Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I would agree that they are our top line at the moment. The question is can they play like they are our top line. Hopefully, we will find out against Brown and Yale.
    I plan to go to the Brown game. I vote for chemistry over balanced line scoring. I look for win #11 (1 more than FB 10) in game #28 Dartmouth. Any other predictions?

Comment

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
      I plan to go to the Brown game. I vote for chemistry over balanced line scoring. I look for win #11 (1 more than FB 10) in game #28 Dartmouth. Any other predictions?
      I too vote for Chemistry over balanced line scoring. We have zero balance and chemistry if it means having one line that can do it and the others struggle then so be it. It is better than 4 lines struggling. That's what we have not, 4 lines struggling. That's my opinion and I have been pretty adamant on chemistry.

Comment

pregame interviews https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghI0dtNlk0E (Smith, Lacka, Hallbauer)
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-06-2018, 06:28 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am hoping we pick up two points any way it comes this weekend. I'll settle for that but i too want to see more cohesive play. All the things pointed out on here by the long term followers contain key points and most have merit. Fully understand how many new players are on the roster and more will join in shortly. But as I have always mentioned, these are not kids. They have all been playing this game at other levels for the most part, a long time. They should be able to figure out how to mesh into playing together with some chemistry. And yes, that is also a big job of the coach to attend to also. This season is no longer just starting and we seem to know what we have shown so far. Lots of avenues need improvement and it has to start now. There are times that i see enough talent on this team but there are times that they just do not have the rhythm on ice of finding each other quickly enough. Just MHO and really not very different from most of what others are posting.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

1 in 4 chance of winning

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It looks like there is a good chance I will be leaving USCHO soon except for the Café.

probably next week
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-07-2018, 09:51 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It looks like there is a good chance I will be leaving USCHO soon except for the Café.

probably next week
                Hang around Ralph, I enjoy your posts throughout the season.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

probably next week
                  Not Acceptable. We need you here contributing.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

probably next week
                    Why not just taper down a bit and stay? Many of us would be lost without your input. Would not be the same without you.

Comment

1 in 4 chance of winning

Betting odds pretty much agree giving us a 19% win probability with the most like spread of 1.5 goals and the median score as 3-1. If i were to bet on tonight's game I would take those odds (4 to 1) but try to get 2 goals as a fairly large underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Why not just taper down a bit and stay?
                        That isn't the problem.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          I am hoping we pick up two points any way it comes this weekend. I'll settle for that but i too want to see more cohesive play. All the things pointed out on here by the long term followers contain key points and most have merit. Fully understand how many new players are on the roster and more will join in shortly. But as I have always mentioned, these are not kids. They have all been playing this game at other levels for the most part, a long time. They should be able to figure out how to mesh into playing together with some chemistry. And yes, that is also a big job of the coach to attend to also. This season is no longer just starting and we seem to know what we have shown so far. Lots of avenues need improvement and it has to start now. There are times that i see enough talent on this team but there are times that they just do not have the rhythm on ice of finding each other quickly enough. Just MHO and really not very different from most of what others are posting.
                          We've played some really ugly games in New Haven in recent years. I'll be there tonight as always and I'm hoping for a competitive effort. The 3-1 prediction would actually be a step forward because it means the game was competitive and, with the right bounces and effort, we could win. I'll take that.

Even more frustrating has been our inability to capitalize regularly against Brown. A solid effort combined with a willingness to play through their normal "clutch, grab, obstruct and hope the goalie's hot" style of play should yield a win and more confidence for the second half. If instead the guys get frustrated into making too many individual plays and inevitable errors as we were want to do over the last decade then this season promises more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                            We've played some really ugly games in New Haven in recent years. I'll be there tonight as always and I'm hoping for a competitive effort. The 3-1 prediction would actually be a step forward because it means the game was competitive and, with the right bounces and effort, we could win. I'll take that.

Even more frustrating has been our inability to capitalize regularly against Brown. A solid effort combined with a willingness to play through their normal "clutch, grab, obstruct and hope the goalie's hot" style of play should yield a win and more confidence for the second half. If instead the guys get frustrated into making too many individual plays and inevitable errors as we were want to do over the last decade then this season promises more of the same.
                            Experience with Brown over the years has shown them to be one of those teams that just keeps collapsing back into that small area in front of the crease. We have needed for years to develop a strategy to open that up or not give them the time to do it. With rare exceptions we just have not found the answer and the games are tougher and closer than they needed to be. We need to be able to beat up on teams that we should and pile up some offensive statistics but we haven't. Would love to see this be the weekend that we can show that we actually do have an offense that can score.

Comment

Pregame reception for Mayor's Cup
                              http://alumni.rpi.edu/s/1225/alumni/...YswpMXyg%3d%3d
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

probably next week
                                Might even be sooner.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X