losing the Scotty Whitelaw Bowl to Utica. Note that one of Ithaca's opponents earlier this year was Brockport, and Brockport only scored 13 against them.

Brockport probably deserves to be favored next week, but you never know what's going to happen until the game is played.
        I had thought all year that Ithaca was the class of the Liberty League and we were indeed fortunate to beat them. As you say, you never know and it is all about each match up. Can only hope we keep next week's game close early and be able to play our own offense without having to worry about playing catch up quickly. I wish our QB was a bit more mobile and also was a bit quicker to look off his primary receiver and go to option 2 or option 3 receivers more quickly as he often throws into double and even triple coverage. Running game has looked very good all season and Cella (nto the biggest guy) is one tough dude to knock off his feet and get down on the ground.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

We interrupt all this football talk to bring you the following message: this is a hockey blog....The hockey team's reign atop the ECAC has now come to a close. Hopefully the break will help get everyone back healthy and ready to go. It was fun while it lasted. Sweeping UML would be a great post Thanksgiving treat!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
            We interrupt all this football talk to bring you the following message: this is a hockey blog....The hockey team's reign atop the ECAC has now come to a close. Hopefully the break will help get everyone back healthy and ready to go. It was fun while it lasted. Sweeping UML would be a great post Thanksgiving treat!!!!!
            Presently tied with Union in 5th (Yes, Cornell and Dartmouth have the same number of points as us, but also have games in hand). And it's not like we've played Mickey Mouse competition either; even though CCT's in 11th, they've only played 2 game so we should expect them to pick it up a bit. We are getting outscored in league by about a 3:2 margin. Let's show, in the next couple of weeks, that we can get shots on net, we can generate some chances, and finish. Whatever Coach Smith did before the Union series seems like it needs to be reinforced, because I didn't see it at Princeton.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
              And we get three reinforcements over the break. I don't know if any will help, but I doubt anyone else is getting three new players. (Actually they are "used" players. )
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

And I forgot **** Verizon.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think this "break" comes at a perfect time. Lacka should be back,Riley looking to play this weekend. These guys just have to SHOOT THE PUCK! Plenty of looks and opportunities against Princeton but just tried to be perfect. I'm still believing in home ice for playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                    I think this "break" comes at a perfect time. Lacka should be back,Riley looking to play this weekend. These guys just have to SHOOT THE PUCK! Plenty of looks and opportunities against Princeton but just tried to be perfect. I'm still believing in home ice for playoffs.
                    personally i think we missed Lacka. But we really missed Reilly (or did we reilly miss Really?) In any case, i look for 2 low scoring games perhaps 3-1 or 3-2 and more than likely a split of the pair.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      personally i think we missed Lacka. But we really missed Reilly (or did we reilly miss Really?) In any case, i look for 2 low scoring games perhaps 3-1 or 3-2 and more than likely a split of the pair.
                      You could have said also that we lacked Lacka.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                        Honestly, I'd rather it be on net than constantly missing the net or going directly into a blocking forward causing an odd man rush because of panic shooting. There is no shame in working for a good shot. When the opportunity arises though, we must take it quickly. On too many occasions, the player takes forever lining it up properly that the goalie gets into position and makes an easy stop. I understand there's a balance, but now it comes time to perfect the actions.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Honestly, I'd rather it be on net than constantly missing the net or going directly into a blocking forward causing an odd man rush because of panic shooting. There is no shame in working for a good shot. When the opportunity arises though, we must take it quickly. On too many occasions, the player takes forever lining it up properly that the goalie gets into position and makes an easy stop. I understand there's a balance, but now it comes time to perfect the actions.
                          I haven't done any calculations and I don't know if it is possible, but we seem to be shooting more than under SA with not as many pass-pass-turnovers. The problem seems to be that we just don't have any real good goal scorers. The jury is still out on Lacka since he only played a couple of games.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-20-2018, 03:49 AM. Reason: typo
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I haven't done any calculations and I don't know if it is possible, but we seem to be shooting more than under SA with not as many pass-pass-turnovers. The problem seems to be that we just don't have any real good goal scorers. The jury is still out on Lacka sicne he only played a couple of games.
                            After what we saw vs. Union, they're good goal scorers, they just need a swift kick in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              After what we saw vs. Union, they're good goal scorers, they just need a swift kick in the rear.
                              I totally disagree with that. We haven't had a natural goal scorer since Pirri.
                              Without a natural goal scorer, we have to put the puck on net and crash for the rebounds.
                              We can score three goals a game with what we have, but nobody is afraid of our offense, and they play us as tight as they can which just makes us hurry shots and miss the net.
                              We need a scorer who will make the opposition back up and give us some room. Right now, he doesn't exist on this team.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                I totally disagree with that. We haven't had a natural goal scorer since Pirri.
                                Without a natural goal scorer, we have to put the puck on net and crash for the rebounds.
                                We can score three goals a game with what we have, but nobody is afraid of our offense, and they play us as tight as they can which just makes us hurry shots and miss the net.
                                We need a scorer who will make the opposition back up and give us some room. Right now, he doesn't exist on this team.
                                Bingo. Everything falls into place as far as being a stronger team overall when we have someone that can individually put fear/pressure on opposing defenses. It opens up everything else in the scheme.

Comment

Working...
                                X